Fans Toys FT-04 Scoria (not-Slag)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Nov 15, 2013.

1. unexpectedpanda

unexpectedpanda Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, does a good job!

2. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

WORD! :lol  Not many 3rd party figs get this seal of approval :) 
    Ditto. I was lucky not to have any stripped screws or anything, but I would have preferred a system where you could perhaps slide the face down and off. As it is, now that I've swapped both heads with the red faces I probably won't need to do any more messing about (nothing wrong with the silver face, I just prefer red for accuracy).

3. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't been following this thread that closely since mine came in. What is this thing about them making replacement shoulders? It seems that I lucked out and the loose shoulders is apparently the only problem mine has. So I was wondering how do I get a set of these replacement shoulder joints? I bought mine from TFSource.

4. whitewolfe313

whitewolfe313 Well-Known Member

I also purchased mine from TFSource. I sent an e-mail yesterday but no word yet. I thought I read that all replacement parts were distributed through where you purchased.

5. TillAllAre1

TillAllAre1 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    dam! cause of the holiday I wont get him till Monday....so anxious

6. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the info, and I just contacted them to let them know.

7. kaotika

kaotika Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, I just picked out two little bits that annoyed me the most. Exactly as you did.
    I said I was underwhelmed and unthrilled and I immediately got the stick taken to me, for not fawning over it and gushing over how you couldn't tell the difference between a genuine one and this one - or that it's clearly even better. This clique doesn't welcome dissenting opinions from outsiders. Lesson learned.

No, I would never do something to appalling - I would never want anyone else to experience the unwarranted backlash I got just for expressing myself, my experience and my opinion (one that I even said from the beginning might change over time). Just like I shouldn't expect mine to be regarded as invalid. You would probably be as unhappy about having your opinion dismissed as me.

Which was, of course, my entire point.

8. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

I emailed TFSource last night about it. Ill keep an eye out here to see if anyone gets a response.

9. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

To all the DIY gurus out there...I'm curious, does anyone have an idea how these arm replacements will work, I mean the nuts and bolts behind it. I looked at some of the explanations with the diagrams and couldn't make any sense of it whatsoever!?

10. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got the call from ups.....they r bringing the beast over in an hour or so.....cant wait!!!!

11. shade360

shade360 Well-Known Member

Just trying to fix my VERY floppy shoulders - taken apart - and looks like the QC staff applied glue already to the black rotating parts - so they were aware of the issue and shipped it anyway?

Attached Files:

12. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I have the same thing. I thought that was how it was. I didn't realize it was supposed to be flush.

13. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not a fan, my real concern is moving my preorder funds from the FT Swoop to something else because I don't know if something like that can be done.

14. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Mine is like this, too. Honestly I think it's normal, but if not I don't really care. Looks totally fine. I'm not gonna try and force it.

Dude, everything you said about your experience is valid. But we've been having tons of conversations about QC issues in a very civil manner in this thread.

The point is you overreacted to TigerBlade's comment, which was pretty innocuous. You escalated it, not him. You were frustrated (and justifiably so) and he said that sucks, but others had a good experience. And you went off on him.

You should exchange your figure and get a good one. It's a great figure, but there are enough examples of poor quality control at the factory that your experience, while not typical, isn't totally out of the norm.

Fortunately dalianjj has been backing up his product. Contact your retailer and they will hook you up.

15. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    ^^-- +1! Well said. I also agree anyone having issues not to give up on this guy, as he's pretty amazing.

16. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got mine,now im at work so couldnt really inspect him thoroughly or transform him.I only checked his shoulders and hips.Now while they certainly are not tight enough,the shoulders can hold a pose and the gun and sword without drooping.The hips arent holding up though...whether I raise the legs to the sides or to the front they will droop immediately...not sure if there is a way to fix that.Not that ill pose him performing a high kick either,just saying.Ill probably get the replacement shoulder parts anyway.Hopefully when I check him more after work,he wont have other qc issues

17. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

^ I don't consider the inability to hold legs in the air a problem. That's not a QC problem. It's a heavy figure. A design choice.

Can he stand and pose? If yes, then it's fine.

18. djskye

djskye Active Member

This guy is really huge.

19. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree

20. Che

Che Well-Known Member

I agree in part (which means I disagree in part). If some figures can hold legs/arms in the air and others no, then it is a quality control problem (in other words, if there is a significative variance among the toys, then it is a quality control problem). Otherwise, if almost all figures are like that (i.e., the variance is not high), then it is not a quality control problem, but may be consider a frustrating design flaw depending on what a person was expecting to do with the figure. Every person has a particular way of approching his/her collection: some are satisfied having toys looking pretty on the shelves, others are not, and there is nothing wrong with that. A joint that has only a limited range of motion can indeed become a legitimate source of frustration for some people, especially considering the money invested.