Fans Toys FT-05 & FT-05T Soar (Swoop)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Apr 20, 2014.

1. zappatton2

zappatton2 Well-Known Member

Yup, she's a lapcat who has to compete for attention with toy robots. Impressed she is not.

2. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

Amazing dalianjj, thank you so much!

If you don't mind me asking: for a broken knee clip, will just the clip be sent out as replacement? Or the assembly including the pin? Just curious if I'll need to hammer out the pin to fix Soar.

3. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    Then there's the whole 'too' and 'to' thing that drives me mad every time I see it.

It's all to much too handle at times.

4. Artereis

Artereis Well-Known Member

Just got my Soar and he's nearly perfect. I only had to loosen the screw for the secondary knee joint about a half turn for each leg to get him into alt mode. The only real flaw I've seen is there must be a rough spot of metal on one of his dino feet, because if I slide it out so it looks like he's holding them up for flight, it leaves a small paint scratch on the grey plastic when I move it back. Nothing serious.

5. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey thanks, I think I have it figured out too.

6. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

just rock that 2nd knee hinge back and forth a couple times and that spring will loosen right up

i got my ft-03, ft-04, and ft-05 out tonight and grinned at them like a idiot

i don't have any use for ft-01 and i know ft-02 doesn't exist... but damn i want to track them down and be a fans toys completionist

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    The Soundwave was never released sadly, but the Ft-01 was pretty good and predated the official MP prime trailer. It was basically an oversized G1 trailer. but they released update parts for it later so it looked more MP. The quality was very good. You could fit the kiss player girls in the battle stations.

8. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

Never released. But there has to be a couple out there in a box

9. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

so saying something like:

"Anyways, irregardless of the issues of people whom are unhappy with QC, I could care less. Their is no impact on me if there having problems with they're Soars"

would it make your brain cry? I think I made my brain cry... English! so few of us actually speak it.

seriously I love my Soar, but reading post after post of how much we love our Soars gets a bit repititive. I welcome the occasional tangent in the discussion.

10. longhorn35

longhorn35 40 Something Fan

Mind bleach, please....

11. Hotcakesbot

Hotcakesbot Pancake-former

That drives me crazy as well. That and when people use the word "then" when they mean "than". (CM Punk actually did a PSA about that before he left WWE.)

To get back on topic, the only consistent problem (aside from the various isolated QC issues) is the design flaw that a lot of the early pre-release reviewers pointed out: the fragile gold-chromed plastic tabs in the thighs. I realize it may not have been feasible to make them die-cast, but they could have been made out of a less fragile plastic.

The lower head was extremely difficult to turn to reveal the smiling face; for a second, I was afraid I would scrape paint off of the face trying to turn it. That's kind of part of the extremely-tight-joints problem. If I had to choose from too-tight joints and too-loose joints, however, I would choose too-tight joints since I tend to leave my masterpiece figures displayed in the same pose for relatively long periods of time.

12. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

"Anyways, irregardless of the issues of people whom are unhappy with QC, I could care less as it doesn't effect me. Their is no affect on me if there having problems with they're Soars"

wait revision for worst sentence I've ever written! I'm honestly more than a little ashamed of myself.

hindsight being 20/20 I think they could created a hinged panel (rather than just the bar) that tabs into the various thigh parts to hold them together with the gold chrome detailing being a part that is permanent attached to the panel. After all the look in both modes is more or less the same as you're slotting the chrome bit into the same holes in the final transformation so having it be one larger piece wouldn't affect the look too much.

too late now, but maybe something that can be used in future projects?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  13. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

Just got my invoice for Red Soar from Chimung

14. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Nope, it's an easy replacement. Just unscrew and slide it off the pin. The pin is secured in from the other side of the thigh/knee.

Well, "slide" off depends on how tight they are for you. One of mine was super tight, so I took it apart to sand/file away a little inside the tab so it could move easier. It took some rocking and pulling to get it to come off. But they're a simple replacement, which is why I suggested they make some extras - kinda like how MP Wheeljack and Bee come with extra mirrors since they know we'll likely break it at some point.

15. Shiro1

Shiro1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sweet. That's sure welcome news. Come on TCP :D 

16. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I need money to pick this guy up.

Buy my stuff guys!!! :lol 

17. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine was sentenced 10 days in customs..He is out on parole now and on his way

18. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    hope lots of pics of red swoop start fluxing in. really love my blue one to death but would love to see how the other turned out in hand too.

19. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ToyerCity - Iron Dibot

[​IMG]

20. Window

Window Well-Known Member

Nice!!!!!

Wonder if there are any 'fixes' with the red one.