Fans Toys FT-03 Quake Wave (Shockwave)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Shogen

Shogen Wreck and Rule

This quakewave quakeblast shockwave subject is very sensitive. People taking things wrong and getting all kinds of angry for no reason. This should be a happy time lol.

2. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like Matty, I'm partial to Official over 3rd party if it's available. I currently have Quakewave in my collection, I'm not wowed by the official at the moment, though once more information comes out about it and some colored test shots are shown, things may change. That said, I still won't get rid of Quakewave, I'll just have two Shockwaves in my collection. Whichever one remains in the main display would be another question. Like I said previously, the lack of detailing on the official makes it difficult for me to see it fitting in with other MPs, but time will tell.

I think at this point, there's something to satisfy everyone.

3. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Ditto!

:thumb 

Why do you struggle to do so, it's not loyalty to me. As far as masterpieces are concerned, Takara have crushed every single effort of the third parties in terms of aesthetics, price and quality, MP-22 shits all over Shitzen Stacks, MP-21 all over Bii, maybe MP-27...it isn't as much of a landslide as I feel all the Ironhide efforts have their strengths and weakness but MP-27 does seem to get the most things right and with his cheaper price and more than likely better level of QC he would be smarter money for a sensible or a betting person.

Given this track record to me, everything I buy, third party, in theory is a place holder unless it's stuff that's very unlikely TT will do anytime soon because if anything...Takara have proven when they do it, they do it better than anyone and at a cheaper price with respectable quality and better aesthetics, it's that simple, it's not blind loyalty just track record, buddy!

I dunno, I used to think so but these days I'm not sure, I think TT just moves at it's own snail like pace with little or no regard to the third party efforts whatsoever. I think the MP-13 and the Acoustic wave was just sheer coincidence, honestly. My logic of thinking is that if an A-lister in the form of Crapollyon didn't as much as cause TT to bat an eyelid, what will really?

4. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    Am I the only one happy about this because its providing some much needed breathing time in between all the other MP style stuff due fourth quarter?

5. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    don't understand it either :confused:  we have 3 mp shockwves to choose from all of which look good

6. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

7. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

QFT! I have Quakewave, but I'm still excited about this Shockwave, the upper body looks very much like Quakewave, but the legs have been made more curvy like Quakeblast, it takes my favourite parts both designs. However, that doesn't mean I can't still enjoy QW for what it is, which is a very well-designed and well-executed toy. Also, it is part of 3P history just like FP CC & TFC Hercules, it marked the beginning of the 3P Masterpieces.

BTW, is that meant to be Hot Rod (carbot-sized) or Rodimus (OP-sized)? Hope Takara doesn't make another blunder like they did with MP-09.

8. Skyfire87

Skyfire87 Phase 6r

I have qw since the initial release and can say with certainty, he will never leave my collection. I will say, however, that I now won't be double dipping on him in a different color and will just be buying the official now as my second shockwave.

I think a lot of people are calling this a win or lose on both sides prematurely. Sure it's lacking detail. It's an early prototype... Why not wait until we see final shots before making that assumption...?

And in any case, why does there need to be a winner or loser? Why can't it just be about cool toys? Sometimes the official versions are better, sometimes third party is better (especially in scales other than mp). There's no clear better or worse just because one is official and one is third party. Unless you're just going by brand name and having a trademark on the bottom of your figures feet.

9. alex1984

I agree with you somewhat, but why do people need to call this a win or a lose at all? Surely we can like a figure without disliking the competition.

10. Skyfire87

Skyfire87 Phase 6r

I think you missed the last paragraph of my post.. ;) 

11. Deshawn

Deshawn Decepticon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The official cost more. Looking at Takaras track record on price I kinda saw that coming.

12. alex1984

Ah, there it is! Oops... :eek: 

13. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

For a long time there wasn't an alternative. Now there's two, IMO two better looking alternatives, and so, I'm looking to upgrade. Quakewave was good for its time, but it's an old design now, I'm confident new offerings will be an improvement. Also, QW is hella scary to transform, legwise.

edit: selling my QW V3, pm interest

14. Skyfire87

Skyfire87 Phase 6r

No worries. We agree. :) 

15. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

That middle finger is a prime example of what keeps the 3P market going. TT should have long ago gone with fully articulated hands with their larger MP's, but we've gone from hands with two points of articulation on the fingers to hands that have mini ball joints at the finger base so you get awesome posability. I love me TT MP's and buy them whenever they release one, but the officials are not always the best product or have the best features. YMMV

+1 official doesn't always mean better, especially because everyone's taste and idea of what the character should look like differs.

I've already done this on a couple of other boards but:

IF MP SW retails where MP-13 did (that was a confusing sentence), which is conservative as MP-13 would appear to be somewhat larger and included laserbeak you're looking at 15,800 yen MSRP.

current exchange rate gets you about $130. Add in the 20-30% discount Japanese retailers like AE/HLJ give you and that gets you down to about $95. Add on another $20-25 in shipping, that will get you to $120 if you import him.

the BBTS price may come down, but then again they sold MP-13 at around $175. It's more than likely MP-13 was part of their current price estimate. But if they lower it cuz the TT MSRP comes down, then likewise the Japanese retailer price will also come down.

So if you buy from places like BBTS or TFSource, you're probably looking at $160-175 for MP-SW vs QW. so comes down to what you prefer.

if you import... well different story.

16. evilgrin

evilgrin Active Member

I want the clear one & Takara one. I have a grey one, which is is really impressive in person, heavy and really high quality.

17. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    I feel bad. Don't preorder something then change your mind..

These fans ain't loyal

Oooooo these fans ain't loyal.

18. FallenRainDrops

FallenRainDrops Well-Known Member

Watch takara do repaints of Shockwave. Milkin' ittttt

19. Mighty Menasor

Mighty Menasor Menasor Searching....Crush & Destroy

All toy companies do that, fans like options & rarities and companies can milk the mold to afford new molds down the road. I have no probs with re-paints generally, there are a few exceptions though.

20. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I have a Quakewave and I really like it.

I'll be getting Laserwave, and I'm sure I'll really like it.

*shrug*