Fandom Card Issues 2/2012

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lumpy, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn it, I still want to renew my membership so I can get Runamuck. I think I may just do that now, wait for that to be charged to my card and then cancel the card after that assuming nothing fishy comes up beforehand. Even if this isn't their fault, this keeps getting worse for FunPub and they're not helping themselves. I keep expecting when I check my e-mail or the site here and finally see some notice they sent out about all of this...and still nothing.

Very.

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    oh, i must've missed that part... i honestly haven't read every post here, just a majority of them. if their site did get hacked, then yeah it's all on them...

and that's from a massive company... hopefully FP can get this figured out, like yesterday...

that's not a terrible idea... i may look into that as well...

3. ODarkThirty

ODarkThirty Mechannibal?Survey says..

Is this only affecting those who've renewed, ordered, or preordered in the past couple months or does it go farther back?

The last time I used my card to purchase anything from the TFCC was when G2 Ramjet was up for preorder last year. Should I cancel my card?

4. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was going to do that, maybe should have but I wanted to head of any issues. I'll use a prepaid card IF I decide to renew.

5. Irish Carnage

Irish Carnage Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    That was my thinking too. I have a debit card though so i'm slightly more at risk than someone with a credit card.

6. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    At this point, the only recommendation I would make is a visa gift card of fixed value.

7. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I bought the $40 membership on 2/1 and haven't been hit but I check my account online very often as I've been hit with cc fraud before. Hopefully I won't have to close and replace as I already had to do so some months ago.

8. puppylove

puppylove mini ops caretaker

News Credits:
    I doubt it. But you should always check your accounts for fraudulent charges. I had this happen to me on my old debit card and that was after buying from a different online store. From now on, I'm only using Paypal.

I've told anyone I know who's bought the toys about it. Not everyone checks these boards or the FunPub FB or Twitter. Word of mouth is the only way this info will get out right now.

And anytime! <3

9. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But how long do you (or we) wait to see if we are going to get hit? I haven't gotten hit still but I don't want to get hit in a few weeks when my guard is back down.

10. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes. My card that was hit yesterday was used sometime last year.

I sent my concerns to Hasbro. Sorry, FP.

11. Razerwire

News Credits:
    In my case I'm not as concerned but that's due to the fact that I have a habit of checking my online statements almost every other day as I've had cc previous experiences with cc fraud.

For those who don't it's probably better to just cancel the card and get a new one.

12. Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus Chibi Ursa is grumbly

Might not be a bad idea. The last time I used my affected cards were to renew my membership for 2011 (bank card) and purchase Cheetor/Ramjet (Discover).

Bot those cards got hit with charges.

13. TheMonarch

TheMonarch Still arching Venture

News Credits:
    First time using that particular card with TFCC was after the switch. Did not use it prior to that point.

14. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

<3 Thanks love!

It seems pretty stupid that an e-mail was not sent out alerting club members to a possible threat. I mean I think people are freaking out more without the alert then we would have with it. And it's not like e-mails aren't on file.

I've already renewed my membership for this year but next year is in debate if they don't shape up.

15. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, i check my card all the time anyway, but this really makes me worried now that it looks like people after the switch are being affected... that's just not good at all... this whole situation has just gone to shit, and still no official word from FP other than credit card numbers get stolen, a lot...

16. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Great... so there goes the safety net that is was the old processor...

If you only used that card after Feb 2nd and didn't try before that but not get through... or never used that card before for any reason there I guess that confirms then even with the switch over to Authorize.net they are still compromised...

Man what the hell... how are we going to know who was hit then? Wouldn't everyone automatically have been hit then? Every single person? :: sighs ::

17. TheMonarch

TheMonarch Still arching Venture

News Credits:
    I did get an email back today from FP asking a number of questions (what browser, public/private wifi, home computer or phone...etc.), which is a start.

I called the other day and was instructed to email my concern to them.

18. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I can certainly understand the anger from people. Lord knows if I used my debit card I'd be in a world of hurt too as I use my bank account to pay bills.

It's the main reason why everything I buy goes on my credit card where I have that extra level of protection. If someone commits fraud on my credit card it's no big deal for me as I just call up the credit card company and notify them of the unauthorized charges and they'll close the account, open a new one and send me a new card. I'm not liable for any of the charges and while it's a nuisance, it's easily rectified.

Complete opposite if it were my used a debit card linked to my bank account. That process takes much much longer to rectify and in the mean time, that cash is gone until the bank has finished their investigation and only then they'll give me back the money.

19. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got the same email from TFCC wanting info.

20. Lumpy

News Credits:
    sounds like they want a paper trail, so to speak, of all the issues...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.