FANS HOBBY MB-15 Naval Commander (Armada Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blitzjoans, Dec 15, 2018.

1. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I thought about this but didn't know if such things were done in this industry. That would explain a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Plaiskool1201

Plaiskool1201 Well-Known Member

Damn you bought 3 copies??!??

edit: well I’m getting a new cab section from fanshobby atleast. Might aswell order batteries to since I’m gonna have to replace the head anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  3. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

Yes I bought 3, as I originally intended to only buy two as I loved the packaging so much I wanted one to display MISB for the nostalgia. I bought a third because I was hoping that the QC problems were a mileage may vary and not affecting every copy so if one broke I wouldn’t be out of a figure while I got that fixed.

Not to mention Armada Prime is probably my favourite Transformer design of all time as it has it all as in the best gimmick (in my opinion) that Transformers has ever had with Mini-Cons, a base mode, a super mode and a cool looking truck and trailer.

Wanted to do my part to support more third party Armada designs going forward too, and so in my eyes these extra copies have however minuscule increased the chance of getting more of this.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Plaiskool1201

No doubt armada was definitely my g1 I’m definitely still gonna get megatron.. I’m still debating whether to get double evil and will most likely get Energon prime just because.
    I wish they invested heavily into armada an redid the 3 weapon mini con teams aswell but jetfire an overload will be a treat

• Like Like x 3
  5. RoboW4rrior298

Definitely getting Megatron too as Armada is also my G1. I’ll probably buy at least two of Megatron, and I’m also getting Energon Prime too.

No attachment to him like Armada as I moved onto other franchises growing up and came back for the middle of Cybertron due to one of my childhood friends having all the figures as he was a spoiled kid. I just want to support something different in the third party scene.

If they do a Cybertron Prime I will definitely grab that too, since I liked that design quite a lot. It’ll be between TNR Commander of Stars and Fanshobby on that one though.

Also, definitely pick up Double Evil. He’s really great. I sold mine because he was too big to fit into my growing collection so I sold him but I regret that deeply.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Plaiskool1201

I’m really close to pulling the trigger on him. I watched the whole unicorn trilogy but it was really underwhelming after armada plot wise. That tnr cybertron prime does look sick. I love how this is comparable in size as the super class armada prime it shows how we went from having giant bricks to smoother articulated figures in just a decade.

• Like Like x 2
  7. RoboW4rrior298

I do think out of the 3 Armada had the most solid storyline, especially if you also take into account what the Dreamwave comics added to the lore even if it’s not exactly canon to the cartoon. I’m probably biased and blinded by nostalgia, but in terms of the character design I really think that Energon and Cybertron didn’t really match up to Armada. There are a few gems for sure like Cybertron Optimus, Energon Megatron (not too bad imo) and Cybertron Override.

I love to collect the Armada figures I never had, and recently picked up all 3 Max-Con seekers MISB on eBay so really looking forward to those showing up.

I usually hate repaints of seekers as it seems kinda lazy but Armada actually gave each shown seeker a personality and differentiated them from each other similar to what Animated did but just not the same way. I’d buy all the Fanshobby seekers if they do make him.

I just really want updated Mini-Con teams from these guys. I’m really loving the Sparkplug that came with Naval Commander.

• Like Like x 1
  8. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Armada, Energon... Will they do Cybertron too? That'd be awesome, especially if they end up making the figures Prime was combining with...

9. RoboW4rrior298

We’ve got Armada Overload and Jetfire on the way to go with Optimus, but I think that we might see some Cybertron designs later on.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Them starting Cybertron will probably happen at best when their Energon Prime is close to release. And that's if they don't prioritize other Armada/Energon characters first.

For now for Cybertron there's either Maketoys Cybertron Starscream (if you can find one), and TR-02. But seeing as that one just came back from the dead it's uncertain when he will come out.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  11. Plaiskool1201

The energon star gimmick was lame and the powerlinx idea is cool an all but it just didn’t feel like transformers because all the combined robots were oddly proportioned, optimus primes core robot mode looked like he had a beer gut and his prime force drone was just to much. I only want Energon prime because of his combined mode with wing saber. I’ll definitely get an Energon megatron though since he was my favorite design out of all 3 megatrons.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Plaiskool1201

The siege galaxy prime was a poor redeco of ultra magnus sadly...it’s like power master prime from the last toy line all over again. I wish hasbro continued with the hybrid style series... that was hands down the best cybertron prime to date..

• Like Like x 3
  13. idkwdya

idkwdya It belongs in a museum!

Instagram:
    So I got a response from my retailer (TheChosenPrime) and they said they are expecting large amounts of FIXED replacement parts as well as core figures in the near future. Which honestly if I can get a fixed figure without a single cracking issue, fantastic. I want to love this figure and I would if the issues weren’t there. So opted to be put on the replacement part list for the time being and boxed up my copy so not further damage happens.

I’ll definitely update everyone here when those start to happen too.

• Like Like x 5
  14. idkwdya

Instagram:
    I received a message via Facebook this morning from FansHobby with the following:

8DBE6BAB-323A-4D65-ABF0-8D54B656D473.jpeg 64C26DDE-5F8D-49DD-BDE3-87B1351788C9.jpeg 92997158-712F-410D-83A2-10C09D0328DE.png

My only concern now are the core robots legs with the combined mode hands. I’m hoping they address that as well. But this is great news regardless!

• Like Like x 4
  15. buttmunch109

buttmunch109 Mediocre artist

So I got the message as well about the replacement parts, my biggest concern is how the hell are we supposed to get the plugs out of the thighs? I know they'll just be thrown out but I don't want to completely destroy them

16. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

Wasn't there 1 more pic with the core bot hips and legs in their official statement?

• Like Like x 1
  17. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic Well-Known Member

Looks like they're sending you replacement sets A and D. You'll probably need to request other letters for other parts.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Will you need to? It looks like they're giving replacement screws

19. idkwdya

Instagram:
    Right after I messaged them about the combined mode hands, they sent this. It sounds like they’ve got mostly everything covered! Part B sounds like it’ll be core robot legs as well.
    B6BD8D5D-55E9-478E-80CB-4B14B54129AD.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So his shins are the only problem free area, correct? Wonderful..

• Like Like x 2