Fans Toys FT-25 Outrider (Masterpiece Trailbreaker)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by 0ursisthefury, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

Will be watching intently as the updates on this comes, painfully slowly.

If nothing else, FT entering the Trailbreaker and Hoist wars pushes Badcube out into the cold for me. I WAS going to get Hoist from BC, but it appears that FT and MMC will take up both spots for these mold-sharing figures. Should TT show their TB card, then I will actually have to pick between FT and MMC. Paint is HUGE for me, so that could be the deciding factor in that case.

2. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Is it not a big backpack on the back? I'm thinking you can see the edges of the cap surrounding the back of the bot and protruding forward in this image, down near the hood of the car close to his waist (admittedly it's from the front, so who really knows). It's possible that the truck cap kind of engulfs the back of bot.

[​IMG]

3. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The MMC one looks the best but they all look good to be honest. Thanks for putting this together.

4. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    I'm surprised everyone feels compelled to have picked their favorite already.

I'll happily wait for reviewers and early adopters to report on them once they're in hand.

5. Jazz303

Jazz303 @cybertronwarriors on Instagram

Well, at least we have choices. Complete understatement of the week.

If BC's isn't good, then we have MMC's, and if MMC's isn't good, we have FT's, and if FT's isn't good, we'll most likely get TT's.

If I had to choose, I say BC is on the up swing in their overall care and design refinement, and the best Trailbreaker sculpt in this battle so far. But I'll wait for the reviews.

6. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    Of course, FT gets Trailbreaker's height correct vs. MMC & BadCube. Still gonna keep my BC pre-order, since I like the accessories it comes with.

7. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looks fantastic. Definitely the best out of the 3 planned IMO.

8. Artereis

Artereis Well-Known Member

Between their Mirage and Inferno, I think MMC has had more interesting and entertaining transformations than anything FT has put out that isn't a dinobot. FT's figures feel fantastic in hand, but some of their recent figures have had either harrowing or just unfun transformations.

9. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    Looks amazing, especially in that earlier post showing the toy vs toon. Excellent work FT!

10. ComputronX

ComputronX Till all are MP

Ebay:
    FT is acting very strange. They are jumping forth and back between all seasons and they are showing us figures other companies already released or are close to. I mean, there are still a few charakters left which haven't been made, why don't you show us something new FT? How about something completly new like the deluxe Insecticons, Roadbuster and Whirl - I'm sure, there will be no competition for a looong time...
    Besides that Trailbreaker isn't bad, but I don't think I will get it. MMC and BC are already ordered and payed...and this one doesn't look superior compared to the others...

11. d4n4

d4n4 Active Member

Dear Fanstoys,

If you want my money, give me jazz.
    I really need that guy.

Thank you.

12. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Hinges on side panels seem very prominent?

13. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It takes time to make a figure. Chances are most companies don't know what others are planning until close to announcement. They can't afford to scrap their projects every time someone else reveals they have the same character planned. In fact, rushing the announcement hoping people will wait for their version is their only choice.

14. DinoSnarl

DinoSnarl Banned

News Credits:
    I just noticed Chimungmung has the ETA for this as May 2017. That is a LONG way behind the competition.

Why not reveal a Jazz or Cliffjumper? Surely creating some excitement amongst the fans would be a way to generate pre-order sales rather than revealing a mediocre-looking attempt at a character that 3 other companies have already announced...

15. Hellscream12345

Hellscream12345 One shall fall, you Prime!

That apply to most companies but not fanstoys, they only starts renders after seeing others projects in hopes to get a chunk of profit while putting everyone in stall. That reminds me of what X-transbot did but even they stop doing that anymore and I respect them for it,
    not Fans Toys however, all they know are keep selling drawing that never see the light, and they are far from delivery.

When they start shipping Hotrod and Skyfire, then we can talk. Other wise they can keep making more Dinobots repaints. Oh hey GigaPower is making a Slag, let's start a new brand and sabotage their sales, how about we call it Perfect Fusion, what about the people who brought Scoria? Screw them, let's make more Headmaster and Triple changer and people can invest into our 5 years investment plans. You will buy it because it has die-cast and your little 7" toy can also be a dumbell, a paperweight or a door stopper.

16. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks OK but I'll stick with BC. Looks the part, has more character, and the articulation looks amazing. Oh, and accessories and BC QC are top notch.

Ah, and! BC facesculpt is perfect. PERFECT.

Still, this ain't bad.

17. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A company wanting more share..Wow what a shock!

18. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Dear Fanstoys,

If you want my money, give me a GOOD Ironhide
    I really need that guy.

Thank you.

19. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

this.

20. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

The bot mode is looking good, including the face sculpt (nice to see FT doing good one's at a first attempt) but i don't care for the canopy on the back of the alt mode.
    Its accurate to the marvel comics but I just find it ugly.

Will wait and see what the final product is like, still got a BC on order for now.