Fans Toys FT-18 Lupus (Masterpiece Weirdwolf) - Leg Modification

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How Tos' started by Big Bronze Rim, Dec 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim Moderator

So, it is possible to modify the ankle rockers of Fans Toys Lupus. You can do this without disassembling the foot or drilling out screw covers, but it takes a bit of effort. You will need a small screwdriver, a larger flat blade screw driver, and a hobby knife. A set of jeweler's files is helpful, but not required.

Start by removing the screw that holds the foot to the leg. Unfortunately the side of the rocker pivot that gains you the tilt isn't really accessible due to the design. To gain the needed clearance to get your hobby knife in there, you need to trim the opposite side so you can rotate it far enough in the opposite direction. The image below shows where you need to trim to do this ( note that it is this ridge that goes all the way around that limits the rotation):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once I trimmed, carefully use a screwdriver to rotate it as far as you can to get as much clearance on the opposite side:

[​IMG]

You should then have enough clearance to carefully trim the raised part on the to side that will gain you the ankle rocker. Remove as much as you can as far near to the back edge of the die cast. It will never be noticeable, so you can be pretty aggressive:

[​IMG]

The below pics show the difference in rotation that is achieved before and after trimming.

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

Lupus' right side has the modification and his left side doesn't here. It doesn't look like a major difference but in hand it's extremely noticeable:

[​IMG]

And finally, with both sides:

[​IMG]

This is how it should have come from the factory. I think I could have gotten a bit more out of it, but for how I will have him displayed, it's plenty and it looks awesome. It's not difficult, but does take a bit of work. I definitely think it is worth it, though.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.