Fans Hobby MB-11 (God Bomber)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Apr 29, 2017.

1. 1BLD

1BLD Well-Known Member

I do like the transformation, though it's a shame that the clever bits are paired with more Godbomber partforming. It just seems like you should be able to make Godbomber as a single unit, who only has to separate for the combined mode.

Also, I'd love it if the next go at Super Ginrai/PMOP had some thigh extensions built in for God Ginrai. Normsl length for Super, pull out the legs for God so his thighs don't get swallowed up by the bulk of God Ginrai.

• Like Like x 4
  2. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the translation, allow me to add more update of this section, a few lines are:
    这个胸甲卡不紧,翅膀只有两个卡扣固定,合体之后腿关节不是很能支撑整体的重量。 -- the chest can't be secured, there are only 2 sockets on the wings, also after combined the legs can't support the whole weight very well.
    可是这个神弹车厢和翅膀上都是水波纹,片片变形拆车厢的时候甚至出现了白痕。-- this GodBomer's tailer and wings full of water ripple, white stress marks appeared when transform.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MasterScale

MasterScale Loose, comes with baggage...

it looked like it wasn't pegged in all the way during transormation, but also I would guess that even if it was it's a lot to pick up a toy that weighs as much as that does and by a part that clips on no less.

Same. He's a parts former by nature. but damn if that final result isn't striking as hell.

I wonder if the 'rubbery plastic that lacks heft' is to keep the over all mass of the figure at a reasonable point for the Power Baser ratchets? Not saying the user shouldn't be dissapointed, just wondering if that's the reason for the choice of materials on FH's part.

Indeed. Le sigh.

Edit - I don't design toys, so it's easy for me to say 'why isn't _____ better?' I'm sure making a robot toy that becomes a trailer and then a suit of armor for a larger robot is a tall order. (no pun intended) Especially at this size class.

Double Edit - also mega thank you to Daimchoc for posting all the pictures and the the video review.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

Our only hope now is KFC.....

• Like Like x 3
  5. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...given the build of fans hobby's other figures, i can confidently infer that god bomber is put together so lightly in order not to overload super ginrai's joints...

• Like Like x 5
  6. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm curious to see how KFC's will turn out, that is if it ever gets released.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

Too small for me. :( 

8. Bruticus88

I'm liking the Armor... but that chest piece randomly untabbing and the plug-in fake cod-piece are concerning. The chest pieces should attache more securely... the cod-piece looks weird... and seems to sort of hinder articulation.

Overall looks good.

Where's the red/blue edition?!?!?!

9. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Isn't the KFC one bigger? ShowZ says in the description 38cm for Godbomber alone.

10. Bruticus88

IIRC the KFC combined Super God Ginrai mode was a bit smaller/thinner vs FH. No clue on GB vs GB.

11. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

It's definitely thinner looking at the pictures, but from what I remember the full God Ginrai was stated as 42cm tall

12. MasterScale

I thought KFC's was supposed to be just a bit taller, too.

13. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Well shit, it’s another GB that has to be totally disassembled for transformation. Being such a toyetic and play minded company I had just assumed Fanshobby would go the route of Takara’s GB which allows for an intact transformation between alt and bot modes.

I guess I’m out. Glad the black version came out first or I’d be sitting here waiting for mine with pre-loaded buyers remorse.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

490FE1C6-62E4-4D42-9BD3-CFF26949CF3C.gif

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I’m not sure what that means in relation to my post but I always appreciate a Futurama gif.

16. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Partsforming?!?... ugh. And haven't we gotten to an age where the toys transform by themselves yet?

... Goodness, some people's kids.

17. MasterScale

I totally respect your stance, at the same time I used to feel that way about Maketoys' version. Then I saw Wotafa's review of the G1 re-release and I realized that's the way the original toy transformed as well. Something about that helped me see it more of a homage of the original design and appreciate it more.

I was thinking a lot about the challenges of designing a God Bomber, and I realized that it seems to have to be done in a particular way - regardless of who is producing it - because of it's parts forming-to-armor-set nature.

I didn't realize that Takara's GB didn't need to parts form to become the trailer, though. That's pretty cool!

18. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I’m not even anti-partsforming (although I get the sentiment and think it’s super douchey to ridicule the anti-partsforming folks). Generally I really don’t care that much about partsforming. But with Godbomber ever since Takara showed it was possible to do it as an all-in-one I’ve hoped that the better toymakers could follow suit. It’s not a complicated design at all.

And for the record I’m NOT talking up Takara’s as a great toy. It’s not. Literally the only thing it has going for it is the all-in-one transformation, and they even managed to spoil that with poorly fitting tabs that cause it to fall apart during transformation and during posing. I had to superglue parts of mine together so it wouldn’t fall apart. Doesn’t combine anymore but I don’t need it to.

I may still get the FH figure. I’ll watch a few more reviews before deciding.

• Like Like x 2
  19. MasterScale

I'm not anti parts-forming, either :)  This just seems like a difficult design to do. *Shrugs* First world problems :p 

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another verified going to break shoulder tabs IMG_20191202_074406.jpg on black godbomber as confirmed by the youtube reviewer.

I just cancelled my po after hearing this!!!