Fans Toys FT-19 Apache (Masterpiece Springer)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by C310 Ginrai, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I'm just wishful thinking out loud. ;) 

2. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    If I had to guess it's due to the Bot Mode's movie accurate proportions.

let's face it, if the copter and vehicle modes were as streamlined as the movie's was, the bot mode would also be alot more streamlined which would make him alot less bulky than he was in the movie which would match the animation model. and you know how it is with triple changers, one mode alsways has to have some sacrifices so the other two are perfect.

3. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Well you get alt modes of course but the whole tank with the jet engines on the back is gone because you can't rotate the feet anymore. Those tabs lock them in place. I'd rather he stands than have jets in the back but still, I'd really rather he have both!

• Like Like x 1
  4. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Banned

News Credits:
    Well then the bottom line is that Ditka sucks and Xtb failed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. boomerdave

It's kind of like a cookie that didn't get baked enough. It looks nice and sorta tastes....ok. It definitely needed more time in the oven though.

6. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I checked with TCP yesterday and they are saying this figure isn't coming until Dec. Just thought I'd put that out there for the people who (like I was) are getting prematurely excited for this guy.

7. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    damn

8. Ryanme1973

Ryanme1973 Well-Known Member

I asked Brandon about Apache, and he said 4th quarter. He put December for a worst case scenario. Kup then Omega is what I was told then Springer. October or early November would be my guess

• Like Like x 1
  9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn, so that means March 2018 at the earliest then. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Exousia

Exousia Lost Lighter

News Credits:
    Currently, for the most part, I think XTB's looks the best. Which, you know, seems obvious? Each mode looks closer to the [shapes of] what we saw in The Movie than any of the other offerings. However, it's only a render, and the quality and transformation are both big question marks with XTB.

Beyond XTB, it's a pretty close match between FT and OpenPlay, for me. Both look close/good in all the modes, each with their own imperfections. I think overall FT might look better, but there are a lot of little things that bug me. Like, the height of the rotors and size of the 'window' in chopper mode, the size/shape of the weird intake-like fins on the main body in both alt modes, and now the too-green face and hands (and thighs?) in bot mode. OpenPlay's on the other hand, I feel like the hood part of the chest is... off, the pauldron-things on the shoulders are off, and the face is... meh. One thing that OpenPlay's looks like it might have going for it, though, is a smaller backpack than both FT and XTB's seem to have.

At the end of the day, I'm going to need to see reviews of FT's and OpenPlay's before I decide. And XTB is going to at least need a prototype if they want me to wait for theirs.

• Like Like x 1
  11. whitewolfe313

whitewolfe313 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, if Koot is first when is he coming out?

12. trey carter

trey carter The hash slinging slasher

News Credits:
    I think ft is pushing Apache and koot for a July release? I think we see reviews here soon anyway!

13. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm more concerned about Omega personally, just want to know when that 340 is needed. I'm torn on a Springer, but its looking like a toss-up between Apache and XTB's offerings.

14. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Aren't you making assumptions a little to soon there, bud?

XTB hasn't even released there's yet. They still have plenty of time to work out anything that needs tweaking since we have yet to even see a working Prototype yet from them.

I find it strange how people are always so doom and gloom and quick to attack anything XTB as soon as they reveal something.

at least wait til Reviewers get their mits on the working reviewable protos first before being so damned quick to shoot it down.

This fandom has become quite Savage as of late. :lol 

15. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Sometimes savagery has its use ... XTB took FOREVER to get out Eligos, and yet it still felt rushed ... the most egregious affront being their failure to even get the damn alt mode to properly tab ... like really?! So yeah, some are more forgiving, but for those burned repeatedly (Apollyon, etc), patience can wear thin ...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

I am all in for XTB when it comes to simple figures like Beachcomber, Cosmo and even Seaspray.

I get concerned when a company with this reputation takes on triple changers and combiners (menasor for now).

Admittedly, the XTB springer looks as good if not better than FT's but FT has EARNED my trust and if the aesthetics are close, FT wins.

• Like Like x 2
  17. boomerdave

Yeah I feel that same way. I love how XTB looks but its a render and the quality is anyones guess. If FT can get theirs to market first it'll just be my Springer and call it done, check him off my list. If they both can come out at the same time then it's all about the reviews.

18. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Banned

News Credits:
    I was meaning KFC. Sorry about that. But they are pretty the same company.

• Like Like x 2
  19. barok

barok Well-Known Member

Man, my hopes were shattered coz I thought this was gonna get released soon. Now I'm tempted to get Allen again coz of the super low price tag since I sold him months ago.

edit
    Ehhhh what the heck, I've waited so long for this, Whats a few more months.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  20. Chaoticon

Chaoticon Well-Known Member

Exactly. This whole accuracy to the source is what's ridiculous to me. I'm really enjoying the look of the vehicle modes. I think they look great and do not bother me the least bit that there are some discrepancies from the details of the cartoon design. To me, as long as it has the iconic features to capture the look to make the character recognizable then it's good enough. I could care less about how far the nose sticks out or the exact position of cockpit relative to the buttock. Seriously, life must be hard when you follow details so strictly to a T. This is not nuclear engineering or brain surgery.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017