Fans Toys FT-05 & FT-05T Soar (Swoop)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Sawguy92

Sawguy92 Member

Thanks for the heads up on this one bro.

2. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does the X version have the golden tabs breaking all the time also

3. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

The tabs on the x ones are die cast instead of thin chromed plastic, and feel 1000 times stronger. The top tab is unfortunately a little big on mine to go all the way in, but they hold fine and in no way feel like they are going to break, unlike the originals.
    This is the way it should always have been

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

Going to open mine tonight even though this came in yesterday. Have to not make it obvious to the wifey that I got this. Shhh...

Oh yeah, the red one.

• Like Like x 2
  5. HandlesIT

HandlesIT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good to know. Getting even more excited for my BLUE Soar to arrive!

6. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree. Maybe you can sand your tab down a bit so that it'll go all the way in.

7. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

So what is this assembly error? Is it on every figure? Just TFS-expresses? Have any other retailers said anything about it?

8. DrunkSkunk

DrunkSkunk Well-Known Member

I have got to give Dalianjj & Fans Toys a big shout out for getting me the replacement pieces I needed for my Swoop (Sorry I call him that because he is that good of a product). I got one a few months ago and there was a broken ankle, paint chips on the chest, and a big scratch on the bird beak. He sent me out the parts (complete chest assembly, complete foot and ankle assembly, and bird beak) to make my Swoop complete again!

9. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim Veteran

I haven't needed any parts from them yet, but it definitely seems like they go out of their way to get you what you need.

10. 0ursisthefury

0ursisthefury Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got Soar X for TCP and I have the same issue of new diecast knee piece not tabbing in. Is this going to be repaired? Because I know FT are only making 1000 pieces of this fig

11. ComputronX

ComputronX Till all are MP

Ebay:
    I asked TFS-Express about further information about the issue and got this answer (it's not the knee part!):
    "...the replacements will be shipped to us mid of next week. We have also been confirmed all of the current release of FT05, FT05X and FT05TX have the assembly issue (neck area), it is not very obvious."

12. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

So what are the issues, I havent transformed mine but looking at it it seemed like his head wasnt really sitting flush and there is a peice that is on a slant instead of being level which is where his head sits. I wont be transforming it any time son. Can Dalianjj post what we need to look for so we can let our etailer know?

13. ComputronX

ComputronX Till all are MP

Ebay:
    I guess all etailers have been informed by FT like TFS-E was, but they decided to take no actions, because it seems to be a smaller issue people may not recognize immediately.

14. 0ursisthefury

0ursisthefury Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was fiddling B around with soar X all day and with force I was able to get the knee flaps to tab in but it was really hard. It fit so snug I had to take it out with an exacto knife. I don't know if is a qc issue now.

15. Orion2703

OK so I'm kicking myself slightly for this as I did see this on the 1st Soar X I un-boxed but got so swept up in the excitement that I just passed it off as nothing.

This is the issue they are currently talking about, as you can see on my handy birdmen below (only the head is transformed).
    Toon Soar on the right has his neck assembly sit completely flush to his torso, Soar X on the other hand has a significant gap.

[​IMG]

From the front it makes his neck look slightly bigger but its not to the point that it looks awful. Alt mode is a non-issue for display.

[​IMG]

As I've already got mine I guess it'll be contact the retailer and see what they have been told, this whole area is pinned though so its not as straight forward a swap out as it could be, hey ho not the end of the world.

16. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My reissue toon Soar's neck doesn't sit flush. I just thought that was the way it was engineered. Kind of disheartening.

17. Orion2703

Update...

Found the root cause of it after comparing it to the 1st release toon one.
    Lost a bit of resolution with this due to screen edit, but X on top and toon below.

The blue end piece of the neck assembly is upside down on the X/re-issue ones. There is a short side and a long side at the neck end of this piece and the long side should be pointing down, as on toon soar on the bottom.

On both X soars its pointing up instead.

Fix would be to unscrew the neck, pop the pin out from this piece, flip it over and re-assemble.

Now all I need is a pin removal tool.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good find. Replacement pieces are probably new head with proper neckpiece. So you're certain this is the cause of bot head not sitting flush to the torso?

19. Orion2703

Pretty sure.
    It's not clear in the pics but the correct side is completely flat and allows the black piece to move freely and sit flush.
    The other side tapers up and stops it before it gets all the way.

Edit, scratch that, the piece has a solid bar across one side but not the other, the bar is what's preventing the neck piece sitting flush as it should be on the opposite side.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  20. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

I knew something looked off in bot mode with that piece but I didnt have my original next to it nor did I fiddle with the X version. I really hate when I have to change parts on figures.