Fans Toys FT-21 Berserk (Masterpiece Blitzwing)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 24, 2016.

1. RoDu

RoDu Well-Known Member

he's charging $60 usd to ship to Canada. Other items listed are either free or pocket change for shipping. Either way kinda fishy for this to show up

2. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol $60 to France but $160 to Spain, that's plain absurd.

3. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Call me skeptical when I see "2nd Quarter 2019". Doesn't FT already have a couple of figures coming like Blurr and some combiner limb?

To add, we haven't had a follow up that this was back on the table yet so if I had to guess, this is 3rd or MAYBE 4th but it would be great to hear directly from the horses mouth.................

4. CowboyFromHell

CowboyFromHell Use my third party

what_year_is_it.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The core member of a combiner is incredibly important to get right in all modes, especially combined mode, which is probably why most combiner sets start with the limbs and work their way toward the core after they have prototype limbs available to test things like joint tolerances, weight balance, and stability. Seeing FT do the opposite of what everyone(?) else has done with combiners may speak to a few possibilities:
    1. They're naive or overconfident, and think they can start with the core bot and work their way out to the limbs
    2. They're incredibly astute and know they can successfully start with the core bot and work their way out to the limbs
    3. They're actually starting with the limbs like everyone(?) else does but wanted to promote the core bots because they're eye-catchers and (see #4)
    4. They're starting with the biggest figures to draw attention and hope to steal sales from their competitors like DX9 and Zeta that are ahead of them in release timing for the same character representations
    5. They will delay these figures despite initially claiming Q1'19 release timing, to ensure they get them right. Other FT figures like Jabber and Skullcruncher will come out first, and long withheld figures like Outrider and Berserk will be joined back into the production roadmap to fill the space created by the combiner delays or other announced figures like Brawl and Warpath will be slotted ahead of the combiners
    6. They will forge ahead and release less-than-good products, continuing the downward trend from 2018
    Only time will tell.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

Ye
    Yeah. I did this with TFS Express. Ordered X-Transbots Cliffjumper and Hubcap. Then cancelled when I saw the back kibble compared to Ocular Max Hellion. Got my money back no problem.

7. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

I remember studying ucc in school. You have to have a specific identified product, if it changes dramatically, it's not the same product so how can they hold you to the sale?

When I preorder, it's based on renders usually. Let's say Trailbreaker looks nothing like the renders we saw, do you really think it matters what the policy is? It's just something I've thought about. I've never canceled any preorders based on subtle changes so it's just something I was wondering. I liked that it had two plane modes, what if the new one doesn't, would it be fair to hold people to the sale if they purchased seeing that off the renders?

8. Mattw38

Mattw38 Well-Known Member

I'm just hoping FT or someone soon releases another Blitzwing..although Ditka isn't too bad (and he does resemble G1 Blitzwing), he is big, bulky..although I am not planning on touching him anytime soon, so he does not fall over.

9. DataLore

DataLore Well-Known Member

Man, I dunno. I have Quietus and I hate the damn thing. Its beautiful. But I hate it since I am AFRAID to transform it. I can't imagine my fear if it was a damn triple changer.

I hope it comes out great. I dont like the current Blitzwing options and I would love to get one that can both stand and look good. But from my limited experience, these FT bots fail hard on playability. Not sure if they are the right company to do triple changers, combiners or stuff like that.

Honestly, while it would have a terrible face and no paint, I would rather OpenPlay come out of retirement and make a Blitzwing. But thats just me.

• Like Like x 3
  10. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They really aren't. At the very least, they haven't demonstrated the kind of engineering chops that would make me buy another triple changer or a friggin' combiner from them, without the community putting it through its paces first.

• Like Like x 3
  11. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

RK's recent newsletter has him slated for february. Then I checked Tony and yeah he's the only reliable source on this one:

Screenshot_20190223-184723.png

:D 

• Like Like x 1
  12. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Thinking I should just buy a MiG-25 kit and paint it purple at this point... (I've SERIOUSLY looked at what model D51 locos are out there, to see if any are cheap enough to justify painting up as Astrotrain)

13. King Nergil

King Nergil Ruler of a lost kingdom

I hate this thread.

• Like Like x 9
  14. RustyScreamer

RustyScreamer Lurkin everyday, rarely postin

This and the FT- Trailbreaker thread.....

• Like Like x 3
  15. PANTSMAN1973

Its funny. As pessimistic as I feel about Berserk ever seeing the light of day, I still find myself checking back whenever I see this thread bump up the order.

Sigh...…………………...

16. Deaths Thread

Deaths Thread The answer is always yes, yes?

Fanstoys. You are forgetting one thing. The fans. Its in your name damn it! Stop dicking us around!

• Like Like x 2
  17. toonbot

toonbot Well-Known Member

Fanstoys is dead - while Zeta busts out a whole combiner in two months. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

• Like Like x 3
  18. PANTSMAN1973

There was a time when I saw a new render of a brand new release from Fanstoys, I would get really excited. Now all I see with every brand new render is Berserk getting further and further away.

19. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait what? This is pure BS. A combiner in two months? Show us some proof.

• Like Like x 1
  20. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Blitzwing would fit in well with my weird FT collection.

Shockwave
    Perceptor
    Hound
    G2 Grimlock
    Arcee
    Blitzwing (eventually)
    Silverbolt (eventually)
    Motormaster (eventually)
    Brawn (list him already!)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019