Fans Hobby MB-01 ArchEnemy (Nemesis Prime / RID Scourge)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Dr. Killinger

Dr. Killinger Plastic Surgeon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Love everything about it
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. TattooedRobot

TattooedRobot A Very Stable Genius TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice.... I am pretty sure Laser Prime is bought too. Can't wait to get this guy in hand.

3. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the wait is killing me I really hope Kapow get there stock soon.

4. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great review man!

About the backpack though, while I can somewhat understand folks wishing it wasn't there, it's a part of the original design and is cartoon accurate as well. Many people in here (not you) keep screaming that they want their MPs to be as accurate to the toon as possible, yet complain about this guy's backpack.

I just don't get it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Red Snarl

Red Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So is there a trick to close the windshield all the way down? It hits the plate the head is attached to.

7. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Are you rotating the head again once it's inside the windshield to face outwards? That allows you to slot the head back even further into the cab and a flush windshield closure.

All the best
    Maz

8. Red Snarl

Red Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been turning it around before but not after putting it in. I actually got it to close all the way after posting. Just had to tilt the head back. It's not necessary to turn the head back around.

9. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Just an FYI, when you get your figure, there should be a note in there that says not to open up the chest. Do not try to pry it open. It's been glued shut. If you force it, you might break the hinges.

10. unicron nemesis

unicron nemesis Collector + Photographer

News Credits:
    Here are some thoughts regarding the figure:

Archenemy, Fans Hobby’s first entry into the 3P market, does not disappoint. Their MasterBuilder series offers Masterpiece-scaled figures, and Fans Hobby has made an obvious decision to avoid clashes with other competitors. Instead of involving themselves in a multi-way tussle with other companies (Inferno/Megatron War anyone?), Fans Hobby has opted to start their line with lesser known characters from Transformers lore. So how does their product measure up?

[​IMG]

BUILD & PLASTIC QUALITY (5/5)

When picking up Archenemy, the obvious heft (830g) and plastic quality stands out. The figure has a good mix of diecast, chromed & plastic parts. I’m not an expert on plastics but the plastics feels good in hand. Preliminary handling of the figure gives the impression that Fans Hobby knows what they are doing. Joints are solid and tolerances are good. The tyres are made of a rubber/silicon material which gives off a bit of rubbery odour. You may want to air the figure a little before encasing it in your display. It does get better after a while but ya, the odour may bother some people.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AESTHETICS (5/5)

Archenemy nails the RID Scourge look in both modes. He spots the proportions of MP-10 and is about the same height.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The figure, unfortunately, suffers from the same dead-eye syndrome as MP-10. He has light-piping which doesn’t really work which is a pity. He would have been even more awe-inspiring with proper eye lighting.

[​IMG]

TRANSFORMATION DESIGN & ENGINEERING (3/5)

Upper torso transformation is similar to that of the RID Scourge figure while lower torso transformation is generally adopted from the MP-10 figure. Transformation is straight-forward and fuss free. Having said that, I would prefer something a bit more creative in this aspect but hey, I guess if it isn’t broken..

Archenemy uses a similar hand slot design used for MakeToys’ Cupola/Ironwill to hold his broadsword. It’s definitely a more secure design although it’s not common. Unfortunately the fingers do not close completely around the handle, possibly an issue of miscalculated diameter. The chest is hinged but according to the supplementary instruction sheet, they don’t open in Archenemy. They do however open in their G2 Optimus Prime re-deco based on prototype photos. Strange but true.

[​IMG]

ARTICULATION & STABILITY (4.5/5)

Archenemy is amply articulated to allow him to put off general to dynamic poses. Aside from the usual arm swivels and ankle tilt joints, the ab crunch joint is a nice inclusion that adds to the possibility of the figure.

[​IMG]

The heavier lower torso adds to the stability of the figure. Fingers are not individually articulated though so for those who are planning to do some pointing with the figure, be warned.

[​IMG]

ACCESSORIES (3/5)

The figure comes with a lone broadsword. Maybe an add-on trailer will be made available in the future to complete the Scourge look. In the meantime, the broadsword is all you get and hey, Scourge needs nothing else except his trusty sword.
    [​IMG]

Based on their debut, Fans Hobby shows that they mean business and that given time, can challenge some of the more established 3P companies. Definitely a company to look out for.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Robogeek28

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't wait for mine to finally ship out, and the more pics I see of him makes me really hope that at some point they make a RID/CR Optimus Prime/Fire Convoy for him to go up against!

• Like Like x 1
  12. unicron nemesis

unicron nemesis Collector + Photographer

News Credits:
    Those green energon cubes look cool!

13. Naroki

Naroki Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Eye is not a light piping, It is only a clear part.
    And a clear part on a back black plastic color.
    Instead of growing a eye , black plastic will end up drain all of light source and make eye look so dark (yes, because under clear red plastic are black color).
    There is no surprise why his eye was so dark.
    I add some mirror sticker under clear red plastic , it is a little improvement. not the best but better than nothing.
    In the end I may end up coating this eye , it is separated part , so it is easy to paint.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Robogeek28

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When they release their trailer, I think it would be cool if they threw in a set of painted eyes so we could replace the ones he comes with.

And before it's said, no I won't deface my figure and paint his eyes myself. :lol 

15. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin cool dude attitude

I should be getting mine this Friday from GCI and couldn't be more excited. Don't think I'll be able to resist the G2 Prime either.

Agreed, but we also need Magnus!

16. Shreddhead

Shreddhead Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a replacement eye set like the Mp Soundwave eyes. Blue and red specifically for when Laser comes out.

• Like Like x 1
  17. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Anyone manage to unstick the glue on the chest doors?

My one's chest opens very slightly, but appears glued in the door hinges.

Really annoyed they did this.

Also I've found the swords tab is a bit hard to get in the slot in the hands. One of the slots has bent a little from trying to fit the tab in.

18. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

Did you not see the note on that came with your figure? It says not to open. They've purposely glued the chest. If you try to pry it open, you might break it off.

19. Robogeek28

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And then there's pretty much every review that talks about it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I had actually forgotten to mention it in mine until Daim reminded me! It's like I had seen the online reports about it pre-sample, and then saw the paper slip and just filed it under 'understood' and never again looked at the chest flaps as something that had any potential for interaction with.

All the best
    Maz