FANS HOBBY MB-15 Naval Commander (Armada Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blitzjoans, Dec 15, 2018.

1. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I just realized what Naval Commander's plastic reminds me of... Fans Toys Tesla. No wonder it's cracking.

2. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks a lot for this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Plaiskool1201

Plaiskool1201 Well-Known Member

The core robot itself is fantastic I almost wanna get another copy just to load up the base mode full of mini cons, would be such a nice display.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic Well-Known Member

Already begun, the 3P MiniCon wars has.

5. Plaiskool1201

Plaiskool1201 Well-Known Member

Haha I wish I woulda kept my old star saber/requiem blaster mini cons.. I’m just using the current micro masters atm

• Like Like x 1
  6. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

It’s a working solution for getting the grill in place for all the modes but surely they could have come up with something more refined? It just doesn’t feel sturdy enough for a Fans Hobby product imo.

I’ve just discovered that the core bot actually can do a full 360 at the waist if you get the locking tabs slid out far enough.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  7. TJBacon

TJBacon Well-Known Member

Just noticed the right index finger on the core bot has begun cracking on mine, too.

8. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I ask Fans Hobby on Facebook and they did say that the April release of Naval Commander will be much more closely looked at to ensure that he doesn't have any of the major QC issues that the first release did. So good news for those who either per-ordered later or from Showz, sorry to everyone who got issues with the first run though.

• Like Like x 9
  9. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

If FH is smart, they will modify their 3P sparksplug so that the botched first edition becomes a highly sought after variant.
    And if this succeeds, you can expect 3P minicons to appear everywhere after that :) 

10. TJBacon

Did they say anything about their plans to address all the issues with the first batch? I would ask myself, but don't have Facebook.

• Like Like x 1
  11. RoboW4rrior298

Prefer this look for truck mode, much closer to the original toy with the button logo on top of the truck. Can be done for robot mode too.

I will be displaying mine like this.

BC44B3BF-7F57-44F8-AA4D-5738607EBF56.jpeg 748906E7-8BD3-40FF-8B14-D3872CE16609.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  12. Reaper6

Reaper6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It's looking like waiting out for the second batch has been the right way to go. Hopefully Fanshobby will be able to circumvent the issues of the first run. Especially considering that even with all this mess I'm still thinking about getting 4 of them eventually.

• Like Like x 4
  13. God Orion

Ebay:
    Ok, so basically the plastic is crap on this figure. Or the injection has gone wrong? Injection speed too high maybe?
    Oh great! But I supported them and bought the first one. So I will have a figure, I will get replacement parts, but each time something else cracks, I will have to wait for more replacement parts... This is such a letdown.

14. God Orion

Ebay:
    4? One for each mode?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The waiting game continues. I'll probably just wait for reviews of the 2nd run as well to truly see if the issues are resolved. What I think that sucks about toys is that sometimes cracks don't appear until years after you bought the toy and they usually happen out of the blue.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Reaper6

Ebay:
    roughly one copy (different color schemes ideally) for each possible combination that I want to display. A regular one for regular super mode, a Powerlinx/Mortal Combat for Jet Convoy, an Energon for Megaweapon, and a fourth one (depending on what's available) for Magna Jet Convoy.

17. TJBacon

Years I'm kind of okay with because that's so long for wear and tear to do its thing. But a crack out the box then multiple after 3 or 4 transformations? Inexcusable.

18. RoboW4rrior298

Looks like I’m fortunate that the cracks on mine haven’t been getting worse, at least not visibly. I’m still going to ask for the replacement parts because of all the figures I own, it would be this one that I wouldn’t want to feel like I’m holding figure made of glass.

I definitely think it’s the red and white plastic rather than the hinges now. I mean, maybe both but my experience tells me that they didn’t pick the best. The blue seems fine however.

One annoying thing I’ve come across is that there are so many parts that just aren’t secured. I’ve had the thigh pieces on the super pants come off, the left shin on the super mode leg, one side of the bumper on the core chest slides off the slider and the tips of the smokestacks can come off if I’m not careful. These were definitely rushed through the manufacturing line to get boxed up and sent out.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Reaper6

Ebay:
    Well Fans Hobby does like to try to appease fans. Wouldn't surprise me if that included rushing manufacturing after all the complaints about delays.

• Like Like x 1
  20. RoboW4rrior298

Fortunately it’s nothing permanent, and they go back on just fine. It still shouldn’t happen. Especially not from a company like Fans Hobby and the quality I expect on a £200 figure..