FANS HOBBY MB-15 Naval Commander (Armada Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blitzjoans, Dec 15, 2018.

1. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    It’s literally the quality of the plastic on the core robot. It’s so unlike Fanshobby, I’m just glad the container and Sparkplug don’t have any issues.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Plaiskool1201

Plaiskool1201 Well-Known Member

For the most part mine is perfectly fine
    I even accidentally dropped the cab off my bedside onto wood floors and everything still holding perfectly

3. Plaiskool1201

I feel like they released it to soon for the fans that were dying for a early q1 release I wouldn’t have mind if they held off on release if it meant avoiding these issues

• Like Like x 4
  4. Operative294

Operative294 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  5. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Check the comments, he says he doesn't have any cracks.
    I agree. It's the core robot that has all the issues. It's definitely the plastic that responsible. The plastic is very easily stressed and it doesn't stand any pressure. Very weird from FH.

6. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

At risk of tempting fate I've had mine since Friday, no obvious cracking, I am giving him a gentle touch and will mostly be keeping him in super mode (I keep a selection of figures on the table I have next to my chair so he will take up too much space and I won't have room for other things like food if I have him in other modes).

• Like Like x 1
  7. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Look what I found in storage lol. A sealed box of Armada trading cards. Gonna put them up for sale A3AF26E6-3FF3-4804-9DA6-2125CEE770AC.png

• Like Like x 11
  8. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    How much? I’m quite interested!

9. Grendel163

Grendel163 Galactic Transcender

I decided to return my unopened Naval Commander to where I purchased it. No questions asked. Bummer, I was waiting for this ever since it was first announced. Hopefully after April, everything will be all fine.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gokai Tahu

Gokai Tahu Emotionally compromised

It's really a shame that a lot of people are going to have massive doubts about fanshobby after one crappy figure. Absolutely the defects are unacceptable, but they've made strides to begin repairing that, and I honestly really hope that this ordeal doesn't negatively impact their rep too much.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Gzstg

Gzstg Autobot Historian, Armada Dub Defender

all these reports are making me sad. though BBTS still has there listed as pre order so maybe they will get the second run and not the first.

12. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I wonder if they're worth anything.

13. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    I got lucky with mine, he’s still able to be transformed and messed with I just wish I didn’t have to be so careful with the core robot unlike I was with their Power Baser and Double Evil. I cannot wait to see if the fix they provide completely removes the QC issues but I doubt that. Most likely the second run.

I just hope he sold enough and will sell enough if people have hope for the second run to warrant a V2 down the line with more paint (the core robot could do with more defined eyes for sure!), improved tolerances (stuff like diecast for the trailer hinges instead of plastic that @Kuma Style had a bad time with) and maybe an alternate head for the core robot? I’d like to see how a blue eyed head would look or just a more angular one.

Only real issue I have with Naval Commander is that the LED function in the super mode head seems to be kinda dull, and that might just be the batteries but unfortunately only cheap brands make the right size batteries so they’re not gonna be great to begin with. I think it was definitely a tacked on addition further down the line but it’s nice to have.

I wonder if Megatron will have optional LED eyes? I’d love that personally. Wish Naval Commander had an LED function in his blaster instead of the launcher gimmick though.

14. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    Yes I’d want at least a laughing and a shouting face, and would take that over LED eyes if they had to choose. I think it will look much better when they next show him off, kinda okay with him not being an extremely obvious H-tank though I think they’ve adapted the alt mode really nicely.

I’ve ordered a Combiner Wars Armada Megatron from eBay to go with NC for the time being.

I’m really hoping that they do Starscream..I’d get all the repaints too!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Plaiskool1201

So after transforming this guy back an forth damn near everyday,I notice my hinges on both sides are starting to crack and the tab that connects the core robot arms to the back for super mode snapped off so definitely do not transform him to much or you WILL damage something the plastic is just really weak tolerance wise. Bummer now gotta email fanshobby myself.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Plaiskool1201

I think takara legends has a blue armada star scream

17. God Orion

Ebay:
    Such a shame. I hope we'll get a good fix. At this point I don't know what they can do other than changing everyone's core bot. All the issues appear on him only.

18. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    I’m going to have to check those on mine now, I haven’t noticed any before however. It never ends...

I was referring to Fans Hobby but I’d quite like to get that legends one myself.

I genuinely think that they’ll have to, the trailer at least in my experience is really solid. Not worried about it at all and I’m already mindful of how I manipulate those grey hinges. I don’t separate the trailer base in combined mode so he has a long solid cape but I kinda prefer it, easier to use the waist swivel in super mode. I’m surprised that Sparkplug is holding up well too, I am worried about the ball joints and the way the arms work though wouldn’t take much effort to shear a peg off.

If they send out a core bot with better plastic he’d be perfect, although in all honesty I’d much prefer to get a new trailer as well to ensure that it’s all good. I’ve kept him in an A stance in super mode for the most part since he’s awesome to look at but I might go over the joints tonight and see if there’s any cracks forming elsewhere not seen yet.

Of all the figures that could have been this dodgy it had to be my most anticipated in the past two years...really praying that Megatron turns out better.

*EDIT* no cracks or stress on those blue arm tabs on my copy, however I guess that’s now an area to watch out for. I’m not sure if it’s me or they are worse but the chest hinges look worse in a few places..

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. God Orion

Ebay:
    Agreed. The best would be to get a complete new figure but that would cost way too much for them so I don't see that happening. Even getting a new core bot is highly unlikely. I would be ready to send them my old one if needed though.

• Like Like x 2
  20. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    Not sure how I’d go about dealing with mine if they decided to recall, but I can’t see that happening either it would be too complicated. I hope that this doesn’t turn Fans Hobby into Maketoys and they go under..

• Like Like x 1