Fans Toys FT-04 Scoria (not-Slag)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Nov 15, 2013.

1. T4LIFE

T4LIFE Well-Known Member

Does anyone "feel" the second run of Scoria will happen ?

2. Gnarliehog

Gnarliehog Well-Known Member

That's what I've been wondering. Quakewave got, what? 3? Plus that limited edition dark gray.

I think Scoria will at least get a 2nd production of toon and 1 of toy, but the 2nd toon might not come until much later...

3. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    When I went to one of the previous movies on opening weekend, the guy that owned the nearby comic book/collectibles shop was in the parkinglot with his van FULL of movie toys, classics, and g1 misb, etc... He had stuff that he was able to sell to kid and collectors alike... So the showing I attended was full of kids waving around action figures, adults transforming their childhood memories, etc. it was fun.

Imagine the conversations one could have while waiting for the movie to start, if you are sitting there with a Slag the size of a football. It's fun, and opening weekend is when the hardcore nerds are there, so you don't get the eye rolls you would get if you did it at the dollar theater a week before the bluray is released.

4. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Yep, the left shoulder on mine is pretty loose as well. It's pretty disheartening.

5. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Sounds like you'll need a little floor polish. Inconvenient but fixable.

6. dinobot5

dinobot5 Well-Known Member

disgusting QC on mine..............
    hands flop with the slightest touch/put weapons in them,arms are super loose that they don't hold their weight let alone the weapons,legs aren't very good as they feel like they will widen over time if that makes sense? due to the fact they are just far too heavy/ratchet joints aren't tight enough
    very very very disappointing.......................
    fanstoys better come up with a solution or im not gonna bother with their toys ever again

7. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Wow, these QC issues on Scoria are discouraging. :|

8. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    They should use less die cast - will cut a lot of the problems. Die cast is nice but should be used sparingly.

9. djmajin

djmajin Masterpiece Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    SCORE!! Scoria number 2 from BBTS is also flawless no looseness or bad paint apps
    and all the accessories

10. Skywarp181

Skywarp181 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got mine today from Toy Dojo.. Great looking toy! My shoulders are fine :) 

Need help Dalianjj :) 

The whole back piece where it attaches is stressed! Hope it won't break off.

[​IMG]

I don't know what happened here? They totally missed the hole and shoved the pin through the plastic!.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also had some scuff marks on the chrom/gold.. Seems like these pieces were just thrown in a box for the production line. That's prob how they got scuffed up??

Overall this is a great figure!

Help Dalianjj. Plz. :( 

:( 

11. heirofthedog

heirofthedog Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have inspected the shoulder joints and can see why they are a tad loose. Now you could go down the route of following the glue tutorial posted earlier, BUT I have also noted that the type of plastic used for the black shoulder assembly is not the type that particularly likes to let glue or floor polish adhere to it. Personally I would go the route of the fix used on Generations Blitzwing body halves, and actually sand/file one half of the shoulder assembly where the 2 halves meet thus physically decreasing the diameter of the cup port where it joins the main body. And when you re assemble you can actually tighten the screw holding the 2 halves together firmly enough to give great friction for the shoulder articulation.

12. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Wow... These are some seriously frightening pics! The quakewave launch wasn't anywhere near this bad... A few people has loose figures in the box, hoses detached, an that was 85% of the complaints.... This guy is all over the place...

FT has some serious customer service magic to perform to remedy all these situations... Seems like a LOT higher volume of defects than the typical 1 to 5%, unless every single one of the 5% is a participant in this forum....

Hope mine is good.

13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn, all these QC reports are scaring the hell out of me.

14. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Yeah, the hips + diecast on the feet is just bad combination. The design on this thing is fantastic, but this guy needs an underwear to hold his lower half in the long run.

Now if someone can create a meme of a potato wearing an underwear ......

15. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I think ppl will only do that with a photographic guide and proof the shoulders are nice and tight after.

16. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You mean just that white stress mark on the left, the little one? Mine is the same but it doesn't seem to be a problem - it's pretty solidly connected by the plastic all around it and doesn't look as though it's going to crack (I hope). I can't see any extra stress being put on it during transformation, at least.

The issues on mine are just a bit of missing chrome on the frill (the most annoying issue), threaded screws in the extra head so I can't replace the face (hopefully FT and Kapow will replace the head, though), and that's it other than that (hopefully inconsequential) stress mark.

I've been playing around with Scoria tonight, and all in all I think he's a superb figure. Of all the figures I have, only FT have managed to hit Masterpiece level for design, engineering and materials. Huff is a Masterpiece in terms of design and engineering (barring the chest tabs in truck mode), but is severely let down in terms of materials. Scoria just *is* MP Slag, though. He fits so perfectly with Grimlock. (I don't get what somebody else was saying about Grimlock being rubbish, though - he's still a great figure, and his legs are no more awkward to transform than Scoria's, but neither are particularly awkward, just a bit fiddly - the tail tucking into the legs on Grimlock and dino-legs tucking into the robo-legs on Scoria are genius.)

Bring on Soar. I cannot *wait* to have a full team of Masterpiece Dinobots.

17. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

I used nail polish on the shoulder joints and hey are very tight, I checked the back piece and found no stress marks. I have to transform him to see if there are any problems.

18. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In situations like this it's important to remember how crucial perspective is. The posters on this mb represent maybe a a few hundred buyers, if that. And not all of us are reporting QC issues. So, of the (most likely) thousands of units of Scoria that were produced less than a hundred (give or take) are coming back with QC issues (reported ones anyway), which IMHO is not anything to be scared of. YMMV, but things like this are crucial to appreciate before deciding to buy, just as considering any major QC issues is. In other words, when/if you decide to get one yours may be completely fine. Mine is and I'd wager many more are besides. Just my two hay pennies.

19. Zavien

Zavien Veteran

News Credits:
    Really hope they take their time with soar. He's gonna have a huge wingspan plus the head with the beak. Sure would hate to pay $200 again and have loose everything on the next figure. Delays don't guarantee that things will be right. Please FT look over soar with a fine tooth comb.

20. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    There's no basis for the 100 units. That's pure speculation. The only people who know this are the retailers and FT. Some people have not even received theirs. Plus there are Chinese and customers from other countries who don't post here.

Perhaps some people here know of some Chinese boards. I can try to read what's going on over there.