Fans Hobby MB-17 Meg-Tyranno (Armada Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by MrDipnSlip, May 9, 2020.

1. Duranvolt

Duranvolt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Man that Galvatron digibash looks good. There's no way they don't put him out in those colors later on right? RIGHT?!

Told myself I wouldn't get anymore recolors but don't think I'd be able to resist if they do put out 2...

• Like Like x 7
  2. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still wish his shoulder treads were actually attached to his shoulders like the original toy. I want to support this so that 3rd Party can trust that there's a market for Armada figures but he just doesn't seem as close to the cartoon/toy design for my tastes for me to want to buy it. I do think every new update is an improvement though, and those digibashes do look pretty sweet. I think he matches well with their take on Armada Prime though, in the deviations from the original design.

I do hope that Naval Commander and this figure do well though so maybe Fans hobby will do some more Armada updates. No one ever seems to mention Armada Scavenger but he was one of my favourite characters from the cartoon, which hurt even more that his figure was pure trash, so any update to that design would be an improvement.

I'm still holding out hope for that Armada Prime to be released by Hasbro/Takara, the one that was revealed alongside Star Convoy, and hope that Hasbro may do a more faithful update to Armada Megatron eventually.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see how they'd be able to do that without impeding the arm movement. The best I can think of is what they did with their Scourge/G2 Prime. And I'd I think he's pretty accurate minus the ab section and the blade arms, even more so than Naval Commander. Especially the head although it would probably be easier to tell with up-close shots or higher quality photos.
    159862289_156144239688330_1290004286704327950_n.jpg [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  4. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

The shoulders arn't going to change and you're not interested enough to support Fans Hobby.

So... why are you still here? All you're doing is frustrating yourself, this will never be what you want.

Hopefully alot of other people are interested enough to support Fans Hobby, I cant wait for this and I'd like to see a Thrust and Starscream happen.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love to see Fans Hobby to Demolisher to go with this guy and a Starscream.
    Poor guy hasn't gotten a toy since 2006.
    Demolishor-AR-DVD.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  6. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

Absolutely! Give me a Demolisher! I want Fans Hobby to make them all. Sideways is the one I want most, but I can't see him getting made before a Starscream/Thundercracker.

• Like Like x 3
  7. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

I have all the color variants in a crate somewhere.

8. Lockdown91

News Credits:
    Morbid curiosity more than anything is why I'm still here. I've been watching this thread since it was first teased as a shadowy picture, Armada Megatron is one of my all time favourite TF designs as well as the character probably being one of my top ten, there isn't many representation of this design around.

Like I said, with every update it continues to impress me, maybe just not enough for me to want to buy it...yet. I'm glad they've already changed the shoulders since the original prototype, and again, like I said, the digibashes actually did wonders for the mold (I know they're not official and just fan digibashes but gives a good indication nonetheless)

I simply stated an opinion on something I am potentially interested in and hoping through watching the updates I may be pushed into getting this figure *shrug* I presume I'm not the only one in this thread who may be on the fence?

Anddddd also like I said...I hope if it's successful that they may go on to do other Armada characters (or Unicron trilogy in general) because not many other companies (Including Hasbro) focus on the UT.

I also agree on Thrust, that squidhead needs some love and attention.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    While not connected, if you look at his back, you can see that the treads do have a number of hinges that would allow it.to follow the shoulder forward and back to keep the appearance that they're attached, or sit behind the shoulders like his (the fucking masterpiece that is) original boxart

• Like Like x 3
  10. Lockdown91

News Credits:
    You know what, having a second glance (more like twentieth) you're right about the hinges, that is probably a good compromising way to do it... Colour me more intrigued.

Also you mean this one? I guess that does point to some precedent for him having separate shoulders and treads in some iterations of the design.

0.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  11. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    If they manage to fix/update their Armada Optimus and make sure this new toy doesn't suffer the same sort of QC issues, I might be tempted to get both...

2303231.png

12. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Theyve already begun production on sturdier parts and are expected to release the second run in April

• Like Like x 6
  13. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    8092996.png

14. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Screenshot_20210318-181244_Instagram.jpg Clever idea, looks pretty damn good
    Edit: lucky draw colors too

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  15. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

That lucky draw would be very out there even for Fans Hobby, but I actually think I would buy it. I know I’m hooked for Powerlinx repaints and have let them know as such :D 

I think my only issue with Meg-Tyranno (still getting used to the name) is that Leader-1 can’t Powerlinx to the top of the cannon for the spinning turret mode thing he does, but I kinda like what they’ve done where he can sit on top in robot mode and he has a flip out missile launched to use. The little handle they added is cute :D 

• Like Like x 2
  16. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Pretty sure he can, we just haven't seen it yet. The port is present there, may have a spring loaded plug to keep the appearances up

• Like Like x 2
  17. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

It looks more like a handle to rotate rather than a minicon port, I wonder if the turret has a mechanism inside that will spin it like on the old toy?

18. Gzstg

Gzstg Well-Known Member

I need to pay attention more damn thats a cool design. I hope it doesn't suffer from the problems Prime did.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Unless they rush it for a CNY release it /shouldn't/

• Like Like x 3
  20. Reaper6

Reaper6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I really hope we get a Megazarak version of this. I'm in for the Galvatron colors either way (Something about the green on Armada Megatron never sat right with me.)

• Like Like x 1