Fans Toys FT-19 Apache (Masterpiece Springer)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by C310 Ginrai, Jul 14, 2016.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone know which flight stand is being used here?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

Maybe the one that came with Soar? The footplate looks wrong, though.

3. Knight Prime

Knight Prime Well-Known Member

That's Pink Assassin's stand

• Like Like x 2
  4. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Megatron Lover

20180917_220146.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  5. Blazing Mewtwo

Is there a way to hinge the butt flap up? And also, what does the little slot that folds out do? I thought it was gun storage, maybe...... 20180919_212116.jpg 20180919_212044.jpg 20180919_212014.jpg 20180919_211915.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 18
  7. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  8. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

Looking at the old prototype pictures. I wonder what happened to the piece that I assume would flip out on the front to fill in the bumper area. I this it actually looks better with it.

[​IMG]

9. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was removed after feedback...People said it was unnecessary so they removed it

10. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

Figured that was the case. I think it makes the "car" mode look better. Guess I would have been in the minority there.

11. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

You know, I've had my Apache for ~6 months by this point, and I feel the need to comment on something.

I see a lot of comments on threads for other toys, referring to Apache as some kind of disappointment. I see statements like, "FT Rouge, Quietus, and Apache are so hard to transform."

I mean...no?

I hate FT Rouge. I hate everything about it. I hate the super-fragile connection at the waist that holds together 2 halves of a car. I hate that the front wheels are so hard to lower. I hate that Rouge's robot-mode legs don't peg in securely under the car. The thing I hate the most is the shoulder/backpack kibble. It seems physically impossible to transform the shoulder/backpack kibble without literally pushing hard and BENDING some plastic. While transforming the shoulder kibble, several pieces of plastic seem to be competing to occupy the same physical space. It really seems like this transformation works as a 3D model, if the parts could magically go through each other.

I like FT Quietus, but I'm not blindly loyal to it. After weeks of frustration with getting the cockpit to tab in, I took a blade to my expensive toy and managed to get the cockpit to sit flush. I haven't transformed it back into robot mode yet, because it requires too much force to untab the cockpit now, and I'm not sure I'm ready for that kind of risk just yet. Quietus is not a bad figure, but I really think it needed some more research-and-development.

The reason I describe Rouge and Quietus in such detail is that I often see people describe FT Apache in the same way. At least on my copy, the tolerances are perfect. The ratcheting pieces are perfect. I never had to work too hard to push a tab into a slot. I never had to work too hard to untab something. I never felt like I was going to break Apache. I never had to ask myself, "Are you sure this piece is supposed to bend that way?" or, "Are you sure this is even a piece that's supposed to move?"

At no point did the transformation require me to bend plastic. I never thought to myself, "This transformation requires this piece to go through that other piece, or else I need to literally push really hard and bend the plastic." I never felt the need to get out a knife and shave something.

I mean...the transformation makes sense.

Yes, I get frustrated transforming Apache. No, I still can't transform it without watching a video of someone walking me through the process. But, the worst thing I can say about Apache, when I'm at my most frustrated, is, "Man, this leg transformation has a lot of parts and a lot of steps. How can anyone memorize this? Arm articulation is rather disappointing, but it's adequate."

(Also, the same things apply to my opinions on FT Sovereign. The worst thing I can say about Sovereign is, "Man, this transformation has a lot of parts and a lot of steps. I need to watch a video while I transform mine.")

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  12. MajinSin

MajinSin Decepticon

I agree with Apache, but I found Rouge perfectly fine as well.

Quietus is fine now, but he was horrible the first time due to tabbing. That was probably as bad as it got for me.

With that in mind, I suppose your milage may vary. I guess some people genuinely had a problem with Apache while we didn't.

• Like Like x 1
  13. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

I think Apache gets a bit of hate simply for being the first of a downward trend. He was no where near as bad as rouge (bad design) and Quietus (bad QC) but he was certainly one of the first to show up fanstoys engineering floors. People have been somewhat blinded by how good the Dino's and phoenix were that given a slightly complicated design like Apache highlights just how far they are behind in engineering which is a shame as they excel at every other aspect.

Apache wasn't bad. I don't think he looks (visually) as good as X-Transbots renders but that's a personal preference, can see why others think the opposite. What he was though was lots of steps with minimal reward. All the steps in the ankle transformation to still just have feet on the back of the car. For that many steps you should see better results.

• Like Like x 2
  14. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    I think Apache gets shit for being over engineered. It's Koot that gets shit for clearance issues but that just compounds the general view of recent Fanstoys releases and adds another to the list.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Dracula has been the best release out of the current stretch for me. For the most part it represents what FT do best.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Balzari

Balzari Well-Known Member

Display wise Quietus blows Dracula out of the water but I feel like I’m holding an articulated statue. Dracula is still a fine looking bot but I also love the way he feels so solid and robust. Online reviewers criticise the wrist rotation but FT knew what they were doing and cut grooves so you could get some wrist swivel, it’s small details like this that elevate a figure. In any case wrists don’t swivel 360

16. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Like I said. For me, Dracula represents the overall package of what FT do best.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 7
  18. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    One more. :D 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  19. Blazing Mewtwo

0275029F-246D-47E4-A6BC-B136D2E52B9B.jpeg :music I removed the paint with alcohol

• Like Like x 3
  20. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Yep. That's the first thing I did when I got mine. Letting it soak in rubbing alcohol did the trick. Now the face color is G1 toon/'86 movie accurate. It baffles me how some people couldn't tell that Springer's toon face color was a light green/olive color (like his hands and thighs) and not gray.
    I wish there was a similar trick for FT Quietus' face, neck, biceps, thighs, and hands.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1