Fans Toys FT-21 Berserk (Masterpiece Blitzwing)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

I’m thinking probably!

• Like Like x 1
  2. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    sorry if I missed the date...anyone knows when is he coming out?

3. Khyron

Khyron Well-Known Member

Its currently being redesign so nobody knows when except FT.

4. Teletran-1

Yeah I’d say quite a while away, like over a year at least

5. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    if dikta had been a different colour i would have been all over that figure

6. franpincho

franpincho Hater = Fan

If Ditka had been a different figure, I would have been all over that figure :lol 

• Like Like x 7
  7. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

You honestly get used to the color of Ditka pretty quick. It's darker than he should be but after about a week, I never even look at it funny thinking "Well that's off". It's a nice desert sand color so it works.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

So if we pay the full preorder price at Showzstore, does that lock it in, or can it still be raised?

9. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I ordered and received Ditka from Baba's Ebay store around this time 2 years ago. I got it mainly because:

-I wasn't feeling the DX9 version.
    -No FT version was available.
    -2 turret hatches that can be open and closed.
    -It was part of the 2nd batch with corrected knees already installed at the factory.
    -Baba had it on sale for $100 shipped so I couldn't pass it up.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  10. franpincho

franpincho Hater = Fan

If this thing ends up being $200+, there is no way they won't raise it.

11. Teletran-1

It's so far away it's probably not even worth them worrying about. Maybe the postal service will be back to normal, maybe we'll be living in Mad Max world where gasoline is currency, we'll worry about it in a couple years.

• Like Like x 4
  12. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No, which is odd considering what Thomas is listed for and selling out at. Straight from ToyDojo and I've seen this consistently across other US Sellers:

upload_2020-4-24_18-23-59.png

Baba has December but I would take that with a grain of salt. Its been re-design phase for a while now so I don't see December as too far fetched but we haven't seen much updates lately.

13. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I have and love Ditka but always wanted Berserk. They could have put out an inferior product and refused to do that. Even if they lose the variable wing design this was absolutely the right thing to do. Definite buy for me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ditka let me down. I love how he looks in all modes, and his transformation is pretty good too! But mine refused to stand upright even after the knee fix and the high-heel thing. He always leaned back and ready to fall over just by looking at him the wrong way. However! If KFC reissues Ditka that firmly corrects all of that, removes the die cast that makes him top heavy and adds weight to his lower body to lower the center of gravity (and gives him better fingers), I'd be all over it! I'd even buy two or three.

I WISH I had gone with DX9 Gewalt. After the hell I went thru with KFC Ditka. Now Gewalt is gone in terms of US based online retailers. :(  So Berserker is my last hope.

I doubt it will be the same price as their Thomas...

I think at this point, Fans Toys & retailers will honor the $144.99 price. It's been listed for years now at that price and I have a feeling that (either or both) the retailers and FT know if they raise the price it would infuriate people in terms of Berserker.

I think $200 is a fair price for Thomas. I'd love to pay less, sure! But I am okay with $200. Grinder was $200, and Dracula was $150. Sovereign was around $160-170 in US retailers. FT Thomas is a triple changer about the same height as Sovereign. It also will have far more moving parts and required a lot of R&D for them. It also appears he will come with a railroad track that's a chunky piece. It may also partly recoup some of the expenses incurred with redesigning Berserker. Thomas is perhaps their most complex (in terms of engineering) release yet. Another possibility is the price could be a place-holder? It may be $180-190 instead?

Lastly, anyone who is complaining about the price for FT Thomas and had no issues paying $450 for MP-44; shut up. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  15. franpincho

franpincho Hater = Fan

I’m a TT fan as well and to this day, I don’t personally know of ANYONE that has paid $450 for MP-44.

But berserk.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Well-Known Member

Always nice to see love for Gewalt. Such a criminally underrated figure, and still one of my favorites in my collection. While I'm definitely on board (lol etc) for FT's Astrotrain, I'll wait and see for their version of Blitzwing. Gewalt is such a a friggin' unit he'll be hard to top.

• Like Like x 2
  17. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I still love Gewalt, too. I'm looking forward to FT's as well, though. Gewalt has a lot of personality even for such an aged design and he's got a great shelf presence.

If people can still order it right now for $145, if they raise the price when it ships or arrives into stock, it won't matter except as a late tax for people who don't order it now.

• Like Like x 5
  18. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

As someone who prefers cartoon accuracy as much as possible, I love the look of Gewalt. The beefier look just works for Blitzwing. The pauldrons and knee/elbow joints were what kept me from getting him though. If those were better, it would have been an insta buy without a doubt.

• Like Like x 6
  19. whitewolfe313

whitewolfe313 Well-Known Member

I had pre-ordered this several years ago and then finally canceled it when I thought it was never coming out. I just re-ordered this again from the chosen prime because in the past they’ve honored their posted price when your pre-ordering. Not sure if it will happen in this case if the retail value is $200 but it’s worth a try!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mattw38

Mattw38 Well-Known Member

I think he was the perfect color

for me, the color is not the issue. It's the tank treads while in jet mode. In the G1 figure, they were small and tolerable, but for an MP-scale figure...that and the cannon in jet mode is another issue.

will have to wait and see just how much FT Berserk is.