FANS HOBBY MB-15 Naval Commander (Armada Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blitzjoans, Dec 15, 2018.

1. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. williammmw

williammmw MuderPrimus

News Credits:
    It's the same picture they posted in FB last week but repost into their Weibo. I really hope that this is not the final design

• Like Like x 1
  3. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Oh $#!* what are we gonna do now?

The thing about the original Sparkplug is that for his size he’s pretty much perfect, I guess they got carried away with doing their own thing. It’s nice to have extra joints for sure but the smaller something is with more moving parts the more fiddly it can be.

• Like Like x 1
  4. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry. TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Still not big on that Sparkplug but I'd be lying if I said it was ever gonna see robot mode in my display anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  5. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I think it's designed with that in mind, the robot mode is an afterthought and the car mode is awesome and it powerlinks in car mode so that's where he will likely stay.

• Like Like x 3
  6. RoboW4rrior298

I always thought that Sparkplug was more of a stylised Murcielago than a Gallardo but it’s still pretty nice to see they cared enough about him to give him a realistic alt mode.

I’d love to see them include Overrun too as like a surprise gift for the first production run and a nod to “bendy” Prime. I still have the Micron Desentsu version I found at a second hand store MISB like 4 years ago. I love that figure.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Gzstg

Gzstg Well-Known Member

that's where he is staying when I get him. I still have the original sparkplug for a robot mode display.

• Like Like x 2
  8. RoboW4rrior298

Honestly, I’m probably going to buy a third Sparkplug from eBay to go with this guy. I have one with super base Prime and then the other one I got for “Bendy” Prime to complete the PS2 custom I did like last year.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

Interesting idea. You should suggest that. The time window for suggestions is closing quickly.

• Like Like x 3
  10. RoboW4rrior298

Way ahead of you, I did not long after I posted here. I’m just waiting on their response now.

It’d add something extra to the base mode. Not to mention they could do a Run-Over version to add to a Nemesis repaint.

*EDIT* they responded, they might be doing it!

15996CC2-6202-42F9-8FDF-8AE5422BDD87.png

I never knew these guys were this active in their social media towards fans, let alone take suggestions more seriously. They must have chosen their name for a reason.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  11. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

I really hope they don't do that. I want them to release the cabrobot by itself as a nod to Bendy Prime, and include Overrun with that release.

I still have my Final Battle Optimus Prime (and the Ultra Magnus deco of Bendy) as my only Armada Autobots. And I have no idea where the trailer for FB Prime is. Perhaps somewhere in the attic, or maybe I took it apart for parts...I don't know. I never liked the look of the trailer, the trailerbase or the supermode. I likewise will not buy this Fans Hobby figure, because of that exact same reason. But a stand alone cab robot, I will absolutely buy. Preferably in any other colour but the classic Optimus colours.

• Like Like x 2
  12. RoboW4rrior298

They might release a PS2 repaint with just Sparkplug and Overrun as a con exclusive, since in the game the trailer is never seen, used or mentioned but considering that I myself personally want the full package for an update of this version of Optimus I’d prefer them to go all out.

13. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

I'd assume, at this point that they'd include Over-Run with either Overload or Jetfire, since they are meant to combine with Prime. At a guess I'd assume Overload, since Rolout has a weapon mode as well.

• Like Like x 3
  14. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Not that it doesn't look like a standard customer service response "yeah sure we'll think about that" but fingers crossed

• Like Like x 2
  15. RoboW4rrior298

Yeah, I think at this point in development it might not be released with this first release. Maybe with a Nemesis version. I’d hope that they would include a Dark Starsaber in the place of Sparkplug.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

Also I kinda hope that with the future releases, they release their own versions of the Minicon Combiner weapons, perhaps the air defense team with Megatron (possibly with a second clear blue blade to plug into the hilt for cartoon accuracy), the Race team with Jetfire and the Space Team with Overload.

• Like Like x 3
  17. RoboW4rrior298

That would be nice, but even nicer if we got them with characters they’re somewhat significant to. If they were to make more figures I’d personally want those teams to come with smaller figures like Hot Shot and Smokescreen. Hot Shot with the Starsaber, and I love the idea of a blue blade to plug into Sonar (I believe he’s the one that firms the hilt?)

Smokescreen primarily looked after the Race Team/Skyboom Shield in the show from what I remember so to me that makes sense.

I agree with Overload maybe getting the Space Team since it could be a reference to the Energon repaints coming with Ultra Magnus.

Super hyped for more figures, I’d like at least Hot Shot, Red Alert, Cyclonus and Starscream to follow.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 1BLD

1BLD Well-Known Member

I remember some special releases packing a deluxe and a team into the same box, at least for Micron Legend. So it wouldn't go amiss to take the same tactic here, if it's somehow more efficient for them to do releases this way. There's potentially a lot of teams to cover, but my primary interest would be for the special weapon teams. Skyboom first, since it's show model was the most divergent from the toy

• Like Like x 1
  19. RoboW4rrior298

I still have a Micron Legend Blurr and Smokescreen I think MISB and yes they do come with teams. I don’t remember which they are however. I think at least the special weapon teams and then the human partners at the very least. The base mode will be pretty empty without.

• Like Like x 1
  20. 1BLD

1BLD Well-Known Member

Yeah. The good thing is that this MP isn't necessarily an increase in size as well as quality, their Sparkplug seems to be of comparable size to the original. So while we wait and hope for new and improved takes (with some FH flair of course), we can populate things with classic Minicons in the interim.

A lot of my favourite minicons were ones with really novel, often articulation unfriendly, transformation schemes. Guys like Bonecrusher, whose transformation wouldn't be so smooth if his hips were on ball joints.

Man, I want a new armada Bonecrusher now. And a Makeshift, I lost him so quickly and he was such a cool VTOL targetmaster guy, with giant claw hands.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 2