Fans Hobby MB-01 ArchEnemy (Nemesis Prime / RID Scourge)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Primeconvoy1

Primeconvoy1 Cybertronian Broker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    When I spoke to Fanshobby back in late September, they said there were no plans to reissue the trailer.

Hopefully, they'll reconsider if enough collectors ask for it.

2. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

It's a must IMO, the new head and arm braces do a lot to improve the figure imo.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  3. Primeconvoy1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Agreed. The new head has the brighter red eyes, and is more my preferred sculpt.

The brackets are helpful too, when Archenemy is holding his giant boom stick.

• Like Like x 2
  4. mouschi

mouschi Well-Known Member

Bah! I missed it by a few bucks. Thanks for sharing the link anyway, though. It looks like those that have sold for $300 included the bot also. The last one was at $160 which I was cool paying, but the seller (and buyer!) had other ideas. Anyway, if anyone has this and/or the gunfighter ii trailer, i'm a buyer!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Magna Jet Convoy

Magna Jet Convoy Well-Known Member

I was lucky enough to purchase the last one of each trailer at RoboToyBase. Paid $99.99 for each. Feeling the pain many of you are going through - wondering if they'll ever get reissued or to pay a huge markup - when they pop up on eBay.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Manuel Taker

Manuel Taker Well-Known Member

maybe if there is a petition to fans hobby? they did it for other figures

• Like Like x 4
  7. Stardiver

Stardiver Toy enjoyer

My figure came in today (so just under two weeks, would have been here much quicker if they hadn't waited a week to ship it out), and initial impressions are...underwhelming. Didn't have enough time for a proper sit down with it thanks to dog needing to go to vets, so will have a proper go again tomorrow and see if I like it more.

- Head sculpt is great.
    - Awesome huge sword.
    - Hands are awful, he straight up needs new ones.
    - Right leg doesn't seem put together properly- the knee joint wants to come out of the lower leg when extending for bot mode.
    - Parts don't seem to clip together for alt mode?
    - Ab crunch makes back half sag in alt mode.
    - Weird matte appearance on some plastic pieces.
    - Tolerances on some parts not quite right.

Hoping some time and some future will fix most issues, hoping the leg just needs tightening to fix. Guess will have to try and find replacement hands with proper articulation, cos the stock ones stink on a figure this size.

Overall looks awesome though, always loved this design. Interestes to hear all of your thoughts/suggestions!

• Like Like x 3
  8. PowderyBeef

PowderyBeef Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Absolutely agree, pretty much my main complaint with him. Almost broke the sword tab that slots into his hand the first time I tried to slot it in. It's very clear that he was a very early figure for FH. In fact I think it was their first, but I may be wrong. I don't remember anything before him. I luckily don't have any of the other issues you've had, no issues in Alt mode, and all tolerances seem good.

That being said, he's got tremendous shelf-presence, and is nice and solid. FH's products got much better after this. I got Double-Evil just before I got Archenemy, and he has no issues at least not for me. Perfect hands, feel, look, everything.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Primeconvoy1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Agreed about the hands not being all that great, but I do like the way the weapons slide in rather than the normal MP tabbing system. I wish more companies would use that rail system for their figures.

It's one of Fanshobby's earliest figures, and I think they were still finding their footing with some of those initial designs.

The wrist panels tend to pop open rather easily, but the brackets that came with the trailer solve that issue.

Vehicle mode comes together well on mine. Didn't notice anything loose when transforming the first time.

I absolutely adore the overall sculpt of this figure, and will echo @PowderyBeef 's sentiment regarding the shelf presence this figure has!

Add the trailer to the mix (if you can find one), and he is one of my favorites in the collection!

• Like Like x 2
  10. PowderyBeef

PowderyBeef Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Oh I absolutely agree on the tab, they definitely perfected it and it works splendidly on Double Evil.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stardiver

Stardiver Toy enjoyer

Need to look at the wrist connection on him buy considering something like this Movable Hand Upgrade Kit For Power of the Primes Rodimus Prime | eBay for AE. Seen them used on Despotron so might be a good fit here as well.

I wouldn't mind the forearm bracers for him, but I'm not a fan of trailers of any kind so won't be going after the trailer.
    Shall see tomorrow about my other points, may be most things are easily fixable. Would be my typical luck to get one with problems :lol 

EDIT: New day, new go. Went much better this time, and now everything seems to tab in nice and tight. I think it was just coming from things like XTB where forceful handling breaks things; the wheel wells (very clever btw) just needed a firm hand to snap fully into place. Looks great! The right leg still wants to come out past the end of its rail, but tightening the screws didn't fix that so may just be a case of guiding it carefully each time.

Just need to try the new hands mentioned above to make him perfect. Nice simple transformation that does the job. Not sure what the spinny blocks in the front of the cab in alt are for though, the extra trailer stuff maybe?
    16703236711257933553912938828306.jpg

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  12. Enfin

Enfin Destron

The hands look great, but could be a lot more articulate. Hopefully that will be a thing one day. This bot still stands the test of time. Specially with the least involved transformation for such a big figure and the torso crunch.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Primeconvoy1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    The spinny blocks are for the sword to plug in to carry/store on his back, while in robot mode.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Stardiver

Stardiver Toy enjoyer

Aaaah okay, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tonyshotz

Tonyshotz Well-Known Member

I'll be dammed! I've had him since release and didn't realize that...

• Like Like x 4
  16. Fito

Fito Little Buddy

If someone wants the 10 off of 100$ and/or 15 off of 250$ coupons shoot me a pm.
    Between the absurd shipping costs and my copy of Archenemy souring me on FH products i really don't think i'll be using them.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Gshell

Gshell Well-Known Member

So, I've decided to figure out what kind of KFC hands could work on this guy. Does anyone have the KFC replacement hands for MP 10 and this figure? Or KFC hands for Takaras MP Soundwave / Sound blaster? If you do, could you try and swap them out and see if they would work for this guy? Im gona do some more research and see if any of the KFC hands could work. If I find any do work, I will let yall know, so that those that want better hands for this guy can replace them.

18. Zyros

Zyros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After failing to acquire the head/trailer and the company ignoring my emails I decided to print my own. Found someone who made a lovely screen accurate file and modded it to my own tastes. Super thrilled with the final result, couldn't be happier.

20230106_011941.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  19. Gshell

Gshell Well-Known Member

My experiment was a success! Kinda.... I put KP -06 hands, MP 10 replacement hands. I couldn't find the black version, so I did the next best thing. I'm going to paint them black. They work pretty well, and I had to use a dremel to hollow out and make them fit over the mushroom pegs of the figure. He looks so much better with more articulated hands. The problem now is he can't hold his sword that well anymore. Also, the gun that came with the hands can't peg into the hands because of how the fore arms are too high up from hands. I'm trying to think of a way for him to hold the sword more securely and also find him a gun. Since it's a miracle to find the trailer for him. upgrade hands.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  20. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

The trailer is so big it barely fit into my lightbox. Took forever to get it to fit in frame properly.
    Archenemy trailer.jpg

• Like Like x 7