Fans Toys FT-05 & FT-05T Soar (Swoop)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Exactly my reason for wanting them in alt mode :lol 

2. zappatton2

zappatton2 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'll give that a go tomorrow. Cheers!

3. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I like having him in Dino mode a lot, my problem lately has been whether to use the chrome wings or switch to the plain silver ones.

4. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I too got a lemon, so I can't defend FT here, but at the same time a lot of the folks here got very good figures. The way I think about it is some products are not meant for you. It's just like that guy who got a lemon XBox 360 16 times in a row. Sometimes, you just have to quit, and I am quitting FT after 2 in a row as well.

5. nemesisred

nemesisred Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me? That is horrible! The head! The missiles! Yuck!!

6. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    I feel for anyone who gets a crappy figure. So far I count myself lucky that I've got good examples of Soar and Scoria, but FT has three more Dinobots to release and anything could change between here and the end...I don't like to think about that possibility.

I guess all a person can hope for is a customer-centric retailer if worse comes to worst.

7. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Same here. So far I have yet to encounter a lemon third party figure (aside from X-fire Explorer and his loose joints) and I'm super thankful for that. Retail figures on the other hand...

Either way though, I do hope more and more QC issues are ironed out by the time Sever and Sludge are here.

8. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Because math. 95% Satification. Math.

9. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    No offense, but there's math and then there's the 5%. It's like those probabilities they like to trot out when it comes to being struck by lightning. It's all great unless you are the one that got struck.

Getting a lousy figure is not even comparable to being struck by lightning, but 200 dollars is still a big hit to the wallet at least for me.

10. dalianjj

dalianjj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For those who got defective figure, plz report to your retailer with pictures and let them contact us, I will get those replacement parts from factory later this month and send them out asap. Thank you.

11. Pharoid

News Credits:
    Hey I get that and I don't understand why your retailer isn't helping you. I want you to be happy enjoying Soar too, believe me. But saying the people who didn't get a bad product are "blowing" fanstoys is offensive. I know that's not you. Am I supposed to be outraged and unhappy because less than 5% of people got a raw deal. But I have not been following your problems personally. I just got bits and pieces.

12. Pharoid

News Credits:
    Seriously look at this guy! What company in 2015 does this? Stand up top shelf company.

13. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Oh I didn't mean that at all. That's why I didn't say FT's products suck, because statistically it's not, I was just saying things work out in a way such that their product is not a fit for me.

My retailer is trying to help me right now, but one of my problems seem to fall into those vague area of should it be replaced or not. I have 3 problems, one of which is that the wing is loose. I tried to fix it by using nail polish originally, but that ruins part of the chrome, so now what? Is the retailer supposed to replace it? All I know is that in the first place, I shouldn't have to do any "difficult" fixes. I mean if it's just loosening screws, etc, I am ok, but hei my figure now has a noticeable flaw (albeit cosmetic) although the wing situation is somewhat better (now that I've used Future Polish).

14. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

Thanks Dalianjj, I might ping you at the end of the month to ensure I get exactly what I need to bring my Soar to perfection. Thanks for continuing to stand behind you products, you're making some loyal customers.

As many have discussed here, I too hope that we can get the whole set of your Dibots before the end of this year - what are your thoughts on that?

15. Megatronscrotch

Megatronscrotch Macro-Con

Thanks delianjj...for the record I'm still a supporter of FT, as that your company is the only 3rd party figures that I buy from. You guys just need to work out the kinks in ur products. Lord knows that Takara hasn't always been QC issue free with the masterpiece line.

16. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    I hope they take a break after their next one .. Or maybe that's already the plan as Not-Perceptor and Not-Reflector are coming pretty "soon."

I just need a little Dino break. Having an eventual 4 Dinobots will be good enough for me for awhile! Bring on the other stuff :) 

Takara *absolutely* hasn't always been QC free.. That is for sure. I have many a 3P figure and overall my Takara/official stuff has had more issues than any of my 3P stuff. And I have never gotten messages, spoken to, or been helped by takara like I have from some of these 3P companies on this board and facebook.

17. unexpectedpanda

unexpectedpanda Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Might take this opportunity to clear something up -- I see this misusage of "QC" from many folks.

QC = Quality Control, the process of weeding out faulty products.

"QC free" would therefore mean that no quality control was done (with therefore higher chance of issues), not that the product was fault free.

18. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

The thing is that it's simply not possible to be perfect when you are manufacturing thousands of figures. Not economically, anyway. Even the best Q/C will let some bad ones through. Not that that means people who got one of the faulty ones shouldn't be disappointed, but FTs stands by their figures and gets stuff taken care of.

That said, I totally disagree with the first part of your comment. It drove me crazy that we couldn't complete the seekers because no one would release an MP-11 Skywarp until just recently. It will be so disappointing if FTs stops in the middle of a team. I get waiting on Grimlock, though I would greatly prefer they didn't. But at least I have a stand in in the form of MP-8. To have four of five dinobots and not complete Sludge...

Annoying. That's all there is to it.

19. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

I agree, but I think people just use QC free as shorthand for QC "issues" free.

20. FishHeadSoup

FishHeadSoup bikini bottom

FT bite off more than what they can chew, i love to have them prove me wrong. Release 6 figures this year dalianjj, i dare you, lol!!!