Fans Toys FT-25 Outrider (Masterpiece Trailbreaker)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by 0ursisthefury, Aug 29, 2016.

1. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Vectron Labs-Only Collector

News Credits:
    I think it's cool that the wheels are completely invisible in robot mode!

• Like Like x 6
  2. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You must be fun at parties! LOL... Way to suck all of the magic out of my favorite childhood cartoon! :D 

Awww... poor Badcube. Where for art thou Badcube??

Speedbump was a fun figure for a minute, but when XTB dropped Aegis I was definitely off to evilbay to sell ol' Bumper with the quickness.

• Like Like x 1
  3. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    Nope. Generally normal people who attend social gatherings hate and loathe me, so I lurk on the internet along with other losers who can't socialize with society. ;) 

• Like Like x 5
  4. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

See, this is why I don't go for some of the other options, @kibble . Badcube's figure, aesthetically, doesn't hold a candle to what FTs is currently showing. In my opinion its a much less refined, more raw figure in terms of proportions, lines, design choices, the way it hides kibble (no pun intended), etc. The legs are especially egregious, but just about everything on the figure has a less finished aesthetic than what I generally prefer. I'm sure some people like it for those reasons, but for me it wouldn't sit right on my shelf.

5. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

Just saw the updated version! This looks so much better. Love the improved proportions. Maybe good enough to replace my MMC... Mainly because I know it will be way less floppy.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That explains why Tracks is not a 1985 Corvette.

7. Bugste81

Bugste81 Ste

I really like the new FT Trailbreaker... However replacing characters that are alright already is getting expensive. I very nearly bought FT Hunk but the price increase pushed me off the fence into the no camp. Similar with Warpath I feel the Badcube version is fine. I've already replaced Ft Seaspray with X-Transbots and have Pre-ordered FT 2.0. MMC has been upgraded once already and will be replaced with TE's. As for Trailbreaker??? It feels like diminishing returns when replacing rather than getting getting a new character.
    upload_2020-7-16_17-40-33.png

• Like Like x 3
  8. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

I know a lot of people feel differently and all, but when I look at my shelves, a good amount of the figures I have are the older / middle of the road design, and now in MP we're in the "full toon" thing. It's harder for me to take a figure out of the mix and replace it with a full on toon look and go "That's what was needed and it fits in perfect". I know that's a personal preference thing and all but unless I'm going to replace EVERYTHING as the newer takes on characters come out, the middle of road stuff still holds it charm for me and makes me go "He's still good....I'm ok"

That said, if I didn't have a Trailbreaker, this would be a strong contender.

• Like Like x 6
  9. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Or do like me and only get what you really really want, and not try to complete. Also, sell what you dont like very much after time has passed, or right away. You could always have a shelf for Toon look for bots you love and think would look good together, and another shelf for the realistic or toy or other that go well together.

to me, it is more important to have toys that i love and depending on my shelves, that go well together, than to just get all the characters. Heck, i'd prefer only have 10 to 15 MP i really love into two shelves, then 50 that i am not in love with each and every one of them. Also, as time goes, maybe i sell some of the older ones (especially FT if they go up in price), to finance a newer version i really love.

Right this time, i am favoring FT Stunticons and Cyclonus and Minibots over everything else...

• Like Like x 5
  10. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Vectron Labs-Only Collector

News Credits:
    Not to mention, this character has had a lot of competition: MMC, Badcube, XTB (twice). Reminds me of Inferno where Maketoys, MMC, and XTB (unreleased) went up against the official.

It's great that there are options, but I have to wonder about FT's choice with going forward with this character. Then again, they're still operating at a reduced capacity (I surmise), so maybe now is the perfect time to release this as a pet project. After all, their motto is "Make toys we want".

11. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

I completely get what you're saying. The thing is, I DO like the ones I have. But you also can't help look and go "These are the older style and these are the newer toon style". I'm good with my old ones and always have been. You know like MP Wheeljack or the Datsuns. The Seekers and other 3rd party stuff that was that era. I like the toon/toy/real world look. It's just harder to buy a full toon and replace an older one and go "That's a perfect fit" for me anyhow.

Still some I have that are missing any representation I have no problem getting a full toon figure. Just saying when you like the ones you've got, it's hard to swap out even though you can look and go "yup, it's more like the toon character (which is a good thing too!)".

12. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I'm kinda with you on this.

For me personally, it comes down to this: I will always replace my 3P item with something TT eventually does. I don't know about Brawn, but I have to believe Trailbreaker is coming soon from TT. And if they can do Mirage, TT will want to get him out there soon eventually too.

So my MMC Mirage and Badcube Brawn is good enough until then. I keep debating on picking up a 3P Trailbreaker, but they aren't perfect, and I think within the next 2 years we see one revealed by TT.

• Like Like x 2
  13. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

I still have the original MP-03.... doesnt go well with anything, but... ;) 

Havent invested in MP-11 or MT or TW yet... and probably never will.

• Like Like x 1
  14. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    Alls I know is Aegis is for sale

• Like Like x 2
  15. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Do whatever works best for you. I have previous versions as well (I don't have Badcube Trailbreaker, just XTB v1 Aegis/Trailbreaker) but there's no chance I'm missing out on the FT versions of all those characters.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

Hello friend.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Knight Prime

Knight Prime QC 33

20200716_204734.jpg

18. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Boob cannons. There’s so many TB’s on the market, FT had to go back to the drawing board and bring us something hot and fresh!

• Like Like x 3
  19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Yeah I never bothered with the Badcube version. XTB and FT looks so much better IMO.

20. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5