Fandom Card Issues 2/2012

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lumpy, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No issues with my card yet, hopefully it stays that way. I've already had to deal with this crap once before and I really don't look forward to do so again.

2. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have a Chase card, too. And I just discovered a pending $1 charge by "GOOGLE*". I haven't used Google Checkout in 2 or 3 years, so it was highly suspicious. I called Chase, and they strongly recommended canceling and having them send a new card. (Naturally, that's what I did.)

I'm sure Chase would've probably called me tomorrow, just as they did for you. They're good that way, and did that last year when something similar happened. I just beat them to the punch this time because I was already watching for shenanigans.

3. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While this was most likely the result of the initial credit card process that failed due to volume, and not the TFCC itself being compromised, its obvious that these TFCC transactions are at least the common thread. The club should stop worrying about being blamed, and should send out an email alerting members to possible fraud. It can only help those who aren't here to know about the oddly high amount of issues associated with these recent transactions.

4. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    All I know is, I am going to check my legal rights on this and the obligation of TFCC to come clean if they are actually to blame. I think it is ridiculous that I have to constantly check my account like a hound when I could just cancel it and do what needs to be done if there was in fact a situation that occurred.

If my card gets hacked and it is traced back to this, I want to see if I would at least have some legal recourse. It's ridiculous to think a company would not do the right thing and just let it's consumers know there was a problem if there was one. Unimaginably unprofessional and should be illegal if found to be the case.

BTW, I have a link as well:

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus59-information-compromise-and-risk-id-theft-guidance-your-business
    Let's review "Notifying Individuals"

5. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I personally do not feel like it was due to any wrong doing of the Club. It was probably their Credit Card handling company. But the overwhelming evidence suggest that people who made recent Club store purchases have an INCREDIBLY high chance of being hit right now, and it's disgusting and reprehensible for a representative of the store, when it's their customers who are being victimized right here and right now, to come into the thread and QUOTE STATISTICS at people instead of warning them their bank accounts could be wiped out before they wake up tomorrow.

6. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've had a pending charge of $1.00 from Amazon since 2/4. I made no purchases at nor had anything shipped from Amazon since Jan 25th. I went and changed the card to be safe.

7. stasislock

stasislock Member

I was checking my credit card record last night and I found a $1 pending charge by Yahoo Wallet, which I have never used. I called card service and they are going to send me a new card.

Guess what, I used that same card to place my pre-order on Monday. Seem like there is always room for coincidence. :rolleyes: 

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    All these people in just one week, right after buying the club exclusives. That's the only thing these people have in common. If it was any other TF store, we'd be hearing it from people who didn't place orders at the club too, but we're only getting reports from people who used the club store in the past week or so.

You're delusional if you don't think the club store is connected to it.

Either your site was compromised, or the card handler was.

I don't think anyone is dumb enough to try and blame you for this. It happens. But the least you can do is be honest about it.

9. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

^ This.

A simple "heads up" email would have been greatly appreciated by everyone. Then again, they already got their money from everyone so why should they care.

Btw, still no sellout on the Botcon set, I assume? I haven't seen any "whoa, they're selling fast, better grab them now" tweets in a while. I doubt anybody will be so quick to use another CC on their site anytime soon.

FunPub's worst PR year ever continues to roll on in spectacular fashion.

10. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At this point with the amount of folks coming forward with compromised account and TFCC being their common denominator it seems a little ridiculous for them to just keep denying.

11. Fighbird

Fighbird Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got compromised as well. Started January 25th, though, a whole week before I placed my Over-Run order.

Still, it was with the same card that I originally used to register at TFCC back in the day, and my bank informed me that it takes a few days before charge requests are actually listed on your statements. Couldn't say if it were because of the TFCC's credit card handler's database or some other source, but since most of my online buying is TF-related, it could definitely be related.

In my 10-odd years of careful online e-trading all over the world, this is the first time my account has been compromised.

12. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really? Really?
    Have you read this thread or did you just come in here, read a few replies and then throw statistic in the hopes it would all go away?
    Seriously, do you have a clue at all? The common factor for the people here reporting a CC fraud is that they ordered from the Club.
    I, myself, got hit and the card has only recently been used for a hotel booking through Expedia and for my Primus package registration. Are you going to blame Expedia for my problems?
    Gogdog, Fighbird, stasislock, panzerjedi, Jarodimus, ROCK_LEE and cheapdate are members that have come forward after your post, all got hit and all have a order through the TFCC store as the common denominator.
    Just a simple email alerting your members that there might be a problem due to your previous CC handling company would go along way to repairing the clusterfuck of your PR fiasco you seem intent on ignoring.

I completely agree. I'm not saying its FubPubs fault that this happened, just the way they are handling it and hoping it'll all go away is completely inexcusable. Right now Glen Hallit is more likable that the TFCC club.

A $1 Yahoo Wallet attempted charge was what was on mine according to my CC who called me. Never used Yahoo Wallet before. They cancelled the card right their and are sending me a new one.

13. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Is that a serious post?

Never your fault, ever. Amazing. Pretty sure I didn't pick your CC processing company. Nor did all the people having to cancel their cards. Who's responsible for that decision?

Let me guess...they were cheap? They couldn't handle any volume at all and they couldn't keep card info safe. Sure hope they were cheap, otherwise looks like someone didn't do any vetting.

People don't want a club that never makes a mistake. But they sure would appreciate one that is responsible and honest.

14. Stormcrow

Stormcrow Well-Known Member

Pete...Christ man.

No one is saying TFCC had any malicious intent, but it's becoming more and more evident that all these reports are likely connected to club purchases. And to say that it's only a handful of people that have been effected is minimizing the problem. For those who HAVE been compromised, even though we may be the minority in comparison to your "happy" customers ...let me tell you, man..It sucks pretty bad.

Take some ownership over the issue. BE A STAND UP GUY and a responsible business man and WARN your customers that there's at least a possibility their cards have been compromised.

By the way, a reply to one of my emails expressing concern would have been cool too.

15. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I used 2 different credit cards at the club store. One on Monday to purchase one figure and one after they came back up online to renew and I have no fraudulent activity on my account. If they were getting card number wouldn't they have gotten everybody's numbers??

16. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, seriously? This is the Club's response to the issue with stolen credit card numbers? Up until reading this, I had thought the Club was handling the situation fairly well. Instead, it looks like they'd much rather minimize the issue, pretend nothing is happening, take no responsibility whatsoever and then get snippy with people who question them on it. Stay classy, OTFCC.

I've been fortunate in that, after my successful order on the 31st, my card hasn't been compromised...yet. But the above quoted post leaves me with no confidence that the Club is taking this issue seriously, taking steps to correct it and making sure it doesn't happen again. So, even though my information wasn't affected this time (so far), I'll seriously reconsider doing any future business with OTFCC...because next time, I might not be so lucky.

17. Magnus1701

Magnus1701 Duly Appointed Enforcer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn I'm JUST finding out about this. Perhaps I won't renew this year... Already had to switch cards last year for similar reasons.

And I was SERIOUSLY hoping for those exclusives.

18. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They may not attempt to use all of the stolen data right off the bat. They may hold on to the info for months before making an attempt. My cc was compromised almost immediately so I've already replaced my card and number. If I were one of you guys who made a purchase with them and have not been hit, I would just go ahead and request a new number from the cc company just to be on the safe side.

19. Super-Eva-Prime

Super-Eva-Prime Powermaster

I purchased both the TFCC exclusives, have watched my card like a hawk, as I always do, and have seen no erroneous charges to this point, at least.

If I did, my first point would be to change the card, and if for any reason I felt the timing of it was coincidental to the orders placed through the TFCC's first credit-card company, I would contact them directly for further investigation on their end. They're not "evil villains out to takez yer credit cardz", they're just normal human beings running an operation, and if their initial credit card processor couldn't handle the volume and crashed, maybe causing some internal processing issues that resulted in people's card info being screwed up, the only way for that to be discovered is to report it via a phone call to TFCC directly, I'd think, so they can lay into that company and even, if anything was discovered, press charges against them. But I'd start with a simple phone call if I saw any sort of activity, myself, most definitely.

20. sh0d3n

sh0d3n Well-Known Member

Looks like more people is getting hitted. I have already changed my CC after the 1st pre order run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.