Fans Toys FT-24 Rouge (Masterpiece Arcee)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Initial_G, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um, because that's what the vast majority of MP collectors want? How much they want stuff to be like the toon varies, but by far the majority of MP collectors (esp FT collectors) want it to be... a lot like the toon?
    There was no original G1 Toy for Arcee so there are no other sources of influence for the G1 version of her character. The only other possible source of design influence is maybe the Marvel comics, and when they draw panels like this.... well I know I don't want that influence in my MP Arcee.
    upload_2017-4-29_23-27-12.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  2. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont know why are people complaining about the proportions?She doesnt have that ridiculously big waist like all the others do..She is perfectly slim

• Like Like x 1
  3. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Other than the ridiculously small feet, I like it.

4. TylerB

TylerB We all know they're supposed to be chrome.

Looks great @dalianjj, but when are we gonna see renders for your Cyclonus and Scourge?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

With 4 faces being promised, I would imagine one of them's going to be visored instead of the helmet featuring a visor gimmick.

My only 'concern' for lack of a better term is that the pelvis design will hinder the thigh/hip joint articulation. However, seeing as this is in VERY early stages, I'm not especially worried.

6. Enfin

Enfin Destron

That looks really good. Her helmet is big, but the head overal I still like the way it looks, toon accurate or not.

7. Dangard Ace

Dangard Ace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking at the prototype again I see another thing bothering me, besides the head brow and the slight underboobs, she's got a v-shape to her figure. IMO that works for some of the male bots but Arcee should have a slight hourglass shape to her. Not the birthing hips that upscaled Generations has(but at least it's looks more the part) but a less extreme exaggeration of that part.

Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 9.37.24 AM.png

• Like Like x 2
  8. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Not if it ruins the headsculpt to fit, like it does on most HotRod figures. I'd rather have the face fit in the helmet properly, than have a big gap and set-back face 24/7 to accommodate a 1-second scene gimmick.

• Like Like x 4
  9. cirrusstratus1

cirrusstratus1 Banned

She looks very good so far. No complaints here.

• Like Like x 1
  10. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks good to me. My OS KO will hold me over until this arrives sometime in the distant future.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Give us a face with the goggles then. I would have it on permanently

• Like Like x 2
  12. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

This looks really good but it definitely needs to lose the obvious under-boobs and ab sculpts. It's not cartoon accurate, not classy, and just doesn't belong in a Masterpiece Transformers collection in my opinion.

The other thing I'd point out besides having a good face sculpt, is that the thighs could be more curved and less "cylinder-like".

• Like Like x 5
  13. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

That's interesting. I guess the only thing really bothering me was the larger torso, so this is good news. To me Arcee was always slim and not overly curvey... Basically the way anime artists draw younger women.

Of course I'm sure none of us would mind seeing the more updated render. ;) 

14. wrx20l

wrx20l Well-Known Member

I'm getting closer and closer to giving up the TT line and going solely with FT. Looking forward to all of their movie cast figures. Nice to have an Arcee design that isn't embarrassing to look at!

• Like Like x 3
  15. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

So she'll have four different face sculpts. I wonder what future figure they'll come with.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Hey, the male Bots have been waiting for Arcee to start the fembot movement. Keep the other characters out of this thread! :p 

17. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Amen to that, I can only imagine how awesome a Cyclonus which looks as good as Sovereign and as well built and fun to handle like Grinder would be.....a man can dream!?

• Like Like x 2
  18. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    I'd be fine with that, I wish all the various HotRods did that instead. But FT's own HotRod does like MP-9 does, and the face sculpt suffers heavily for it. That's why I don't want FT doing the same to this figure.

• Like Like x 1
  19. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    Agree---"square off" the waist/abs, and "fill out" the thighs a bit to match the Movie. Basically, transfer some of the torso curves to the thighs...

• Like Like x 2
  20. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very nice! Looks amazing!

I don't mind the chest. The curves are subtle enough that it doesn't look too pervy to me: I wouldn't be embarrassed to have guests see her on my shelf or worry that my wife might raise an eyebrow at it. And it works to enhance the look of the figure without destroying her ability to evoke the image of the classic character.

Double jointed elbows and knees are great! Hands look awesome. Complete lack of visible kibble from the front is a major feat with Arcee; can't wait to see the back. Were they really able to get her to transform that well with no kibble or partsforming? Where does the whole front half of the car go?

Now the nit-picks. I don't have much and none are deal breakers. I agree the face sculpt looks like it could use some work though we have to remember this is an early render and a small blurry image of that render. I don't care for the waist and hips. Too boring and round. I'd prefer a closer to the cartoon look though I wouldn't go fully boxy either. I would like something in between: boxy edges with subtle curves in between, like how her chest is (or like I did on my custom Arcee ;) ). Legs are a little slim but I don't know that they necessarily need to change.

Overall freakin' amazing and I can't wait! Eager to see more: alternate chest, alternate faces, shots from behind, posability - gimme gimme gimme!

• Like Like x 2