Fans Toys FT-05 & FT-05T Soar (Swoop)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Apr 20, 2014.

1. CobramusPrime

CobramusPrime energon on the rocks

Anybody else have a problem with the tab right above his dinosaurs foot that connects to his upper thigh in robot mod? This sucks but mines is cracked on the middle large ridge and is hanging in there with this nasty bend.

2. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Here's a post by SuperQuad7 that talks about using it on Chrome. I haven't used it on any before, so read that for details.

It's one of those products where a person holds off on using it because they're used to superglue or nail polish, but then when they eventually do try it they swear off the other methods. That's why so many people around here rave about the stuff.

No fogging or squeaking like superglue randomly does. No altering the plastic like superglue. No negative effects on paint or chrome like nail polish. It can be used to prevent paint flaking. And it can add certain types of finish to paint.

You don't even have to take joints apart when applying it. Just add a drop, work it around to coat, and then let it sit for about 24 hours to cure.

And it comes in a HUGE bottle for about $6 and you'll rarely use more than a drop at a time. :) 

You can learn more about it here.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tutorials-how-tos/214559-all-you-wanted-know-about-future-finish.html

~Matt Booker

3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @Matt, thanks a ton.

4. Joevette8

Joevette8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah mine broke too, just contact your retailer with a photo and they'll send out parts when they get them.

5. rbarron64

rbarron64 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same with me. I felt how tight it was, and used a small screwdriver to pry it up. I was as close as I could get to the pivot point but it still cracked.

6. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

That sucks. I have decided not to really tab these in even though I have done it before and pulled them out successfully.

7. Quickstrike2013

Quickstrike2013 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm hoping someone makes replacements made of dicast for those

8. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

I'd probably be in for them.

9. Quickstrike2013

News Credits:
    While I have no problems with mine I'd feel better knowing it's stronger being made of dicast

10. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Glad to help.

~Matt Booker

11. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

Wasn't that the whole point of sending out test shots to reviewers. Some had said that part is iffy and yet FT said "F it" and still made it out of plastic that is prone to break. What's the point of asking for feedback and not implementing it?

Are people in China afraid to speak up during the QC process? It is true the workers are more prone to not speak up for fear of making the boss or designers lose face so they just shut up.

12. Mighty Menasor

Mighty Menasor Menasor Searching....Crush & Destroy

Received my soar from Chimungmung recently. Amazing solid figure, i had no issues with the figure itself. Just had to loosen the screws for the hand transformation. The legs folded up perfectly and thanks to paik4life for a fully detailed and "better than instructions" review/instructional video. Seriously put away the instructions and just watch his video (with regard to transformation). Anyways, no super stiff leg joints with my figure and it's just perfect with NO QC issues. However, my sword light up function does not work :(  and the odd thing is all wires look to be in place and the bulb filament is intact (LR626 batteries). I reached out to chimungmung and hoping for a replacement or fix. This figure is amazing!!! bring on sever...bring on anything FT's produces

13. Quickstrike2013

News Credits:
    Thought the batteries where LR66

14. warhide

warhide Deceptcreeps Smasher

now waiting for omegalock again... it seems he will be in stock only in february... i wonder how the got such delay. i had a similar problem with scoria hahhahh
    i think the only time they got something before anyone was with kfc blaster :D 

15. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 When the Curtain Falls

Got my Soar today. Since it came this morning when the temp was ~15F, I let him sit inside to warm up until later this afternoon. I'm happy to say there are no major issues. Paint is great. I love the way he feels right out of the box. My shoulders do squeak, but if you move them at the right speed, it sounds like a squawk :) . One of the dreaded gold thigh tabs was stuck pretty tight, but I was able to tease it out with a smooth flat tool on the end of the fingernail file on my pocket knife. Worked it in an out a little and it's pretty easy to manipulate now (no comments from the peanut gallery). I had some trouble with the knees into dino mode, but once I figured out where to put my thumb (accidentally), they bent with only a little force. Ankles are nice and tight once the feet are in the correct position, as shown in the manual. The flight stand makes dino mode a gorgeous display piece, but is a little too big for a detolf (yet another reason to finalize my custom display cabinet plans, which will have shelves wide enough for my Lego UCS Millenium Falcon). Now to look at pics in the thread to see where to put the 'Bot symbol. The ideal place would be where the ribbed part of his beak is :( .

16. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Yeah same here. It didn't break, fortunately, but creased right along one of those scored panel lines (what a dumb piece of detailing that is!). There's an upper and a lower peg and the lower one seems to be really tight, so prizing the upper one out puts stress on the part.

I'd definitely be interested in replacement metal parts, cos no matter how careful I am now I bet at some point it's going to give and drop off :( 

17. Mighty Menasor

Mighty Menasor Menasor Searching....Crush & Destroy

according to instructions it's LR626 (LR66), same type used for scoria's accessories. These batteries have multiple names/designations

18. CobramusPrime

CobramusPrime energon on the rocks

It would have made sense to have that part diecast or at least something more durable, everything else around that part is solid and tight when switching from bot and alt modes.

19. CETERUS PRIME

CETERUS PRIME Well-Known Member

One of my Gold thigh parts broke today as well, and I was watching Paik4life's video when it happened. Those pieces are just too thin in my opinion, mine snapped so easily I didn't even know I was handling it in a way to do so. I really hope these pieces are reconstructed with diecast or something much stronger for our replacement parts !

20. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]