Fans Toys FT-21 Berserk (Masterpiece Blitzwing)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 24, 2016.

1. CowboyFromHell

CowboyFromHell Shake 'N Bake

Fuck Astrotrain for now Blitzwing is over 3 years late can we start with the backlog please.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly even Chigurh did a reasonable job of a steam locomotive, and I always felt his shuttle was the weakest of his three modes, closly followed by bot mode.
    With both Evila and Chigurh, the train was far from being the worst part of either figure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Sorry if this has been posted.
    upload_2018-11-14_18-54-39.png

• Like Like x 3
  4. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I said usually---Evila Star is the only one with a decent loco mode. But it's missing a few critical bits (that even G1 had), and has some very odd bits tacked on (like a very "1980's American Diesel" pilot). Closer than the others, but still misses the mark for "a functional-looking Japanese steamer". It's like a fighter jet without engine intakes or a cockpit...

No. No no no no no no no. Just, no. Chigurh is the worst by far, for loco mode. That's like saying Armada Megatron or half the recent Shockwaves, are reasonable real-world tanks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :drunk Still no news... :drunk 

6. Zula

Zula Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting.
    Just curious, not to derail the topic too much, but what are the 'missing' and 'tacked on' bits on Evila Star's train mode?
    I understand that the train (locomotive) alt is not the same JNR Class D51 (I had to look that up) as the original, but it seems to pass muster to me as a convincing locomotive.
    Is it that this locomotive alt is a diesel instead of a steam engine, or it's more of an amalgamation of different types and/or models?

Back on topic:
    I'm looking forward to some more info being released soon.
    Hopefully, the alt mode designs aren't changed too much, though.
    I'd like a 'Blitzwing; with both tank and jet modes being relatively realistic earth vehicles.

7. BlitzKing

BlitzKing Gold Member

Ebay:
    Hadn't seen that one before. It was so close yet so far.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tryptlock

Tryptlock Well-Known Member

I have definitely never seen that pic before.

9. extracomputer

extracomputer Well-Known Member

I hope that's some of the old one....doesn't look up to par for a fans toys release....at least for robot mode.

10. Dread_Wing

Dread_Wing Decepticon

If that was their design, I can see why it is being reworked. It looks very bland.

11. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I recognize it, it is close up from that blurry photo posted time ago.

And I am glad it has been reworked, because it is awful. I understand it is not easy to make solution with shoulders, but this looks bad. I think KFC make it good.

12. JSix

JSix Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    If this guy is currently being reworked/redesigned by FT, I wonder if they can get the chest shape and legs, in particular, closer to the toon model?

• Like Like x 7
  13. extracomputer

extracomputer Well-Known Member

awesome job on this. Hopefully delanj sees this and notices the hands as well. That would have made a big improvement on quitus as well. Your edits make him look alot better, amazing how such small details can make such a huge improvement.

14. Sportimus

News Credits:
    I think I'm done with buying FT. After a number of disappointments (Apache, Koot, Rouge, Quietus, to name a few), I'm tired of spending $100-160 their releases that have made me feel like I wasted my money. I love their Dinobots and even their Dracula (Mindwipe), but the rest just have very fiddly or over-complex transformations, articulation issues, and/or QC issues that shouldn't even exist from such company. And with Berserk being a triple-changer, I'm worried that the transformation engineering will be yet another frustrating one. The fact that they decided to go back to the drawing board reinforces that worry. I should've pulled the trigger on Ditka a long time ago.

15. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

And their slow schedule.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sportimus

News Credits:
    And I think they've made it worse for themselves with that, too. FT's is already behind with their MP Blitzwing and Traibreaker. Both have been pushed back significantly along with Hoodlum. Their Six Shot seems pretty much ready, but it's also been pushed back for a later release. Compound that with their announcements of releasing the Aerialbots, Stunticons, Skullcruncher, Warpath, Beachcomber, and Brawn, you have an additional 14 MP-style bots in the pipeline. That doesn't include any reissues that they may want to do as well. I want FT to do well. I like them. But I fear that they bit off more than they can chew here. They may have to juggle around which ones they release, which may mean even more delays on some long awaited products.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Blazing Mewtwo

Agreed. I really want their Superion as well, but who is to know when that’ll arrive

18. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well we've seen colour prototypes of both Silverbolt and MotorMaster so I expect to see the torso bots of their first two combiners out in around 6 months (give or take due to CNY in the middle of that) They will most likely stagger the release of the limbs for these amongst their other releases, so it wil take a while, but it's not like these are pie-in-the-sky pipedreams. We've seen they have completed designs for two entire Combiners and at least a sillouhette of Devastator so they'll all be released
    If you want quick and dirty, there's always Zeta. For me, FT's quality, look and accuracy is more than worth waiting for.

In terms of Blitzwing, I have Ditka so I can wait for FT to re-develope theirs. But Ditka become placeholder for me as soon as I tried to stand him on my shelf. FT rarely disappoints me, and as I said, I'm happy to wait.

• Like Like x 2
  19. CowboyFromHell

CowboyFromHell Shake 'N Bake

I cancelled and got this refunded. FansToys lost my loyalty @dalianjj

• Like Like x 2
  20. Blazing Mewtwo

Ok yeah and now........for Devy? I’d wait for FT they’ll kill it with him