FANS HOBBY MB-15 Naval Commander (Armada Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blitzjoans, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Gzstg

Gzstg Well-Known Member

I like this idea though I would replace hot shot with starscream for the star saber mini-cons as he seemed the most attached to him. the rest I agree with though. I hope they make all the characters from the start of the show. Optimus, Red Alert, Hot Shot, Smokescreen for the Autobots, and Megatron, Starscream, Cyclonus, Demolisher for the Depecticons.

• Like Like x 2
  2. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

it feels to late into production to add it to the main figure however it could definitely be part of an add on set

• Like Like x 1
  3. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Oh $#!* what are we gonna do now?

I do agree with you, either would be cool. I only decided to go with Hot Shot because he’d be smaller than Starscream theoretically and it’d give an incentive to to buy the smaller guys. I just remembered that Optimus tasked Hot Shot with looking after the Starsaber for a good portion of the show.

Yeah, I feel that at this point we’re more likely to see different repaints being made rather than design changes and feature additions but at the same time it’s probably not too much trouble for them to add him. I have to say that if they made a Powerlinx repaint with Over-Run included I’d probably be way more likely to buy it even though with that I’m already prepared to buy multiple just to support them.

I still get a feeling that upgrade kits for this potential line will literally be just Mini-Con teams, or at least the main ones. Maybe an alternate head for Optimus in his super mode with the long pipe ears instead of the fins or stuff like that.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gzstg

Gzstg Well-Known Member

either would work for me as well I remember Starscream more though since he fled with them when he switched sides. I hope this is something they do regardless of who they put the mini-cons with.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

Considering that Optimus his trailer is not needed for the combination with Jetfire and Overload, I'd say a bendy related release for Optimus makes sense especially since that would be the correct way to release Overrun.

(But maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to get this, but not wanting to pay for a trailer that I don't want and would never use and cannot sell by itself.)

• Like Like x 3
  6. pinkerZ

pinkerZ Member

How much articulation is in the Super mode of this figure?

7. RoboW4rrior298

We currently don’t know, but apparently there will be a test shot coming in the next few weeks. Whether “that’s just Prime” (yes I know, pun fully intended) by himself or the whole set we don’t know.

By the looks of it I’d assume pretty basic standard such as ankle pivot, swivel thighs etc. I wonder to what extent we will get for a waist swivel, and I bet it won’t be a full 360. It doesn’t need to be though. Not sure about the knees however but probably a slightly under 90 degree bend limited by the parts hanging off of the back.

I actually prefer the split design they’ve gone for on the back parts compared to the trench coat style of the original. It won’t look as awkward in an action pose. I can’t believe I missed that the base “tower” isn’t hanging out on his back like the original toy, oddly looks a lot cleaner and more natural to me.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Tigerkaiser

Tigerkaiser Well-Known Member

Payday, so I've put the deposit down for this today, and am quite excited for it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RoboW4rrior298

Mine is paid also! It makes me giddy, I wonder if this is how original G1 kids felt about MP-01 back in the day? Let alone MP-10 and the apparently smaller group for MP-44.

• Like Like x 2
  10. pinkerZ

pinkerZ Member

Ok, read thought all 66 pages so far, and I just got one more question. Does the Base Figure have a swivel or no? Also that waist seems a little thin.

11. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

i could be wrong but i think this is the only image that somewhat demonstrates a waist swivel as the waist is slightly tilted
    MB-15Pre-orderbasemode03_160x.jpg
    i imagine it does and it probably uses a similar technique to the tank swivel from their overlord

edit: i now realize my image is to small

• Like Like x 7
  12. t040484

t040484 Active Member

Not really. Back in the day, i remember saving up my money for weeks to buy just 1 figure.
    That happy and excited feelings stays with me for some time. Nowadays, i usually open the figure, and immediately lost interest after transforming it a couple times.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RoboW4rrior298

I can relate on the transforming and losing interest. It’s very rare that I don’t feel that way anymore.

I made the comparison because I heard that MP-01 was a huge deal way back when, because it was unheard of and considering that this design (Armada) hasn’t really gotten much attention in what like 18 years now? I thought it was a fair comparison. I mean really those who grew up with G1 were necessarily waiting since the mid 80’s for something like that.

I don’t feel like I will get tired of this figure even if over time it becomes apparent there are design flaws not only with the design but the actual figure itself like materials or weak design choices. I’ve only waited since 2004 at most somewhat unconsciously.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RoboW4rrior298

Looks like the test shot is just the core Optimus according to their Instagram.

Also the first glimpse of the Matrix and Matrix chamber!

C03845C4-884D-4AEA-B214-323C191B63DD.png 2F07B7C2-3AE2-499D-A5C9-76EC58394261.png 0AB752BC-3F5F-41C5-9E5E-89AFDEAA3E12.png

• Like Like x 9
  15. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  16. RoboW4rrior298

Third image in the middle at the top, it’s on the lower part

17. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

...That looks more like the G1 Matrix than the Armada Matrix. -_- Maybe it'll look right in color, but if they color it like the G1 Matrix too, I'm gonna crucify an MP-44.

• Like Like x 2
  18. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Ah, there it is. Thanks.
    Given how stylized this figure is I think we'll just have to wait and see.

• Like Like x 2
  19. RoboW4rrior298

I think that it’s definitely a Fans Hobby flipping the script again with design choice again, but I honestly hope that the Matrix crystal will be clear instead of a blue. I’d be honestly happy if they went with an LED in yellow or white. I’m going to ask them about this and see what they have in mind.

No problem! I didn’t notice it myself until the third glance because I was taking in the part count. I wonder if they will put diecast? I don’t think they did with Powerbaser I’ll have to dig him out.

20. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

Could you maybe give them a little reminder that the Matrix is gold in Armada too? I guess I could paint it myself if I must, but if it's literally just another G1 Matrix, it kind of sends the message that they don't really care about Armada and are just looking to tap into a profitable, low-competition. market.

As for the crystal, if we're talking colors I'd hope for what I call "Gundam Teal," a green-ish light blue, as in the anime, it's blue when "on standby," but glows green, oddly. If it had an LED though, it could just straight up just be light blue with a green LED.

• Like Like x 2