Fans Hobby MB-06 Power Baser (Power Master OP)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 28, 2016.

1. davidsix

davidsix Well-Known Member

I really really hope there overlord has not tampograph's on it. FANSHOBBY!! NO MORE TAMPOGRAPH!

• Like Like x 1
  2. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

So....the two pieces on the sides of the trailer in combined mode that swing shut onto small prime dont lock him in place....you dont use the two tabs on the cab to connect to anything on the trailer...you slide small prime down on those slots until he hits bottom...is that it? Nothing locks him into place? All that keeps him there is gravity? So if we all turned him upside down, small prime would come sliding out? Or am i missing a step?

3. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

The backpack on mine is snug enough that he doesn't budge when combined. I find the tires on the legs of the cab grip the indents on the sides of the backpack.

4. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

I share your frustration.
    But more than dropping tampos, what I want are “flat” areas where I can put faction symbols.

5. Datstro

Datstro Plastic Surgeon

News Credits:
    I just spent 2 and a half hours fiddling with this...

All modes look great... although in saying that, the trailer needs another 50% increase in height and size as it presently appears too short and small for the cab.

Ginrai bot mode is beautiful... I just don't understand why Fans Hobby deliberately made it impossible to apply any Autobot faction stickers anywhere on the shoulders. That did frustrate me quite a bit.

Super Ginrai mode was marvelous but a mega pain to align all the tabs correctly to plug the cab in. Now that it's done, I promised myself that I'll never transform this bot ever again! A sight to behold but a pain in the rear end to do this again! :p 

• Like Like x 3
  6. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    This guy is truly a Masterpiece in every sense of the word.

EED8F711-074A-43A4-A11C-EB85B23D1D04.jpeg 1C01FD46-98B9-42B1-96F3-06BB3CB8838D.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  7. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    It can be challenging, and it has caused me to focus a bit more on legends-scaled stuff than I use to; on the other hand, transforming does get my fingers exercise which is overall helpful.

It does make something fiddly frustrating, though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OPholic

OPholic Empowered by the matrix

This prime is soooooo big and sooooooo nice
    2018-01-21 06.24.28.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  9. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    Just put him in combined mode and I’ve given up trying to get the two “shoulder” tabs. I just out the two panels right behind it and I think I’ll be ok as-is.

I know a few people have had issues as, well but has anybody else just give up too or should I just keep trying?:lol 

• Like Like x 1
  10. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

Yes, give up

11. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    Just tried to mess with it for another 20 min or so and my fingers are all shaky now so I officially give up and will just move on. I totally understand what dmarsee above went through.

But oh well, besides that issue, the entire figure is just so solid and incredible that it doesn’t bother me anymore. The only weird thing is I must’ve missed anybody else being bothered by the trailer wheels. You’d figure they would’ve found a way to at least make it flush with the legs somehow.

But like it said, tab issue and trailer wheels aside, this is a 9.5/10 figure and I just don’t see any other figure beating it for figure of the year until the God Bomber add-on comes out. Or somebody makes an MP Deszaras.

Here he is Autobot logos added with my old Ginrai.

DA51B49E-480B-47DB-A479-AB95368A845A.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  12. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm sorry, but this figure is not very good. I did not enjoy him in the least except for filming it and interacting with people during my review.

He's good quality like most FH stuff, and has great articulation and ratchets, but all the modes have some significant issues and/or weird aesthetic choices. The transformations are not fun and are often frustrating as demonstrated by all these comments from folks.

You can see my livestream that I did earlier here:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    That stinks but while I won’t watch that video since you already said you hate it, are you going to sell him?

I’m already on the hunt for another one to keep on display in vehicle mode until the God Bomber add-on comes. I’ll take it off your hands if you’re that disappointed in it.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

No figure will please everyone and that's okay, because I friken love this thing!

• Like Like x 4
  15. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hate is definitely way stronger than I feel about it, I just think it falls short in way too many places. There are definitely great things about it though. I'm sure there are a lot of people who will love it for probably the same reasons I didn't like it. This is just a sample (which I acknowledged may be the cause of some of my issues) so it's going back to @ToyDojo.

Definitely! I love some toys that others probably hate. I'm interested in seeing how it goes with God Bomber. I did mess with Maketoys version today for a while and I definitely prefer that overall to this guy, but I'm sure both will have their fans and haters.

~Paik

• Like Like x 1
  16. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, I get it. I suppose it’s better to just get your full money back while you can. I’m off to keep an eye out on the B/S/T section here:lol 

17. ShadowOfSilver

ShadowOfSilver Element 47

Ebay:
    Has anyone posted a pic of Power Baser's alt mode next to TFM's Powertrain? Curious how good those trailers look together.

• Like Like x 1
  18. guarayakha

guarayakha Guara-guara-booyakha~!

For a G1-esque design, perhaps so. Else I'd think an OS-KO of Thunder Manus with a slightly better cab-bot would be the better option, IMO :D 

19. The Chippy Winger

The Chippy Winger The Struggle is real

28C036DE-38E3-4FB1-ADE7-A3269AD1EB08.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  20. The Chippy Winger

The Chippy Winger The Struggle is real

EC90D148-8F90-4E78-86E0-F6F2C3A09CA7.jpeg

• Like Like x 1