Fandom Card Issues 2/2012

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lumpy, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

Anyone tried prepaid cards yet to pay for their membership?

2. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. You should do this on the Customer payment screen...

We have removed the delete button from that screen.

3. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Does that mean since I dont have a CC set up in the new store I do not have an auto-renew? The Customer Payment Screen is totally void of information on my account.

4. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pete,

If I changed my password for the store does that also change it for the member forum & Member only area?

5. Pete Sync

News Credits:
    The store and that site are not connected. The current Members site will be taken offline soon and replaced...

6. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's 2-5 years, depending on the card issuer. (most are 3-4). My Paypal is 4, bank is 3, most CCs are 3, corp AmEx is 5.

At least the last 4 digits of the card, and always the CVV code, change with any re-issue.

I did. Went to 7-11, got a prepaid w/ enough for the membership deadline this Wednesday; and I'll reload it + use my expiring bank-card at BotCon. Then cancel the bankcard upon return home, and maybe the pre-load. I will probably keep the pre-load for things like annual subscriptions like TFCC, only loading money to it when needed. If I load or use it at least every 90 days, no fee, with low per-transaction fee. Protects what I want, without a lot of hassle.
    FWIW, I chose NetSpend as my reloadable. Allows for transfers from the bank, as well as most 7-11 & check-cashing places. There's also a Western Union one. NetSpend says they also offer one-time-use codes - balance comes from your NS card, but the card's # isn't given out.

7. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just out of curiosity, is Runamuck expected to ship before or after Botcon, and if it's after...roughly how long after?

8. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So if you have no card information stored in there, you don't have the option to disable the auto renewal?

I got the auto renewal email, and I see a bill date of 04/03/12 in my Purchase History tab. When I go to the Customer Payment Info tab I see no option to disable auto renew (as was hinted at earlier in this thread) but I also see no credit cards saved for me to delete. So I assume any auto renew attempt will automatically fail anyways.

Just find it odd that I seemingly have no ability to toggle the auto renew on or off. Is this only something that you are able to do if there is credit card info on file?

9. TheosPrime

TheosPrime Complete Amateur

Ebay:
    :lol 

10. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Why in GOD'S NAME would you remove the most obvious method of deleting an auto-renew that most people aren't even aware of, NOR were notified by the club that they were even set up for? Are we all on Internet Candid Camera or something?

11. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    you may have missed it, but Boardwise already talked about that... look below...

yeah, i'd love to know this too... hopefully, they're already in FP's hands, and have been getting boxed up for existing members over the last few weeks, and will all get shipped soon...

i guess it would make sense that you can't turn it on if there's no credit card on file, cuz then you wouldn't be able to be charged... i think i just cancelled my auto renew, even though i didn't have a card on file, but i'm not entirely sure. the new site seems a bit more confusing. gotta read through Pete's old posts again to make sure I did that right...

12. RustyMuffler

RustyMuffler Tronbot

I have been wondering this exact thing for the past month and a half. Just sitting back in awe at this point, waiting for the punchline.

13. Pete Sync

News Credits:
    Yes, you can only do if you have a card on file. ONLY people with a card on file would be those who just signed up using the new system. ANYONE who was ported over does not have any card data on file.

You will get an email 15 days before your membership expires alerting you that you do not have a card on file. At that time you can add the card. After it is charged you are free to delete the card from the file.

All of this can be edited in the "Customer Payment Info" section.

We will continue to make modifications to make this as user friendly as possible...

14. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

Thanks brother. I didn't think anyone would answer with all the ranting about the security breach. Sucks as I know what its like as I had it happen about 8 years ago.

Pete, the only thing I got to say is your co is fortunate that the freebee is a good one this year because if I thought I would get it for the same price on the secondary market I would not join and buy it elsewhere. Your co cannot expect to ask for basically $40 for a deluxe figure that costs $5 to make (if that) and then turn around and not invest some of that profit in a good encryption software.

I think maybe you all need to sit down and find a way to make this up to the fans. Kinda like Sony did for PS3 owners last year, and that wasn't near the debacle this has turned out to be. And I don't mean offering more $50-100 repaints. How about another freebee figure? I don't think this is too much to ask. Not for me, mind you, but for the people you shafted. It would be a good trucemaker though, and if you offered it to new members too it would boost your marketplace confidence. Just a thought.

15. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification!

16. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    People asking for free figures and/or memberships from the club to apologize for this are crazy, that's just not going to happen. A giveaway of that magnitude would probably bankrupt them.

All we are going to get is "oh gee, sorry". Monetary compensation is out of the question. They won't even reimburse the internationals they screwed with their unchangeable "hard" deadline, and that's a mere $5 or $10 each (or whatever the fee was) for a fairly small group of members.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  17. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

I thought it was more then that... I think someone had to spend 30 to get it in on time? I could be wrong though. So much info has been going back and forth in here.

18. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    It already WAS. There was a delete button. I clicked it. It was over. You took this option away and now it's anything BUT user friendly. How can that statement even be made? Seriously.

19. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hey, if you don't give people a choice on auto-renewing, why make it easy for them to cancel what they didn't ask for in the first place? That's slimy business 101.

That aside, considering the system is new and renewals are a year away for masochists that put their cards back into the system, I imagine this will change. We don't need to go ballistic just yet.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  20. Pete Sync

News Credits:
    That deleted your membership. If you didn't have any card info on file there is nothing to delete.

We said that there was no reason for existing members to use the system at this time. It only needs to be used for renewals and NEW memberships. All of that info was in the email we sent out.

For the several people who deleted their accounts we will be restoring them. For the mean time we have disabled that option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.