Fans Toys FT-04 Scoria (not-Slag)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    I just finally got to play with my Scoria and I'm sold. It is much better in person than expected and totally solid in both modes (aside from the aforementioned loose shoulders). I like him and I'm now going to pre-order Sever/Snarl as well (I already have an order for Soar/Swoop).

What a cool figure. Nicely done FT.

2. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Someone mentioned a He-Man pose? :D 

[​IMG]

3. Ionus

Ionus Well-Known Member

Well said. This is the definitive post right here on the matter and represents my feelings for this figure exactly.

I'm ready for Soar. Does anyone think we will see him this year?

[​IMG] :lol 

4. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Hah! I totally forgot how awful MP-10's legs were. Those panels that flip around that knock into each other legs that don't stay together unless you use the trailer. Man, so disappointing. But you deal with it when the overall toy is just too good. Same here.

"Me, Slag, has the power!"

5. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Hah, cool, that might just be the right type of pose for my Slag whenever I get him, thanks for sharing.

6. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok upon thorough inspection here are the issues mine has:
    -The black piece on his right wing is stuck so i cant lift up the wing for robot mode.I can see the grey back piece which is connected to the black is held with glue so my guess is there is excessive glue there and it dripped to the black wing piece causing it to get stuck...I tried to scratch it but so far i was unsuccesfull to make it move.
    -I seem to have a similar problem with the triceratop "spine" piece.There is a series of hinges so it can fold up to his back for robot mode.Counting from top to bottom there is one single hinge and then one double hinge.That one hinge of the double hinged piece is not able to move.It doesnt hinder the tranformation at all but i think if it was able to move the backpack would be sitting even higher on his back.

These are literally my only two issues with the figure.Other than that its flawless.All chrome and paint apps are applied perfectly.His shoulders are able to hold the weapons very easily.
    Is there any way to get rid of the excess glue?

7. Scyla

Scyla Well-Known Member

I think the arm/shoulder joints are a flawed design. Why no ratchets for the shoulders or beefy ball joints. The hind legs have them why are they not present on the front legs who have to carry much more weight (hands, weapons).

8. Keoki420

Keoki420 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for the comments guys. My boys all giddy now and wants to take more pictures. Also since my wife is in the whole FB thing, he's asking me how many "likes" are there. What have I started...

9. YOLOrenzo

YOLOrenzo Well-Known Member

FT already acknowledged that there's an issue with the shoulders and are providing a fix. I personally don't care what anyone does with the joints as long as they are sturdy and hold poses.

Mine can hold poses but they could definitely be tighter since they slip in certain positions.

10. Scyla

Scyla Well-Known Member

Well if they offer a fix it probably won't be a new type of joint. I'm also ok with any design that can fulfill the needs but why put the better solution onto the hind legs where they are not needed. Ok maybe the are needed when you want to put the triceratops into a two legged stance. ^_^

I think I get where you are coming from but me this is a design flaw.

11. YOLOrenzo

The hind legs are like that due to the transformation I think, so that it swivels into the legs when in bot mode.

Your issue seems like a personal preference rather than a design flaw.

12. brewtality

brewtality Well-Known Member

Mine is perfect! A must have really :) 

13. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Yeah, I can't stop messing with Scoria. I am so glad I trusted FansToys and stuck with them after Quakewave. This dude is freaking awesome.

14. GinoPuppy

GinoPuppy Star Seeker

Hey guys, I haven't payed much attention to this thread, as i'm already sold. but I've been hearing things about qc. I have mine waiting in the pol at bbts, and was wondering what issues should I be checking for when I finally get him.

15. Mighty Menasor

Mighty Menasor Menasor Searching....Crush & Destroy

I don't have any QC issues thankfully but others did mention loose shoulder and dino mouth. Someone posted fixes for those issues.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tutorials-how-tos/991434-scoria-fixes.html

16. Mighty Menasor

Mighty Menasor Menasor Searching....Crush & Destroy

+1 :) 

17. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What kind of fix are they offering? The shoulder thing is a bummer. I think it makes it more of a bummer because its a major part of the figure that will get a lot of use so its more noticeable. Some on here were commenting on MP-10s ankles I think but that is a less used part. Hopefully, the next figures they make will not have the shoulder problems. Overall I give it a 9/10

18. YOLOrenzo

I don't know, but supposedly it's user replaceable.

MP-10 was kind of a big deal to me since it made him difficult to stand in certain poses. My Scoria's shoulders can hold most poses just fine, but they're definitely loose and slip at certain positions, so I can appreciate a fix of some sort.

19. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Really? My mp10 uses his ankles all the time... Well, unless he's fishing in a boat... Watching a baseball game... Playing the weekly poker game against the dinobots (they are such suckers!)...

20. NW86

NW86 Well-Known Member

I believe they are going to send replacement parts for the shoulders to retailers that request them.