Fans Toys FT-05 & FT-05T Soar (Swoop)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Apr 20, 2014.

1. unexpectedpanda

unexpectedpanda Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Perhaps so! It's confusing though, as it means the opposite of the intention. Like those who say they "could care less".

Oh well, I'll probably just have to get over it :p 

2. aberdrew13

aberdrew13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well, I finally got my Soar yesterday from BBTS. Great figure and I love him, but he was missing one of the grey wings in the box. Email to BBTS is outgoing.

3. Hescian

Hescian Well-Known Member

Just because you have QC issues, doesn't make FT "2 for 3"... officially. For some of us, there haven't been any QC issues which is much more than can be said for Takara. I don't even consider Scoria's shoulders a QC issues, because they sent out replacement shoulder parts. It's not like Takara is sending me replacement shoulder parts for my MP Soundwave who can barely hold his gun, much less Laserbeak.
    For some of us, FT has produced 3 fantastic figures, with a build quality and design that is better than many of the official products, for the same money.

4. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    even the recently held poll had something like a 95% satisfaction rate with at least 120+ voters the last time I looked.

one bad egg doesn't spoil the dozen, and I had a bad scoria too. TCP and FT made that right, and now I have three awesome MP dinos in my collection while I await 2 new ones and 1 replacement :D 

5. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aaaarrgghhhhh!!! BURN THEM!! Someone even said that in a movie I watched the other day - uurggh.

I also find it mildly amusing that 'a qc' is now a noun. :) 

And don't get me into a rant about the difference between QA and QC - jeez.

And starting sentences with 'and'. :) 

6. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Or calling design and/or production issues that affect all of a run QC issues.

7. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey, I've stopped watching this thread for awhile, but my Soar just came... can anyone point me to a video pointing out the places to be wary of during the transformation?

8. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

My Soar arrived yesterday & sat on the front porch in 20° weather for about 4 hours. Needless to say I had to let him warm up to room temp before even attempting to transform him.

I am still amazed by the quality and weight. Now I'm definitely hooked...all 5 (eventually) FT dinos will be mine. My poor wallet...

9. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

you know..

i really think swoop warming up has a lot to do with some of the initial issues.

when mine got delivered it was like 4degrees out... extreme cold is hard on plastic

10. HeatGuts

HeatGuts Well-Known Member

Just opened the package and I am truly happy with what i got!

11. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

M2, this guy is awesome. Only one screw that was a little tight but nothing earth shattering. I really like the extra optional parts. With other companies, you need to buy those seperatly. Cool of them to add the parts up front

12. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Transforming mine again last night, all the joints are incredibly tight. I had my screwdriver out to loosen a few of them. It only takes a micron of a twist to change the tension. Man this is such a great figure!

13. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Thanks dalianjj. For what it's worth, even though I find these issues annoying, I do think it's a beautiful figure and I do plan to complete the set because it would just be weird to stop now. If 95 percent of the people are satisfied with the toy I can accept that I just got a rare lemon and have been relatively unlucky with the two that I've gotten so far. Odds are that the next one will be perfect I guess. I don't think it would bother me so much if the figures weren't so expensive.

14. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Might be a good idea, if possible, to produce a fair number of the knee clips for replacements. You know, just in case.

15. longhorn35

longhorn35 40 Something Fan

My Soar came and is perfect. No issues with the figure or pieces for the figure. My only nitpick is that I got no instructions and no Bio Card... Emailing TF Source to see if I can get those items...

16. warhide

warhide Deceptcreeps Smasher

still waiting him for February..oh Omegalock why did you do that to me? haahahha

17. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, those guys are the worst.

;) 

I do agree about the 'could care less' thing. It makes me gag. :lol 

Sure - I think that Emgo's video lays it out nicely:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6aQjP41x14

He does go from dino' mode to robot mode, but it's quite clear what's going on with the legs. Just take it nice and easy at every stage, and be careful with those gold tabs on the front of the thighs. :thumb 

February?! Sorry to hear that, dude. Surprised you have to wait that long though. :( 

18. HeatGuts

HeatGuts Well-Known Member

Not-Swoop is truly amazing, the only thing that bothered me was the legs, man I might need to reorganize my collection due to his wingspan.

19. zappatton2

zappatton2 Well-Known Member

I think I may contact TFsource about a part, but I want to see if I'm on the right track here. I took the leg apart yesterday to correct the alignment on the back of the upper leg, but I think the part was actually for the opposite leg, which is why it doesn't align. Thankfully, I found my camera, so I can actually show what I mean. Here is the back of the legs; the part taken off the back of the right leg actually matches the part from the back of the left leg (with rounded edges facing up, sharp edges facing down).
    [​IMG][/URL]
    Here is the part close up, showing the rounded and sharper edges
    [​IMG]
    Has anyone else notice this? Does anyone else have this situation, but still manage to transform him okay and not have any problems with it? I have yet to put him back together, might not be worth the effort getting that spring in there, if I really should be asking for a replacement part. Thanks!!!!

20. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

your cat is unimpressed.