Fans Toys FT-03 Quake Wave (Shockwave)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

QB came with one solid hand, which I swapped out for immediately after the transparent horror stories.
    The gun is still clear but hey ho, I may have a go at painting that up.
    He's gonna be my shockwave, I can't cancel my official pre-order now but he's gonna look like a matchstick bot next to QB.
    Le sigh indeed.

2. tadhgoc

tadhgoc Well-Known Member

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!:lol 

3. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    True, but imagine if FT were to get their hands on the designer who did mp shockwaves, oh man, ie Takara shockwave but with high premium feel built of silver (instead of cheap looking hablo gray) / diecast / and higher height (though personally I am fine wither either heights). Oh man, that would be the end of the line. I mean quakewave was like their first project, and if they were to redo it, oh man, imagine...(and no, they couldn't without getting the fandom angry who bought their quakewave). Hoping taker eventually does a clear version, can't afford the clear quakewave unfortunately.

4. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Quakewave is perfect except for the shape of the feet. Not the width just the shape. Knew i made the right choice with tbe t version for $135

5. BeastOfTheEast

BeastOfTheEast "Come here, and say that!"

Looking through DaimChoc's facebook pictures, Laserwave looks like a toy. Where as Quakewave/Quakeblast look/feel more like collectible pieces. Kind of scary to see the picture of the legs transformation showing how thin the plastic is. The thighs and feet are so thin/narrow making him almost feminine?! And it only comes up to MP-10's shoulder height? Also to use Bobby Skullface's favorite line, "The lack of paint is screaming at you!"

Not what I had envisioned as a masterpiece shockwave. I think the only thing it has going is an all-in-one transformation w/o parts-forming. I hope Weijiang or Kubianbao OS it to MP-10 size with thicker thighs plus wider feet made of die-cast.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  6. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    [​IMG]

7. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    would it be possible to swap the legs from quakeblast onto this? thinking of getting quakewave again as seen some really low prices on ebay and also quakeblast

obviously i would be repainting the whole figure if it is possible :D  and not bothered if it fucks up the transformation :) 

8. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw the Quakewave reissue in a store here in HK for around 50 USD. And to think that the going rate for this was once 300+.

9. ShanLan

ShanLan I is a WerWilf

:lol 

I'm waiting for my invoice from Amiami for him.... but I gotta say, I might be keeping my Quakewave right where he is on my display shelf, and Takara will end up with the boxed bots in the closet....

I like the toonishness of Lazerwave, he looks like he jumped out of the TV... but Quakewave just looks like he belongs with the rest of the official MPs to me. He's got a better height, and the slightly blockier legs and design cues just blend better IMO.

10. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree that Quakewave looks more premium and certainly feels premium. I'm glad I got a V1 copy. If Takara doesn't jack up the quality with MP Shockwave like they did Tracks and Hot Rod 2.0, I may pick it up but somehow I doubt that will be the case. Will MP Shockwave be a big hit or we will have to once again break out the Pledge polish on yet another official "Masterpiece" figure? Hey, I don't mind being proven wrong.

11. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Accept no imitations

News Credits:
    Need a few opinions here. Im rather disappointed with MP-29, its the colour and the size mostly. Looking at Quakewave and Quakeblast Im actually thinking of going 3rd party for the first time in my life.

So what do you guys think 'wave or 'blast?

12. duttry98

duttry98 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    For a very appealing "fit" on display, Quakewave all day!

13. Milyor

Milyor Well-Known Member

Kind of depends how much you value aesthetic accuracy to the cartoon model.
    I own Quakewave and from the waste up (apart from the hose which is fixable at the expense of the light up feature) he is very accurate. From the waste down Quakewave is less accurate especially from the knees down.
    Regardless of accuracy, in hand Quakewave is (IMO) an amazing figure, very well built & once in hand I found I really didn't notice the chunky legs.
    I'm getting TT Shockwave but my Quakewave is going nowhere!

14. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Takara Shockwave = almost pure toon
    FT Quakewave = fusion of cartoon and toy
    Cloud 9 Quakeblast = comic book Shockwave

15. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Accept no imitations

News Credits:
    Thanks for the advice all, I defiantly agree its the bottom half of Quakewave that bothers me, both 'wave and 'blast seem to have they're ups and downs but this....

Comic book Shockwave is what I'm after so that is good to hear.

16. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Having both, I prefer qb. Definitely cheaper but both have their merits. I bet if you wait a little longer, qw price will drop more. Pretty much everyone that wants one has it already so the rest are gonna shelfwarm.

17. Hound & Mirage

Hound & Mirage Rapscallion

Quakewave. Better build quality. Better looks overall.

18. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Well-Known Member

I have both and I definitely like Quakewave much more.

19. edwardelric880

edwardelric880 Well-Known Member

Well, I have MP-29 pre-ordered and will be happy to own him despite the debate going on about his various issues. However, I wasn't going to pass up the Quakewave I just scored off eBay new for $99 shipped from a US seller. I can't tell from the one pic posted by the seller of the box whether it's the original or reissue version but he listed it as new minus opening it to put the batteries in. I might try to see if I can find a Quakeblast for under $90 so I can have the Shockwave triplets surrounding Apollyon with guns raised with Megs being like "Oh shit!" once I get MP-29.

20. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    It was Quakeblast for me: Shocky needs his distinctive legs.

The quality difference is quite small, both are good. Go with whichever' looks you prefer.

There's really no wrong MP-style Shockwave between the three.