Fans Toys FT-04 Scoria (not-Slag)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    Picked up Scoria yesterday at a local toy show. I've seen pictures of him and thought "oh, cool" then moved on....but when I came around the corner and the guy had one on display in Dino mode, I believe my exact words were "uhhhhhhhhhhhhh" I did a lap or 2 around the show, and then picked it up.

The sheer size and weight alone make it awesome. No issues so far- but I'm not as eagle eyed with paint and etc...no joint issues. My only complaint is the sword. I don't like how you have to tilt his hand to place the sword in it. I would have preferred it to where the hilt were different.

This one made me excited for the dinobots and my mp collection in general. Really makes me excited for sludge.

In fact, this is my first time to this thread, and probably the first day that I didn't immediately open the Kronos thread. This figure is SWEET! Actually, is this really classified as an action figure? It's about the same size as my sons chihuahua.

2. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    I feel ya buddy. He was designed as a stand alone after all.

LOL.

Now I can certainly agree to that. MP-05 up there as well.

The hate is strong but I guess that's what Scoria does to you. I was a Takara white night but this figure has blown me away. Absolutely amazing.

Not a bad idea. I would have done the same but the sight of MP-08 makes me rage.

3. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Opened mine yesterday and got to mess with it today. This thing is outstanding. I lucked out and have no QC issues. It has tight shoulders, no paint or chrome issues and just looks phenomenal. This thing is masterpiece quality all around.

4. GodParticle

GodParticle Well-Known Member

I think he's one of the worst designed MP. Just look at how sloppy his alt mode is. The ill-fitting parts that make up his tail portion(compare to the clean G1 design) and that stupid gimmick that ruins his head movement. Then there's his bot mode which is equally as bad. Biggest waste of money I've spent

5. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

Gonna have to agree with everyone hating on Takara MP Grimlock. They focused way too much on that stupid head wagging gimmick through the tail. The option to change the eye color was wonderful, leave that one there FT, but make the rest of him as solid as Scoria! (mine didn't have any serious QC issues, just tight panels that were a bitch to open for the fist and head storage).

6. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

According to USPS tracking, my Scoria left the mail sort facility that is fifteen minutes from my house at 10:30 pm last night, presumably on it's way to my local post office before it is out for delivery on Monday. Since the post office is closed on Sundays I can't help but imagine Scoria is on a truck, circling around town, waiting for the the morning when it can finally be dropped off.

Damn you USPS!

As for MP-08, I love that figure. Yes, the gimmicks are mostly wonky and he's too small, but it's hard to imagine Scoria will be so good that I'll switch to hating the first Masterpiece figure I ever picked up. On the other hand, I hope Scoria is that good. I'll be picking up FTs version when it's finally released regardless. :) 

7. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Megaton gets my vote. But I hold on to him and mp01 like people do those giant gi joes from the 60s and 70s. Him and his cosmic rust...

8. temptingtoys

temptingtoys Well-Known Member

I rarely post here, but have to say this is probably one of the best toys I've ever ordered. As a collector myself I'm really feel'n this one. The pieces I have opened up with friends have not had any with the shoulder issues nor any cracks, etc. About 1/6 of my pieces arrived with their heads removed (likely to to shifting during shipment), but none were damaged (I don't plan to mail any of those pieces to customers). Also, apparently the Hong Kong secruity services opened one of my pieces as well....nothing damaged, but the top part of the clam shell holder was missing.

I'm a sponsor here so my plug is legit and sanctioned so for those of you that still want to buy one check out my site here: www.temptingcollectibles.com. Pre orders for the others are going up soon.

Tony

9. Talos242

Talos242 Running out of space!!

Ebay:
    Ok I have fixed the knee issue :) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    I see this thread is morphing from the "yay Scoria" thread into the "take a huge sh1t on Takara Grimlock" thread.

Really off-putting and making me reconsider my decision to pick Scoria up. Because either:

A) they're right and MP Grimlock becomes sh1t once you touch plastic jesus, and since Gimmy is currently one of the best TFs in my collection, my whole collection becomes sh1t...
    Or
    B) these would be my fellow Scoria owners in the Scoria Owners Club.

11. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    eh...the differences are pretty apparent once you have them both in-hand.

not really fair to judge the feedback on scoria until you are able to check him out yourself.
    grimlock is still an excellent figure by all means, but once you handle scoria you will know there are now higher standards then Takara MP. and there are 4 more of them coming...

12. Ionus

Ionus Well-Known Member

Don't let it man. If you like MP-08 you can still like Scoria (and vice versa).

I want an updated Grimlock but MP-08 is by no means a terrible figure. And people's opinions of it shouldn't influence your decision about a different figure. It wasn't FT that made those statements.

It's whatever you like man.

13. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Then leave already, jeez, why is everyone so sensitive these days, it's just their opinion! To me their opinion doesn't affect my thoughts on anything. I own both figures and even though I think Scoria is the superior of the two, I still love my grimmy and will continue to do so no matter who and how many times it's shat upon!

If you aren't going to buy a figure or enjoy a figure because of what others say then maybe you should be addressing how insecure you are about your figure(s) and not the people thrashing them!

14. Son of Carl

Son of Carl ROCK BEATS EVERYTHING

Post of the day. I laughed my a off. "Plastic Jesus."

15. craftsmith

craftsmith Flying Spanner

Ebay:
    MP-08 is still an excellent figure, so is Masterpiece Rodimus, what are you guys smoking............ don't get me wrong Ft's dinobots are looking great so far........buuuuuut..... you know they gonna have to steal the engineering from Has/tak's Grimmy to create a new masterpiece figure, or do you believe in mass shifting magical toys that can do it so differently and still retain his G1 visage.

16. Son of Carl

Son of Carl ROCK BEATS EVERYTHING

Second place, for post of the day. Sorry Malware5, I just think that it's funny.

17. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    For me, my 2 MP-08s will be fine. I'll have one in the new MP throne that's coming out, and I'll have one in Rex mode with Scoria. I'm more than likely going to cancel my sever p/o, and I don't know if I'm going to go with FT or Bullsfire for swoop. For the money and space, I only want to spend the money on the dinobots I really want, rather than just get all 5 because it's the thing to do to be cool- but it's great everyone has a decent amount of choices for how they want to get their MP Dinobots.

18. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    I have no beef with anyone considering Scoria better than MP Grimlock, he probably is. But how the hell does it make Grimlock go from "one of the best TFs" to "utter sh1t that can't be looked at directly for fear of melting like the guys at the end of Raiders"?

It just boggles my mind.

Then again, people have been calling MP01 and Classics Prime shit lately, and they were longtime favorites of the fandom.

Do we eventually turn on every figure? Are MP10 and Scoria going to be shit one day?

I know I've blasphemed and punishment is being banished from the thread, but it's my 2 cents and it didn't break any forum rules.

19. Lord Of Fairies

Lord Of Fairies Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So i finally transformed mine and found this funny
    [​IMG]

20. Talos242

Talos242 Running out of space!!

Ebay:
    For TreRanks.... an others in the same boat :)  hope this helps?

Tail fix:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Le me know :)