Fans toys customer service?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by kirsk1976, Jun 24, 2019.

1. kirsk1976

kirsk1976 Well-Known Member

So I recently purchased a FT 10 phoenix reissue and it was delivered on the 10th. It was missing a piece to attach the backpack to the neck. Ive contacted tfsource who I bought from. Sent a direct message to FT via Facebook, sent and email to FT about the issue and dm'd dalianjj on here and nothing. Is this truly how they handle things. I'm mean thier figures are great but for what they cost I'm not sure I'm willing to take that kind of gamble again.

Thoughts??? 0615192056.jpg

Attached Files:

2. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Surprised that none of them responds but isn't TFsource supposed to get it right no matter what? Could you give them a call?

3. kirsk1976

I havent found a phone number for them. I did send another email to them to see if I could get a swap out for one thats still in stock.

4. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

Sometimes TFSource takes a bit to answer emails but they're usually pretty good about it so I don't think they're ignoring you.

Here is their phone number if you're a calling kind of person (I know I am). Sometimes if you get them at a busy time you will get an answering machine but they've ALWAYS called me back

TFSource: 1-651-464-6961

Usually FT's is pretty quick to answer a part request on the board here. Not going to make excuses but maybe he's busy. He IS just one guy and he probably gets lots of requests. Personally I'd try TFSource first and if you can't get anywhere (which I doubt will be the case...they're good about this sort of things. You just have to jump through the hoops before you get to the exchange part). If not, then I'd reach out to their rep here again and see where it gets you. I miss a lot of PM's myself because I get so many sometimes.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. kirsk1976

Thanks boomerdave. I'll try them in the morning.

6. boomerdave

Sure! I usually have pretty good luck with them as I've gotten a couple lemons before and I'm hardly one of their BEST customers or anything. Usually you'll get a rep who will get you in touch with Rob (that will take a day or so to get an answer from him). He's always done right by me though so I'd be really surprised to hear they will hose you on this one. :) 

7. Razzadazza

Razzadazza Well-Known Member

When I snapped the wing on Soar, I contacted Dalianjj on here and it took a couple of days for him to respond, but when he did, he had already looked into the part I needed and had all the details ready for me to get it replaced. I had to pay for the part (As I had broke it myself) but it was only £5 delivered for the entire wing assembly, so my experience with their customer service has been excellent

• Like Like x 1
  8. 18inchcombiner

18inchcombiner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gigapower and Fans Toys both really helped me out when I had enough bots from them to get qc issues.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rasbot

Rasbot Well-Known Member

I was missing the 2 back wings on my ftx. Sent an email to FT, went to bed and there was a reply that morning. You'll be taken care of by them.

10. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

Ebay:
    You mean:

T-H-E-T-D-O R-E-P-L-Y T-O Y-O-U-R E-M-A-I-L-S

?!

• Like Like x 1
  11. boomerdave

Nah that only happens if you order like 7 KO Ironhides.....

[​IMG]

Then I'm all like this:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  12. MacrossA

MacrossA Well-Known Member

Yeah, I messaged once because my Sovereign has a paint chip on his face and crotch out of package and I bought new, but on eBay-seller didn't replace. I contacted FansToys because I wanted the faceplate replaced and never got a reply... Would love a new crotch piece as well since most others I've seen have paint chipping in the chest...

Attached Files:

13. Mentasm

Mentasm I check in, but I don't check out.

My Sovereign had that exact chip out of the box, but I never did get it swapped out...

14. MacrossA

MacrossA Well-Known Member

I tried to paint match it, but have had no luck yet

15. ByLaw77

ByLaw77 Well-Known Member

Has anyone had luck contacting FT service lately? I received a MISB figure from a retailer last week, and one of the joint screws was completely stripped and the limb would not stay on. I emailed [email protected] nearly a week ago and haven't heard a peep. From the comments above, that appears unusual, as people rave about FT service (this is my first time needing to contact them). I know dalianjj has been MIA - is the whole company on sabbatical?

16. Lando22404

Lando22404 Well-Known Member

Just a heads up that China May Day holiday runs 5/1-5/5. So don’t expect anything this week.

17. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I emailed this morning and got a response a few hours later.

18. sithfire30

sithfire30 Well-Known Member

They've been pretty quick with their responses the few times I have contacted them via email at [email protected]...

They usually charge 10.00 for the parts requested and give a shipping window of about 10-12 weeks to arrive, no tracking. I have yet to receive any of the parts that have supposedly shipped but it hasn't fallen into that 10-12 week timespan which will be mid to late May.