Fans Toys FT-21 Berserk (Masterpiece Blitzwing)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

My understanding is there is like a massive migration basically of people leaving the factories and going back home all throughout the country to their small villages to celebrate cny. Jobs in the factory are seasonal and a lot of people get home and decide to stay home or go somewhere else after cny is over. Some get a better job, some come back to the same place they worked the year before

• Like Like x 5
  2. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

Meaning - pay them more to keep them...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Illmatic

Illmatic Well-Known Member

You are correct sir!

4. Miradus

Miradus Well-Known Member

Keep in mind this year, was a CNY during the COVID pandemic so it was much worse than previous years. Post CNY releases are not always necessarily the worst. Although true about the workers part, there are generally longer delays in production post CNY to account for new people.

This is correct, and is incredibly common. It was significantly more common this year due to COVID causing delays in all industries.

5. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The "first figure after CNY" cliche has existed for several years, long before 2020, as has the discussion around factory work force reformulation post-CNY.

6. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

Hmmm... Well they are a bit greedy then hehehe.

7. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Post CNY releases have always been more problematic. You are welcome to look at various threads for different products for different companies, and you will be able to discern a pattern.

It's not rocket science. Even if there's no change in personnel, you need time to get up to speed again after a month off. People are still in holiday mood, so QC will not be as stringent, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  8. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

Keeping the costs down, so "Collectors" would buy the product...

• Like Like x 3
  9. BIOMEC

That makes sense too!

10. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

Quick question, as I've not really been following this much. I pre-ordered based on the redesigned version for two reasons... the realistic jet mode and the rocket boosters in his calves in 'bot mode.

Given FT's move towards toy/'toon accuracy since, is the plane mode staying the way it is, or has there been any rumours of a further redesign to give us the flying doorstop?

Really wondering given how different, aesthetically, he'll be from Thomas now, if the second design remains.

11. Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Castlevaniac

I think of him more as a "flying purple nacho chip / dorito" myself.

No idea, though. I would hope they'd keep the realistic details in both vehicle modes without disrupting the flow of the overall sculpt.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster No relation to the Autobot, ironically. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I honestly believe that from the last we've seen, if there was any change, it'd most likely be in Blitzwing's case, a decrease in the amount of panel lining.

Though I expect no real change, as I believe Dalianjj would have announced a further redesign, and we did see one after he mentioned an original redesign for Blitzwing in '18, following a year later.

13. Illmatic

Illmatic Well-Known Member

So what is the possible release date for this guy? I had him PO'd at Captured Prey (RIP) along with not-Trailbreaker a long while ago. These two figures have been a letdown as far as not seeing any consistent progress.

14. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    I expect possibly the earliest sometime next year. Though I leave that up to if we see something with Blitzwing at TFcon or not.

15. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

So the preorder is still up for him at TFSource and Chosen Prime right, did it go up anywhere else or is everyone else waiting to put put he preorders?

I assume he’ll be coming next year sometime

16. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I am still in on FT Berserk but like you the main draw for me was the variable rear plane mode (flying nacho and real jet) to give a realistic jet. Look at the first page of the thread and the redesign pictures are there. From looking at the redesign to put the tank tracks in the legs to redistribute the weight, the variable rear plane was also affected and a semi nacho. It may have been difficult to pull off and fill out the back. As to details, I think the tank will look realistic and the plane will be have as many of the details that they can. Thomas I think gets the realistic train details and shuttle is compromised and goes 50/50 toon/realistic to hide the train kibble. I think that was the right decision.

We do know Berserk got to some level of working prototype before they abandoned the design. You have to look at Apache and realize some of the problems of it in car mode hit the jet mode in Blitzwing. You get bot but Apache gave you helicopter and Blitzwing has to give you tank. Gewalt gives a very flat looking jet that does have a back end but the tank is a joke.

17. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    State-side I think it's just them. I personally went with TCP.

Seriously is anyone gonna give them that $220 at this point in time?

18. franpincho

franpincho Hater = Fan

All the $144.99 preorders are going to be cancelled, correct? Is there any place that has opened PO's for this? I mean for the current prices FT is now soliciting?

19. BIOMEC

TFsource still have preorders for him. But about Thomas' price.

20. franpincho

franpincho Hater = Fan

Well, TCP has PO's for it and it clearly states that pricing is not final which is fine and expected. My question is, if I PO from them now, will it get cancelled once the real price is announced/solicited from FT or will the order simply be updated (ideal) ?

I just want to secure a copy now and avoid the circus once "the real" PO opens...

@Chosen Prime