Fans Toys FT-25 Outrider (Masterpiece Trailbreaker)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by 0ursisthefury, Aug 29, 2016.

1. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

Gotta throw your money away at something...

If the improved bots don't come out faster, I'll just be blowing money on more guns... It's debatable as to which is more important... Plastic toys before US and China nuke each other or the covids taking my guns...

2. Special Edition Goose

Special Edition Goose Well-Known Member

A couple more pics to add to the Outrider pyre!

This time, adding a little chrome action. As well as an uncoloured cuff version, inspired by @Autobot Spike. Love your work, chap!

FT25 Outrider - Chrome Render.jpg FT25 Outrider - Toon Render.jpg

• Like Like x 31
  3. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

Aesthetically, I think the black colored cuffs still looks better. Also, just as I suspected, coloring this guy doesn't make the view from the side any better. The gap between the windshield and the hood is just too big. Everything else about this sculpt is phenomenal... but that gap is just unforgivable.

4. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hope they do chrome bits and not grey cartoon style bits like the recent XTB (?) re issue

5. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought I'd like the chrome but, here anyway I think the white weapons look nicer.

6. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

Had my BC one off the shelf this morning, I still love the face sculpt on him, but he's definitely shelf warming for this now. I can't overlook his legs, they are terrible.

Side chest profile is no different to the FT one so that's no downgrade at least.

7. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They all look OK to me, FT v2 excluded. Often when you see a pic on the web it has aftermarket big tyres and lifted suspension. In the pic below, the brochure pic has bigger tyres fitted as it says in the caption, the pic on the right is a stock early 4WD.

Toyota-Hilux-Pickup-Truck-Vintage-1600x884.jpg

So top of the front tyre about level with the top of the bumper, a little lower, and a couple of fists of space between the tyre and wheel arch. That's exactly where we are with the MPs give or take a tiny bit. I'd say XTB and FT v1 are closer to stock while MMC and BC closer to wearing mild aftermarket bigger offroading tyres with a slight lift.

All easily pass for the 4WD. The 2WD had tiny wheels and sat significantly lower. Had a completely different front suspension more like a car.

673px-1981_Toyota_HiLux_(RN40R)_2-door_utility_(2015-07-14)_01.jpg

Another giveaway is the 2WD had flatter barely flared at all wheel arches.

FT v2 I would say has the same relationship between its wheels and body as v1. What's different is the wheelarch is far too low and flared out far too far, which gives the impression the suspension is lower and the wheels narrower. Just bad.

They came with short or long bed lengths, so not sure without attempting some measurements if any of them, or protos, were inaccurate, maybe just choosing the long bed version. I'd agree though, if you want to invoke G1 Trailbreaker's shorter taller proportions, the short bed might be the best choice.

The reason I rated BC slightly lower than XTB and MMC was I find it a bit too soft and chunky in some details, like the fat windscreen wipers and the exaggerated guttering round the doors. I also least prefer their take on the camper box - that angled up roof reminds me more of a hearse conversion (might just be me lol) while XTB and MMC's look more like the actual camper conversions that existed. BC's of course looks more like G1 Trailbreaker's though, which is a plus for many I'm sure. They are all good though. I think XTB observes the real truck best, and no surprise as they consistently do alt modes accurately, e.g. their Motormaster easily the most accurate of the bunch, and all the cars good too, etc.

Damn if FT Trailbreaker really ends up looking like a generic kids toy pickup, I'm gonna have to hunt down an XTB Aegis or cling onto hope for TT.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  8. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    C'mon! Everyone knows that the only way to display figures is with them facing the wall so you can appreciate the backpacks! No one looks at the sides or fronts. ;) 

9. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Oh, yes, I agree, they all do look OK. Funny thing is, that 2WD one right there, minus the wheel arches, is what I see when I look at Aegis and Outrider V1. Maybe it's an optical illusion because of the longer truck bed, or the extra junk underneath, but they both look like regular 2WD, small tired street pickups. (I should also mention that I own Toon Aegis and absolutely love it)

That said, both are still, hands down, a better Hilux than this V2. And that's whats most disappointing. I really love that FT is following TT and XTB with this more toon accurate direction. But like those 2, they still need to keep the authentic real world vehicle modes.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well you see what you see, fair enough! I see big knobbly offroad tyres on all of them but I'll give you XTB and FT sit slightly lower on their suspension than would be 100% accurate. Top of tyre level or even slightly above top of bumper when ought to be a hair below, so a little jackup would help.

I'm hearing there are two versions of XTB - do you know what's what?

Totally with you on the last paragraph. The day MP is re-rebooted to aim for animation model in both modes I think I'll retire! :)  Please dont try to kick that off with Trailbreaker, FT. Fix him please.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bradam

bradam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    heh whats with the massive tow mirrors on that teeny truck on the right side photo? Did toyota really expect someone to tow a 5th wheel or something?

12. Leonwave

Leonwave Well-Known Member

i hope they give us both chrome and white, always like more options

• Like Like x 1
  13. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

Actually when I wrote what I wrote I honestly expected someone to reply in defense that they don't display their figures facing sideways. It's funny though, it seems FT was so self aware of making sure Outrider looked good from the back that they neglected to make sure he also looked good from the side. :D 

14. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Crap, there goes my XTB Trailbreaker ....

• Like Like x 2
  15. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You see that @ibot / XTB? That's what toon version colors on Trailbreaker are supposed to look like.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Colors look great!

@dalianjj Fix that truck mode back to a proper Hilux, and I'll be buying a third MP Trailbreaker. Otherwise, I'm sticking with XTB's.

I actually don't mind the chest gap at all.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    Wonderful work yourself! Excellent chrome aesthetic - And thanks for the nod!!!
    -A.S.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  18. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    My god you’re right! How clever!

-A.S.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

post quoted from 2016, and still we wait...

20. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to mention that he hasn't posted anything or been seen in over 2 months. I wonder if everything is alright.