Fandom Card Issues 2/2012

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lumpy, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RustyMuffler

RustyMuffler Tronbot

Oh, my. Most likely something that may have zeroed in blame on themselves.

2. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Yeah, when they deicide that their future income will probably decrease more by not emailing their club members instead of keeping them in the dark.
    Then they will email everyone.

3. reignbot

reignbot Lazybot

applied for a membership back in jan and pre-ordered the exclusives in feb. so far no suspicious charges made on my card (i'm outside the USA btw). i was worried more about the email saying i had to fax my card details in.

4. ODarkThirty

ODarkThirty Mechannibal?Survey says..

I check my accounts daily and haven't spotted any suspicious charges recently, but for my peace of mind I went ahead and canceled the card.

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that statement is crap. Of course, even if it wasn't, they still haven't sent it out as an e-mail to everyone in the Club, which means they still aren't serious about informing everyone. Still no fraudulent charges on my card, thankfully, but I'll be cancelling it anyway as soon as my last legitimate recent transactions go through.

And I really hope that Hasbro is paying some attention to this, as well. The Official Transformers Collectors' Club acting like this indirectly reflects badly on them too.

6. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    With all these people swearing off the club, sure will be easy to get exclusives next year

[​IMG]

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    the pdf basically blames the victims, and they still arent sending out warning e-mails.

nice.

just a reminder - file a complaint at bbb.org

I'm also e-mailing hasbro about this, with a link to this thread. I'd advise others to do the same.: http://hasbro.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/hasbro.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php

I'm also very tempted to post about this on the official transformers facebook page.

8. puppylove

puppylove mini ops caretaker

News Credits:
    The solution would be to add PayPal as a way of checking out and paying if they want to avoid this in the future.

9. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    From Facebook - Tim Aselton Still no member-wide email? You guys are morons.

Seriously no kidding, just tweeted the same thing to them. Just got a message from a friend telling me that his card just got dinged and had no idea about the club bullshit.

10. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly and some ppl might not user either. I have fb but I'm not always checking it. Serious issue like this needs to be emailed to all customers. Not just a post on social networks to be over looked.

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And this just reached a new low. That letter clearly attempts to blame the customer. And what exactly are the going to do with that overly specific information they requested? Sounds like one big ol' red herring.

Hasbro has received my email. I'll post their response as soon as I have it.

12. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As far as I know, the Primus Packages for this year's Botcon still haven't sold out (which is very telling, what with all the dissent about the box set).

How much would you wager that once those packages sell out, then there will be an email sent to all members concerning this problem?

After all, they have to keep their prioritie$ in check, right?

13. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got hit today - bank denied an almost $500 charge from the UK. Card cancelled, naturally..

14. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

It is interesting their lack of communication in this but I'm sure they are also playing it safe (to the detriment of their members and reputation) so as too avoid any complications if legal actions occur. They can't come right out and admit negligence or complicity on their part as that could be legally disadvantageous. A simple e-mail warning and acknowledgement would help though. All of this is also why we probably won't be seeing Pete poking his head in, commenting anymore.

15. Raiju

Raiju Stormborn Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Damn. Have companies learned nothing from the TFSource debacle? Maybe that hacker group Anonymous is targeting Transformers fans to send a message or something.

16. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I think they said something along the lines of "Haha, you should be thanking us for all the work we gave you guys" or something like that. Not admitting fault, shitty PR, ect.

At least they gave people free games and free Playstation Plus. I can't see anybody getting anything out of this.

17. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

Exactly. Who in this age doesn't accept paypal? Especially when you're a store that sells exclusive merchandise to specific fandoms. It does not take a genius to figure exclusive figures mean fans running to get their hands on them. A hacker can see the pre order news just like all of us. It wouldn't be hard to plan a hacking or whatever did happen to capitalize on the traffic that will come and exploit a weak site and or CC processing company.

18. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Yeah, they want to know all that stuff so they can shift the blame on to us. Oh you were using wi-fi, well it's your own fault then. They seem to think we're all stupid and know nothing about internet security. I can see it being isolated cases of people not being careful if it were just a few people. But we're talking at LEAST 50 or so people from TFW alone, not counting who knows how many on other boards, and even some who might not use any of the forums. That's far too many people for it to just be isolated cases of people not being careful.

I'm sure that the number of people affected by this will continue to climb in the coming months. Just because you haven't been hit yet, doesn't mean you won't. Some people were saying that they just got hit today. I'm not even going to bother e-mailing them. What good is it going to do? My bank's already dealt with it. TFCC are just going to keep saying it's not them and shifting the blame. And I'm never going to renew my membership after this mess.

19. NC Soundwave

NC Soundwave Tactical Officer

From fellow TF fan from seibertron.com

Re: Fun Publications Statement Regarding Recent Suspicious Credit Card Activity (1345029)

Posted by UltraPrimal on February 9th, 2012 @ 4:57pm CST

No. Sorry, FunPub. You are NOT Michael Bay. You can't get away with saying, "Oh it wasn't our fault. It

was yours. You must have screwed up somewhere. It certainly wasn't us." Bullshit. It can't be a

coincidence that so many people have been reporting credit card fraud after using their store. Especially

considering they pulled in a different credit card processing service at the last minute because they saw

that their usual one couldn't handle the load. Did they even research this other company? Probably not.

They probably were like, "Oh shit! Our site's crashing! How are we going to get our money for these

shitty toys? Quick! To Google! ... OK, folks. We're all good now. We've got this new credit card processing

company. Apparently it's owned by a Nigerian prince. And you can always trust royalty right? Now let's

flip the switch and watch our money roll in! Money, money, money!"

20. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Piss-poor response from the club there. I'm having second thoughts about renewing my membership, I'd rather not give my money to a company with such poor PR and business practices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.