Fans Choice Figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by G1Wheeljack, Aug 26, 2010.

?

Fans Choice Figures, Yay or Nay?

1. Yay

60 vote(s)
    95.2%
  2. Nay

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it would be cool since it's a better method of finding out what characters the fans are interested instead of just names yelled out by fans at a con panel.

Of course there would have to be some limits as really huge things are unlikely but still the deluxe size provides several options and could be worked into another toy line with a sticker saying fans choice.

I just hope it's clear about the style. Sometimes repainting a movie figure as the character isn't the same thing as when people were asking for it in the Classics style. The colors can also vary between series like G1, movie and Animated Starscream so it needs to be clear about what series the fans are talking about and not just the character in general.

2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Please. Only a 12 foot MP Fortress Maximus would be acceptable, at least.

Heheh.

Being serious, I'd love this. I wonder if Hasbro would be open to one or two Fan Vote molds a year. We could vote, and get one new mold or two reissues/repaints (with or without minor remolding) that could be offered through the Club site, HTS, or even an online retailer like BBTS/TFSource. Hasbro could keep it to Classics/Generations and Movie stuff (I figure Animated could fall under Classics/Generations in this scenario since it's over) for new molds, and reissues/repaints may or may not be limited to mold size (would Hasbro want to sell these at retail, or keep it online where collectors frequently buy stuff anyways?) but at least this way, we might see some reissues of anything from G1 stuff (that we haven't seen from Takara yet, or at least not in a while) or other molds (who wouldn't love a reissued Transmetal Megatron that doesn't break in your hands because they fix the crappy plastic issue???).

3. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

Reissue of Classics Rodimus

Though I think there should be new molds limited to Voyager size and under

4. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Generations Predaking for the win.

I'd envision 4 deluxe sized 1986 predacons & one voyager sized razorclaw predacon that are all super poseable.

they'd ofcause all combine to form a super poseable combiner Predaking.

I'd kinda like to see a combined beast mode gestalt. all the toy really needs to do is be on all fours in predaking mode. with the razorclaw lion head fliped up.

5. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    Generations Sunstorm or Thundercracker!

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    YAY for sure! I'd totally be up for a fan-chosen repaint. I'd especially be all over a Classics Seeker mold repaint. Make it Thundercracker, Sunstorm, G2 Starscream, Action Master Thundercracker, Rainstorm, Hailstorm, Fogstorm, Lightningstorm, Snowstorm, Tapiocastorm, Shitstorm, whatever. I'll buy it on sight..

7. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Well, if this is one way to prevent Hasbro from having the time to make abominations like universe Cheetor (because the fans would have asked them to make someone else instead), then I'm all for it.

8. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's funny, because if that toy didn't exist, and Hasbro ever did have a Fans' Choice poll where new-mold figures were on the table, a new Cheetor figure would probably end up near the top of the list.

Let that be a warning to the Fans' Choice proponents out there: just because you can choose Hasbro's next toy doesn't mean that toy will be any good.

9. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Shoot, just look up fans reactions to the GI Joe Hall of Heroes fiasco.

In early 2008 (around the time of the release of the seventh wave of GI Joe 25th figures), Hasbro held a poll for fans to select 10 GI Joe repaints/reissues (that is EXACTLY what they said in the poll's description). Fans, not thinking Hasbro might actually rerelease or repaint stuff, voted primarily on what was rare AT THE TIME. And then, upon release of them, Hasbro changed the rules and actually improved or changed figures.

Of course, some fans bitched about the rule change ("If I had known Hasbro was going to change the figures, I'd have voted for someone else" sort of thing), some bitched about the character selection (because by the time the set was revealed, Hasbro had loaded retailers with figure revisions and updates that basically meant all the "rare" figures from early on were everywhere) and others bitched that despite the premium pricing, many of the figures really weren't any "better" than product available at retail either in single cards or multipacks.

And to this day, nearly EVERY online retailer (and many specialty shops) still have remnants of that assortment littering shelves (more than a year later)

10. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Universe Sunstreaker into Wheeljack (with new head).

Someone had to say it.

Also, with the past/recent releases of Nemesis Prime, Straxus and the like; having some mold or another redeco'd into Jhiaxus would be rather nice as well.

11. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great idea. I suggest Generations Thundercracker or Sunstorm. It'd be cool if they did it for GI Joe too.