Fans Hobby MB-06 Power Baser (Power Master OP)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

DAMN! I cant wait for this, I will finally have my power master OP! I love what Fans Hobby is doing so far.

2. Deductor

Deductor Banned

Hope FH has a plan for Godbomber

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Interim Head Warehouse Spelunker

News Credits:
    They said they do for a 2018 release.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Deductor

Deductor Banned

Oh fuck yeah. I'd rather get this than the LG-combo with PE upgrades. Should cost about the same by the time PE is done :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fortynickel

News Credits:
    Yep, now I just have to buy a house to fit all these ginormous figures.

• Like Like x 4
  6. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

If you can fit Feral Rex or Warbotron, you should be able to fit Fans-Hobby's God Ginrai.

7. Deductor

Deductor Banned

Hey, I agree. I have room, but would be much better to buy a new domicile with this in mind lol

• Like Like x 2
  8. Fortynickel

News Credits:
    Yes but then eventually I want Omega Supreme and an in-scale Ark, Metroplex and Trypticon.

On second thought, I might be able to live out of that Metroplex...

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  9. SHADDO

SHADDO Arashikage Decepticon

Like I said, MOST of us will pretty much have him in the big robot mode, but it still DOESN'T excuse the big@$$ feet hanging off the back, futuristic or not. Even the G1 brick wasn't THAT futuristic. It was a truck trailer with guns mounted on it, not a trailer with guns...and big@$$ feet mounted on back rolling down the highway, lol.

Like I said before, THIS ISN'T the 80's. Toy technology has evolved PAST bricks with feet looking LEGO pancake trailers. If HasTak had done this, you guys would be pissing yourselves silly BITCHING about those same big@$$ feet (double standard.), whether you cared about it as a kid or not, as a kid, I didn't care either, but as an adult who WORKS hard for the money I spend on certain figures, I have to hold a much higher standard. Kid me might not have cared about those big feet either, but ADULT me has HIGHER standards and expectations, because I'M PAYING A MUCH HIGHER PRICE for this guy, or other3P products.

3rd Party companies can't, and SHOULDN'T, be given a pass on something glaring like that, JUST because they got the "important" mode "right" and "without 3 upgrade kits", ESPECIALLY considering how much more expensive they are than HasTak.

It's perfectly okay that the feet don't bother YOU hanging off the trailer, big and blue like that, it really is, and I'm not knocking you for that, but it doesn't make my point any less valid, for both myself and OTHERS to enjoy the ENTIRE figure, particularly if we're dropping Masterpiece money on a 3P product, without being held to the same standard or higher for ACTUAL MP products, much less the average HasTak products. That's what I'M getting at.

I'll say it again, if I end up buying this guy, he'll most of the time be in big bot mode, BUT I WANT him to look good in his alt mode, as well, because base mode has always been iffy at best. Myself, I like having the option to change how I display my figures, so that's why the big@$$ feet are sort of a big@$$ issue with this pricey 3P figure. ONE MODE being great, isn't enough of an excuse for me to just throw my money at them. I want to be satisfied with the entire figure overall, even if there are smaller flaws in the aesthetics, as long as they aren't QC issues.

I know I'm NOT the only one who feels this way, but people who say what I say about things like this tend to be put down, ridiculed or otherwise silenced, by the OTHER vocal minority who are intolerant of opinions different from theirs...so people with many of my views just don't bother speaking up, yet our opinions are JUST AS VALID as anyone else's, even if we're mocked for commenting a page to express those opinions.

I'm not trying to belittle anyone else's opinions on the feet. Of they don't bother you personally, that's okay with me, so why should it bother anyone else that they DO bother me and other people? Wouldn't the figure be EVEN BETTER for the price, IF the big@$$ feet WERE hidden in alt mode?! I mean, if they currently don't bother you, does it REALLY even matter to you, if they WEREN'T hanging off the back detracting from the trailer mode for others?! So why even excuse it, if that's the case? Doesn't really make sense to defend the feet if they could hide them, right?

That's ALL I want, is for them to fix the big@$$ feet issue in alt mode. Everything else I'm fine with as, is. I don't think it's wrong for me, and everyone else really, to expect that level of quality in the final aesthetic look of the figure.

Thanks for hearing me out anyway. We don't all have to agree or like the same things, but we should all be able to enjoy the products we buy from these companies in our own way if we're considering a purchase from them. I doubt any company will ever manage to make that "perfect" version of any figure that pleases everyone, because that's just realistically NEVER going to happen, but none of them should get a pass on something so glaringly obtrusive and obvious.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMG_20170715_121723.jpg IMG_20170715_102954.jpg IMG_20170715_121728.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't tell my fiancée, but I'm in love with this guy. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  12. Chaoticon

Chaoticon Well-Known Member

I don't blame you. It's a thing of beauty. Just don't display this next to the wedding photos

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ap0calypse

Ap0calypse Well-Known Member

Looks like the powermaster engine can go in the front of the trailer or the cab in the above pics. Nice to have options.

Really liking the look of this guy.

14. Fortynickel

News Credits:
    Your point is understandable but personally, I try not to let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Getting rid of the big feet might require a trailer with a bunch of panels and an over-engineered transformation process. For some that is cool and if that is the case, you'd have to wait for the perfect product but I think most people would take the feet and simpler transformation.

I don't criticize HasTak because they are a toy company stuck also trying to appease a small market of nostalgic adults. They make disposal mass produced toys and sometimes high-end collectibles.

• Like Like x 2
  15. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

Just a friendly reminder: we have all sorts of tools for emphasis. Like italics. Or colors.
    All-caps is generally considered poor online etiquette.

• Like Like x 2
  16. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

Dude. You've got some sweet plans. I wish you the best of luck on that.

17. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto 8 Strings Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Ignore list just got bigger, and my page got a lot smaller, lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Please take this debate of the etiquette of caps vs italics in a private chat. Regardless of your personal preference, neither have anything to do with this toy. SMH.

I'm looking forward to this. It looks stunning compared to the current TT/H version, and manages to emulate the original toy and the animation model well enough to be very satisfactory.

Cost wise: If Laser OP and the Monsterbots are around $125 in shops, this should be around $200-250 for Super Ginrai. Then another $100-125 for Godbomber next year.

The TT box set is $170 + 120 ($35 + 60 + 25) for the add on sets. $290 vs $300-400 when this looks so much better and (judging by current FH products) will likely be better built and less fiddly.

Between this, the various Overlords and now KFC apparently doing Buster and Hydra, it's a great time to be a Master Force fan. :) 

19. Chaoticon

this is really a childhood dream come true. This was one of the few transformers that I had as a kid. I remember my big brother (who is 10 year older than me) got me the PMOP as a christmas gift when he got his first job. It was arguably the coolest and certainly most expensive toy I got as a child. Thank you fanshobby for making such an awsome pmop

• Like Like x 2
  20. Chaoticon

Shhh...as much as I think your analysis is dead-on, let's try to encourage them to lower the price a little bit. 175-200 price range for pmop would be awsome. =)