Fans Toys FT-11 Spotter (Masterpiece Reflector)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jan 8, 2015.

1. omgitstraxx

omgitstraxx Rad Brobot

Yup the knives are the best accessory. They give a street thug feel, like 3 sociopathic punks waiting around the corner after school to take your lunch money and gut you. Only they don't take your money... that was just an excuse.

I can see what people are talking about with the hip skirt issues. The skirts felt like they weren't supposed to move the first time I pulled them away from the legs since they were so tight. Also had to pull harder than I felt was necessary to get the arms fully extended for bot mode but still overall very happy with the purchase.

2. omgitstraxx

omgitstraxx Rad Brobot

Just got them into camera mode for the first time, pretty fun and intuitive transformation.

The only problem I had was with the grey backpacks on the L and R guys that end up being the top of the camera in alt mode. There's a little hook holding on to one of the pieces and it kept popping off. Also had to loosen a screw on one of the parts that rotate out on this same piece because of clearance issues. You can see in the pic below how there's a bit of grey plastic-string scratched off on the left side from the clearance problem before I loosened the screw. I can see why some people would have to do a bit of shaving.

Overall still happy with the alt mode and went with a split decepticon sticker on the top.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    whats bad about these. any easy breakage points

4. JBrock

JBrock Well-Known Member

I had the Maketoys set and thought the transformation blew spotters away. Also like their camera mode better but the bots didn't look the toon part so I made the switch. Spotter might be the ultimate sore thumb and fingertip transformation. Everything was sharp and way too tight. Nothing broke but the shin flaps flop after moving them. The backpacks can be tricky and its easier just to remove and reinstall that c clip piece. The top eyepiece section doesn't want to sit flush in camera mode either. Overall I'm very happy to have them on the shelf, just not something to pick up and transform on a whim.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Devastator21

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    its either this one or kfcs for me. both looks soo good and around the same price on bbts

6. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have this and I like it. You may (or may not depending on your copy) have to do a bit of shaving on the backpack area to get it to come together in camera mode as @omgitstraxx pointed out.
    If I decide to double dip on another MP style Reflector set it will be the KFC version for sure. The MakeToys version was and still is an easy pass for me.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Devastator21

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    i think ill get these. i want kfc but ft does look nice. i dont mind a complex transformation, and the panels that flop,can they be fixed.

im suprised this thread was dormant

8. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Just got these for Father's day. Anybody know how to swap the faces out? No instructions on how to do it.

9. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

IMG_0975.GIF

So you want to take his face...... off.....

• Like Like x 3
  10. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

Unscrew the back of the helmet I think?

11. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

It's just a screw, no? Only thing I would say is pre-thread the new face with the screw while it's off or you'll be wrestling with it and might strip it trying to do it in one step.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Well-Known Member

Picked up Spotter today and gotta say it's one nice figure/figures. My first time buying a Fans toys figure so I was interested to see what all the hoopla was. The biggest thing I noticed was that all the joints were extremely tight, so much so that I was afraid I might break them as I was extending their arms and legs out of the box. Otherwise, they look awesome and are the best representation of Reflector out there.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

I like Spotter but imo it's in the bottom half in terms of FTs products. That's not to say it's bad. On the contrary. But if you got your hands on Stomp or Grinder or Sovereign of Phoenix--the best of the best--you'd really start to get an idea of why people like FTs so much.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was lucky to get these from another collector at a really good price. I'm very pleased with it, really finished off my G1 MP Decepticon shelf.

I was a bit surprised at how loose the flap on the back of the legs is, but otherwise no complaints.

15. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Well-Known Member

The Dinobots are out as I am team Giga there, but I actually woulda gotten Sovereign if he were in stock and Phoenix is a down the road purchase

16. AmonDemon112

AmonDemon112 Demon General

News Credits:
    @dalianjj you should make all new faces for this set with a future release(Hydra or Berserk perhaps!) without the 'beards' and paint the faces white! otherwise I believe this is the best looking of the 3rd party options. The proportions for them look amazing!

17. AmonDemon112

AmonDemon112 Demon General

News Credits:
    you and me both for Phoenix my friend...

18. Egaroc1

Egaroc1 Well-Known Member

Just got the triplets from TCP with my reward bucks. My first FT purchase and I'm blown away.
    Transformation is pretty simple but it took a little longer due to the stuff joint(just had to prime them by moving them and it was a GO!)
    The top part of the camera was not sitting flush until I stopped using the weird C clip for the parts forming. Once moved it sat much better. Still a little not flush but much better and not a big deal.
    I will do some crazy glue mod so I can get the Accessories to lock in better.
    Or than that it's a great MP reflector! IMG_8929.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  19. Devastator21

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Someone convince me that i need these for my birthday, instead of ft spindrift and xtb klaatu. I need more cons.

• Like Like x 1
  20. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

Hey, buy these guys for your birthday instead of ft spindrift and xtb klaatu. You need more cons.

• Like Like x 5