Fans Toys FT-21 Berserk (Masterpiece Blitzwing)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 24, 2016.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Please keep us posted, kind sir.

• Like Like x 2
  2. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Why would Baba have any special knowledge about it? Not trying to be a smartass, I just don't know why he'd know much more than what's been posted here...

3. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

^Will do......

4. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

So when something is redesigned, we may or may not like it. Should we be entitled to a refund on a preorder that was paid in full?

Thoughts?

5. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I figured I'd just say this since there is the question with Baba, TCP sent out e-mails about a bunch of outstanding preorders, including Berserk. That was just a hang-up with them transitioning to the new site. There was no update about Berserk from that at least.

Honestly reputable retailers should allow a refund as it is for just the delay, regardless of whether you want it later or not. If the retailer has paid FT then they should be entitled to a refund from FT as well, unless there was some other specifically negotiated compensation, so that should not be a reason to not allow the customer a refund.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Which is a great thing given Hoodlum (if they did indeed just release the old design there as-is). KFC already botched Blitzwing so I really want FT steps up to the plate and gives us a home run.

Well, since he's a well known, high volume Ebay seller I'd hope he wouldn't start randomly listing something if he's not sure if or when he can sell.

Absolutely. Although this is one reason I very rarely pre-order, unless it's an official MP (where Amazon Japan has excellent prices and customer service).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mattw38

Mattw38 Well-Known Member

I agree with you, Trey. I think FT is trying to work out all the bugs before releasing their version of Blitzwing. I have Ditka..and he is a great representation of G1 Blitzwing..but those knees! OMG..I had a heck of a time trying to replace those knees..and the damn screws ended up stripping!

8. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

you aren’t entitled in any sort of absolute sense. You would only be entitled for a refund based on your retailers pre-order policy which you agreed to when placing the pre-order.

All products face possible changes throughout development; the retailer is in no way guaranteeing the final product will be what you hope it will be because they have no control over it, whether it’s a design change, color change or the quality just outright sucks. That risk falls on us, the purchaser, when we decide to preorder a toy rather than wait for release/reviews.

Choose your retailer based on their pre-order policy, but you aren’t entitled to any protection they haven’t offered and you agreed to. Your purchase is a contract and is only protected by the terms of the contract you agreed to.

• Like Like x 1
  9. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Has he? BBTS has had pre-orders up for how long? I mean, if he recently listed them, then okay. But since there is no new news or pics of the redesigned proto, I can't imagine this guy is going to material for at least another year.

10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Think of it like this, if you pay for a movie ticket, watch the movie and you don't like it does it mean the movie theater will you a refund? I doubt it.
    If you determine you're not happy with it you can always sell it.
    Maybe you can get a refund if you change your mind before it gets shipped out to you.

11. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Disagree. If you request a refund upon seeing the redesign and before they ship it out, you should totally be entitled to a refund.

Looks like you added that last line as I was typing this... If you wait to get it in hand, then I don't disagree with your analogy. If you see the redesign, though, and aren't happy with it, I think it's only right to be able to cancel the preorder.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Hopefully whenever FT does Apeface, they'll do a much better job than KFC did.

13. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    That was all I was saying. I don't see anything wrong with cancelling a preorder and getting refunded before it ships out to you. Even if it ships out to you you can and should still get a refund if you return it, especially if it is returned MISB.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  14. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

The problem is your assertion that you are entitled to it. You are only entitled to something you and the retailer agreed to as a condition of your preorder. You don’t get to unilaterally change the agreement just because you changed your mind.

If upon placing the preorder you agreed that refunds aren’t permitted how are you then entitled to a refund?

15. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wrong analogy...

People should be able to cancel their paid pre-order. All a customer needs to do is contact the seller. Unless there are stipulations on the pre-order that says it's non-refundable, then the customer should be able to get a refund... Unless, it's through Paypal, and it's been over the grace period that PP offers over.

• Like Like x 1
  16. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

If you agree to buy my KFC Ditka and pay for it and I send you DX9 Gewalt, are you entitled to a refund if you weren't interested in Gewalt? That's potentially what they're doing here. FT showed one product and they scrapped it. If what they come back with from here isn't to your liking, you shouldn't be held to it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

Just wondering
    I think the customers needs should come first
    One question though, what if an item shipped already. It cannot be cancelled then?

18. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

European law give customers the right to return an item bought online, usually within a 7-14 days time frame from the delivery date, and receive a refund. No motivation is needed other than "I changed my mind". As an European citizen, of course I feel that this kind of protection should always be present, for preorders too.

19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Wrong response.

I never said they couldn't cancel a paid preorder. If they've preordered, received the item, take it out of the box, handle it and decide they don't like but it is no longer MISB and there are no defects otherwise then it may be questionable and getting a refund would be a call for the seller to make.

• Like Like x 1
  20. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

How would you cancel and item that's already been shipped. LOL.

If you're asking for a refund, it'll all depend on the customer and seller.

European law doesn't necessarily apply to orders outside of your region. You should check with your retailer/reseller.

Then why would you compare to watching a movie? LOL

The bottom line is, it'll all depend on what the customer and reseller agree upon when the customer deems that it's not the right product for them. US customers who bought it from known US retailers can easily ask for refunds upon return of item(s). Not necessarily with individual sellers or sellers outside of the region.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019