Fans Hobby MB-13 Ace Hitter (Headmaster Junior Goshooter / Siren)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by godotislate, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Nemesis Compactor

Nemesis Compactor Well-Known Member

Pre-order up on BBTS for Siren/American deco. He's kind of a lower priority for me since I already have Ace, but might still pick him up since it's a pretty low price for an excellent smaller figure

Master Builder MB-13A Red Buzzer

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Wyldmaxx

Wyldmaxx No matter where you go, there you are.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got Ace Hitter in from BBTS, and unfortunately he only came with one blaster. Already shot off an email, hopefully they can resolve it for me.

I also had a little black circle fall off of it, anybody have a similar thing happen and know where it might belong?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  4. GunFire Alpha

GunFire Alpha Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The little black circle is probably the screw cover on the roof

5. GunFire Alpha

GunFire Alpha Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Jusr preordered Red Buzzer AKA Siren from Fans Hobby direct. And now we wait...

6. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

Sorry for the thread bump...

Selling my FH Minerva and Goshooter. All are in great shape and have only been transformed once from alt to bot mode. Both are 100% complete and in great shape, used only for display only.

PM me if there's any US interest.

20211114_214310.jpg 20211114_223354.jpg 20211114_223647.jpg 20211205_184845.jpg

7. AlX Boi

AlX Boi Active Member

What have I done?!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. AlX Boi

AlX Boi Active Member

So, this project went further and took longer than I planned. I think many would agree that they were slightly underwhelmed by both the accuracy and finish of Go Shooter. I actually watched Masterforce as a kid and wanted a better, more "masterpiece" quality and got to work. As I couldn't find detailed illustrations, I've reviewed numerous episodes to come to a consensus on Go Shooter's design and colors for the project. He definitely still transformed properly during the dry fitting but I won't be attempting it for at least 30 days to ensure the paint is fully cured. I already experienced sigh-inducing paint flaking during re-installation.

I'd like to preface that I'm shockingly terrible at airbrushing and hand painting so excuse any perceived lumpiness. Photo 1 circles modifications to the figure, as opposed to just color additions/changes.

1: Sliced the crest and added to the panel lining.
    2: Added triangle to side and cut slats in the front. The helmet still comes off though the added triangle warrant caution.
    3: Added chrome film shapes in the taillight lens to give details reflecting the actual FC3S RX-7.
    4. I thought this part looked too thin compared to the side so I added more material to beef it up.
    5. Both the anime and cartoon had the door and thus the Autobot logo shown on the side. The entire door on the back of the legs would made the arm...armor? too long so I just eyed how much I can add and still look okay and made the cut.
    6. I needed to slap on a new decal into this position. The Generations Go Shooter door logo stood out to me so I found the best photo online, cleaned it up, changed up a couple of details then printed onto decal paper. Unfortunately, the toner started flaking off as I was applying. I might just apply an Autobot sticker over my flaking one so at least that part pops.
    7. The blade is 0.5mm and so removed that much material from the doors. I glued 0.5mm of plastic on the leg portion of the door. A tongue and groove system was used to recombine the two door portions.
    8. I sanded all car body parts to remove the bumpy surface of the plastic and it can receive the gloss painted surface a car would have. As such, after painting, this decal had to be redone. Again, this was taken from the Generations Go Shooter then customized a bit. The center shield says Masterforce. The bottom ribbon says 1988 (date of the show) then added in Latin (hopefully properly translated): Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings. I thought the g1 box art having the decal slightly wrap around to the adjacent surface looked cool so I did the same.

This figure doesn't seem to have gotten much fanfare so hopefully someone will see this. If that's you, thanks for looking!

P.S. I should thank FansHobby for sending me replacement arms in a timely and fairly-priced fashion. I screwed up really bad when spraying the arms then totally destroyed the plastic when I got really mad sanding all the paint off.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      299.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      294.4 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      279.6 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 4
  9. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, I got this guy in on Christmas Eve.

I'm super impressed with him...except his feet. Why on Earth would they put so much weight on ball-joints? He looks like he's wearing clown shoes (feet backward) just so he could stand.

Even took a header. Scary. (completely unscathed)

He's so good... How did they drop the ball this badly?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yankee0

Yankee0 I own one jacket.

Every time I see the title of this thread pop up in my notifications, in my head all I can think of is Sean Connery saying Ace Hitter in his Scottish Accent and it never fails to make me giggle...

• Like Like x 6
  11. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Could someone please explain the significance of headmaster jr's??

12. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
  13. AlX Boi

AlX Boi Active Member

LMGTFY Headmaster Junior - Transformers Wiki

They're essentially the kids of the Masterforce series through which the viewership could envision themselves as. They mostly assisted in rescuing humans but did some fighting. Their most notable moments are when God Ginrai needed extra power, the 3 kids were transported into his chest to lend their strength.

As to the D headmaster jrs, they're just some punk kids though they did switch sides in the end albiet losing their usage of their transformer.

• Like Like x 2
  14. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I like how this figure (Ace Hitter) feels high quality without feeling heavy. That really stands out to me. My only complaint is that it's really difficult to get the guns to stay in his hands. The peg hole should've been deeper or the grip tighter.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    And now you just made me try to say it like Connery would out loud. :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  16. Yankee0

:lol :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  17. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

It's sad to say I have felt this way about this whole set. I think they like making big bots and with these smaller ones were just convinced they could cut corners for the price. I think they made this set so they could oversell their Power Baser and Godbomber as part of a team. I don't expect the Decepticon Juniors at all. I love the figures they made though but definitely cheaper materials and engineering and paint. Would have loved glossy finish on these with paint. I got Minerva, Nightbeat, Goshooter, and just waiting on Cab.

18. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On the last part of your post, same. I'm just waiting on Cab and I'm done. Don't get me wrong, I like their stuff, I really do, but aside from these, it's all overpriced and not my cup of tea. They seem to focus on this specific point in time as Transformers go and there's only so many you can produce that people will actually want, while you can make a bunch of stuff nobody wants. I mean, sure, their Armada stuff seems to be a sort of hit, but it's not hitting quite the sales level I would've thought it could.

I don't get how they get so close to nailing it and then screw it up at the last minute. I mean, Goshooter is a really nice figure minus those ball joints. He's what I wanted out of this line since Minvera. (I got into the line via Minerva because a poster on here was selling one dirt cheap due to a missing window. To their credit, FH customer service fixed me up for $11.00, no problem. Really nice people.) Minerva isn't perfect, she's a bit wobbly and the fit and finish are a tad off, but for the price I paid? Awesome. Nightbeat, I thought would fix those issues but no. He's the worse remold/degradation I worry about with mass-produced items. I was very disappointed to see how wonky he can be during transformation. I'm thinking it's the thighs because I don't have as much of an issue transforming Minerva as I do him.

Fortunately, Cab seems to be the best of them all. I've yet to see a single complaint about him from early reviews. Goshooter is a definite second place behind Cab and deservedly so, even with the ankle issues, the rest of him is just that good.

I know we're getting an official Minerva in Legacy and they promised that all heads in TR would get full figures down the line when they could, but I made these my CHUG Headmasters. I know they're out of scale, but technically, IIRC these were larger than previous TF characters in the Japanese shows, anyway, so that fits fine in my headcanon for explaining these away.

• Like Like x 2
  19. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I've been working on my Connery impression for the past year, and saying "Ace Hitter" in it IS really fun to do. "Aighsh Hittogh!"

• Like Like x 3
  20. Yankee0

Hahaha, personally (and it is probably just my very childish mind) I hear it as "A Sh*tter". Which is amusingly ironic as I really like this figure!

• Like Like x 1