Fans Toys FT-05 & FT-05T Soar (Swoop)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Blacktaurus

Blacktaurus Well-Known Member

Speaking of which, my reissue came with a plastic thigh piece. It doesnt clip at all. The one on my red are replacement diecast and tabs in pretty well.

2. poor man

poor man Well-Known Member

Strange. Pretty sure they're diecast on mine. Took a bit of force to clip in the first time but thankfully they're easy enough to get out if you just wiggle the silver thigh piece behind the clip.

3. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone have any tips on how to move the second knee joint that allows the legs to plug into the back? Both of mines won't move at all and there is no proper leverage on them. Honestly feels like they're going to break if the budge

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    Did you undo all 4 of the hooks that attach to pivot point on the alt mode feet?

5. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Not A Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This gave me a lot of grief too. I used a Spudger and that gave the leverage I needed to get the joint moving. After that, it's been pretty good. But human fingers alone were not meant to move those joints.

6. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

This guy was stuck in my local post office for 2 weeks and I finally got him yesterday. The box was completely soaked due to effects from Hurricane Ida, but the figure and accessories were intact after drying everything off.

The transformation is not bad, but definitely had to grease up a few parts. The knee joints are a nightmare. I had to remove the screw holding them in place just to get them to move for alt mode then added a bunch of Shock Oil. Will most likely need to add some Kiki fluid to the ankles to tighten them up.

Really like the alternate head sculpt and went for the silver wings look.

Overall, he's nice looking and hefty. 4 more to go.

IMG_20210923_124258_1.jpg IMG_20210923_134806~2.jpg IMG_20210923_134757~2.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

Finally had some time to mess with my copy. Stood him on the table, went to get my coffee, then a few seconds later heard the fall and crash as he fell on the floor from the ankles giving out. Snapped his horn off. Can't find the broken piece, it warped to another dimension and I'm guessing there's not getting a spare beak from FT.

So pissed.

[​IMG]

8. mantisfists

mantisfists Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ouch. I'm sorry man. That sucks. That's a lesson you only need to learn once. Leaving your toy unattended on any ledge is like letting a big gurl get on top. You can do it, but you just know something's probably going to end up permanently broken.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

the ankles gave out, how is that his fault?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

Once upon a time someone from FansToys gave me some great advice to fix any problem... Put some floor polish on it.

• Like Like x 3
  11. mantisfists

mantisfists Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Who said it was his fault? I'd never do that to somebody who had something like that happen. If I thought it was his fault, I'd just keep that to myself. No need to rub in a bad situation. I just said it was a hard lesson to learn and tried to lighten the mood with a stupid, immature (like me) analogy. I can almost guarantee that he won't do it again, no matter how solid the ankles are. I was trying to bring some levity to a jacked up situation and definitely not judging.

@Madgame If my comment rubbed you the wrong way, I'm sorry, my man. I tend to deal with jacked up things with comedy as if I don't laugh, I usually do something stupid. I get that not everybody is like me, though.

12. Madgame

All good man. Even if intended as a jab my skin is too thick for that, but I didn't take it as such.

Definitely not buying a replacement figure, just wish I could at least find the piece that broke off. Spent way too long looking for it already.

13. imest

imest Well-Known Member

FT has always been great at sending replacement parts ( at least for me, on 3 different figures ). Hit their email up for replacement parts, I’m sure if they have them most you will be out is shipping and 2 - 3 months ;) 

[email protected]

• Like Like x 3
  14. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Seriously though, there needs to be a PSA on this topic for Soar in particular. He's got this weird thing going on where his ankles seem tight but they can suddenly give out if they aren't perfectly balanced or if you bump the shelf by accident.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, I wouldn't display this guy in either mode without the stand. I've seen 10's of Swoops dive off the shelf in the past couple years, he's just not steady and too fragile.

• Like Like x 3
  16. King Nergil

King Nergil Ruler of a lost kingdom

Another reason why we need a v2.

17. poor man

poor man Well-Known Member

He just needed ratchets, mainly in the ankles and shoulders. Ratchets for the black neck hinge would've been nice as well. Mine is already really loose and I'm suspecting it's the fact that the joint has to hold up the beak in alt mode.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Madgame

Thanks, I sent them an inquiry.

19. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

Not always.

• Like Like x 3
  20. imest

imest Well-Known Member

True if they do not have the part. In my case for FT29T Quietus (Cyclonus), I have a loose elbow, they did not have a replacement and told me to use "floor polish". But they have sent me replacement parts when they did have them.

• Like Like x 1