Fans Toys FT-25 Outrider (Masterpiece Trailbreaker)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by 0ursisthefury, Aug 29, 2016.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would rather have seen Takara do MP Mirage or MP Sideswipe/Red Alert/Tracks 2.0 than Bumblebee 2.0.

So far the closest thing in the pipeline from FT are carcons in the form of FT Stunticons.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  2. TCJJ

TCJJ 121% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I could see Kobayashi being one. I think Hasui's too chilled for that.
    I reckon Hasui is the relaxed guy you could get a drink with whenever, and Kobayashi is the guy who works overtime just to make himself look good without really accomplishing anything in that time.
    I have, and I doubt it. They do what they want. You can PM them to get a reason. The reason will probably baffle you but you can do that. If they reply.
    I'm just scared that Outrider will turn out like Hoodlum. At least the renders look more solid but you never know. Heck, we've had three Trailbreakers and Hoists so far, all of which have had issues, and the X-Transbots ones tend to come out on top overall. I know XTB has got way better recently but that doesn't really bode well for... well, Trailbreaker, FansToys, TakaraTomy... etc. I really didn't think Trailbreaker and Hoist would be that hard to get right...
    If MMC would put out Sphinx with the fixes and parachute in the original colour and not the awful "we got rid of all the silver paint and made it an unrealistic grey to match the cartoon" colour scheme, I'd just get that, but yeah, I'm baffled as to why they haven't done Mirage yet. Surely he can't be that hard to license. And Tracks... ho boy, if anyone needs a redo, it's Tracks. And Starscream. But Starscream is basically guaranteed to happen. Tracks, not so much. Hell, I bet you Starscream will be next after Hound since he's the next biggest character alongside Optimus, Bumblebee and Megatron. And he'll only cost $500!
    And I think their Motormaster is meant to be the next release, right? Or maybe Silverbolt. I don't remember. I'm curious to see how they turn out, at least. Hopefully not like Hoodlum.

3. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know what the next FT release will be, but I vote for Skullcruncher. He looks ready, just colour him up and ship it out. No test shots needed, no huge announcements, let's finish off the Decepticon headmasters.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

I bet we see jabber, then skull crunch, then roadkind

• Like Like x 2
  5. King Nergil

King Nergil Ruler of a lost kingdom

Don't forget the Phoenix LE.

6. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That didn't work for me, but I got a reply emailing here: [email protected]

• Like Like x 2
  7. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Supposedly the next FT release is FT-10X (FT Phoenix X). After that it is rumored to be either Jabber, or possibly Silverbolt or Motormaster. I wouldn't count Chomp (Skullcruncher) in the mix until we see test shots.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, you know FT - their release schedule sometimes don't go as planned. Took Hoodlum this long to release whereas Mindwipe kinda came out of nowhere. Eh, I'm not too fussy on what the next release will be...anytime FT releases a figure it's a joyous moment. And knowing FT, they'll probably do another reveal of a new figure before a release :p .

• Like Like x 4
  9. TCJJ

TCJJ 121% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ah, that's the email I was trying to remember. Thanks for sharing.
    Oh, and here I thought it was already out. He looks nice but I'm happier to have the original version of Phoenix. Less paint-chipping to worry about. Plus I hate red chrome.

Forgot about Jabber. Hopefully he doesn't suck ass. Chomp will likely turn out good since their other two Headmasters seem to have. I just hope they get the colours right this time.

Wow, so there's no way Outrider is coming out this year then. Between the aforementioned, their Aerialbots and their Stunticons, FansToys has a packed year (and I doubt they'll get either combiner team finished this year either). And we're still waiting on that Blitzwing...

10. edgecrusher

edgecrusher When yer featherin' it, brother TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Lupus had terrible articulation (shoulders, neck, ankles) and overly plain in some parts to the extent it looked out of place. But knowing some like uber-toon overly plain designs, so let's focus on the articulation: Even just the articulation was a major downer. They could have done him much better. Dracula did turn out good. Hopefully Chomp is more like the latter.

11. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

skullcruncher is such a easy figure my gut says he comes out real fast

• Like Like x 2
  12. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Lupus' articulation wasn't bad from my experience. It can still pull off basic MP scale action poses. Besides it's not like I pose it doing the Van Damme split or ballerina stances.

13. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    Thanks. I shot them an email. Hopefully, they will let me order a replacement set of sideviews .

They were nice enough to include a second set with Terraegis. However, I would prefer to have a backup set, just in case I am a moron again.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CigarJackal

Instagram:
    My problem with him is in Wolf mode. He needs some ratchets or tighter joints in the legs to help support his own weight so that he can be more poseable.

15. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    They responded to me on Facebook messenger in like an hour when I asked them when the new Sphinx will be released

16. CigarJackal

Instagram:
    They responded within the hour to the customer service email ([email protected]).

$10 for a set of sideviews. It is a bit steep, but I guess that most of it is shipping costs.

17. Knight Prime

Knight Prime QC 33

Anybody else get a Pre order notification from @Chosen Prime stating this is being received in a few days? I thought this was still being redesigned?

18. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I asked about Blitzwing rather than this (I don't have this on preorder), but I expect it is the same. TCP launched their new site this morning and an issue during the transition caused e-mails to go out about a lot of preorders regardless of their actual release timelines

• Like Like x 3
  19. neko

neko Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I got the same availability notification email. So I'm guessing its coming in this week?

20. Abbie

Abbie Member

Facebook:
    it was a glitch from chosen prime

• Like Like x 1