FANS HOBBY MB-15 Naval Commander (Armada Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blitzjoans, Dec 15, 2018.

1. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    One of my UK copies looks like it’s arriving tomorrow and I suspect my TCP copy is going to be delayed like yours then and I paid for expedited shipping too. Too slow for my tastes otherwise, and seems to come with better insurance and tracking reliability if you throw a bit extra at it in checkout. I do agree about USPS being the best of the 3 as well, never had issues but FedEx and UPS can bite me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. buttmunch109

buttmunch109 Mediocre trans artist

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Damn, I went to check and see if mine has the cracks in the white chest plate hinges like others did and yeah, it does. So it's looking like we'll have to replace quite a bit of the cab robot torso when the fixes finally come out. This is honestly kinda wild, even with Galaxy Meteor's fragile blue plastic I didn't have this many QC issues with him or any other 3P figure.

Once I can get the fixed pieces I'll be happy but damn this is harshing the good vibes I was getting after unboxing him and playing with him, especially since it is such a playable figure in it's design

• Like Like x 3
  3. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    I had a feeling that those chest chains would be problematic, can you show where your copy has cracked? I don’t think that diecast would be suitable here though, so another type of fix would have to be implemented or that area entirely redesigned.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  5. buttmunch109

buttmunch109 Mediocre trans artist

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    It cracks right here, the cracking closes when I flip the Matrix panel up for vehicle mode so that means that the action of folding it down is what caused the stress crack. The chains are perfectly fine strangely enough, they're loose enough to where I think the original extra slack/play with the pins means that the larger pins don't affect it like the other panels and hinges 20210217_134200.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    Ahh I see, it’s annoying how these issues are relatively small but cause big problems both immediately like the above or like @Kuma Style with the trailer hinge. That shouldn’t have happened whether you applied excessive force or not sadly, and not something I expect from Fanshobby and (to me) a £200 collectible.

7. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Damn. I may cancel my BBTS pre-order before it ships and just wait for the 2nd run in a couple months. I could kinda use the $200 this costs for contact lenses right now anyway.

Bravo to FH for reacting the way they did to these breakages but holy shit, how did some of these not become evident until they started shipping? You would think these cracks would have appeared during QC testing.

• Like Like x 2
  8. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic When a spark goes online, there is great joy...

This thread is making me sad. I'll be here for the v2 though, for sure. The sculpting and posability and cool transformation is almost everything I want in a figure.

Why did power baser need a v2? Did it have any issues? I haven't really followed FH at all.

• Like Like x 3
  9. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    That’s exactly what concerns me too, as they even had an extra month delay from end of December to January. I genuinely wonder if they’ve used a different factory this time around as I’ve heard that can play a part in quality? Not sure how true that is but I’ve seen it suggested a couple of times for other figures both 3rd party and official.

From what I recall, the super mode had new articulated fingers (exactly the same as Naval Commander in super mode), a new head I think and then chromed truck bumper and thighs? There might be more but it was aesthetic improvements mostly if I remember that right from my copy.

10. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Man it sucks hearing so many issues plague this guy. I was so excited for him.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

This is making that wait to April at least somewhat tolerable. Still excited and hope we get a color prototype for Megs soon.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    It’s really not that far of a wait, and considering I’ve got two more Naval Commanders on the way if one breaks I won’t be too upset and I’ll be getting a second batch copy anyway.

I would say that we are overdue an update on Megatron, I want to especially see what they’ve done with the shoulders as they took on board that they were too small.

Might even get to see how Leader-1 interacts with him and his gimmicks.

13. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seeing more posts about this guy is making me reconsider if I want to cancel my pre-order and get something else, but every company has it's ups and downs with their releases like Takara's hound or FT's Rouge, it's just a shame that this guy was FH's more poorer releases. so I'm still willing to wait a bit longer and see how the April releases hold up (if Showzstore's is the April release and isn't just delayed). Judging by FH's other releases and their seeming disappointment on how the HC turned out I doubt they'll let this happen again, it just means that I'll probably wait for reviews before ordering their Armada Megatron now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    Yeah i’m in the same frame of mind, although I would really hate for Fanshobby to have low preorder numbers for this stuff after Naval Commander because to them as a business that means these designs aren’t what people want. It’s what happened with Gunfighter and why the never made G2 Megatron to go with him. I would like to at least get Hot Shot, Red Alert, Starscream and Cyclonus out of this line. I’d also get Demolishor but could live without him and the rest of the cast. Absolutely would drop the cash for Tidalwave too even if it was kickstarter if they wanted to make him their biggest and most ambitious release yet.

15. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    My copy arrived. I opened the box but haven't moved any moving pieces, and I can see that one hinge is cracked right out of the box.

• Like Like x 3
  16. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just because many people wanted him and couldn't get it as it wasn't for sale anywhere. The ratchets on the V2 are stronger to hold the fully combined mode better. There are a few other changes like the adjustable bumper, chromed thighs, etc...

• Like Like x 3
  17. God Orion

Ebay:
    Really? Does anyone want mine? Brand new MISB.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

I think it might be a better idea to see if you can return it for a full refund if you no longer want it. If you sell it to someone and it has issues, you might have to deal with an unhappy buyer.

• Like Like x 2
  19. God Orion

Ebay:
    Oh you are right. I'll try

• Like Like x 1
  20. TJBacon

TJBacon Well-Known Member

I’ve also had an issue with trying to get the screw undone on the Super mode head, it’s far too tight. I know I’m using the right size screwdriver but it’s in there so tight the head’s starting to round off.

Not sure what to do to get it undone.