Fandom Card Issues 2/2012

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lumpy, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RageD

RageD Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They had a massive security breach which prevented people from renewing via CC and instead had to mail. They also moved up the deadline If I recall.

2. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

The problem is the site went down only a couple weeks ago and people were led to believe it would be back up in time. Then as the deadline got closer, they were basically told it wouldn't be and if they didn't rush their renewals in, then they'd be SOL.

3. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The 'hard' deadline was the 16th and FP refused to change it even with them unable to process cards (not like anyone with an IQ above a cheese burger would give them one). Not to mention many of us were waiting for over a month to get this shit squared away. So many members paid extra for international money orders and expedited shipping. Then FP turns around and extends the 'hard' dealine until the 21st. Effectively screwing everyone crazy enough to go out of their way to renew.

4. RageD

RageD Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And Yet People are Suprised by this.......Baffling!

5. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Makes sense.

Always though their website was a joke. Considering a good portion of their fanbase are probably involved with IT, they could have easily hired someone to rework their site a long time ago. Offer a Botcon package as payment. You know there would be people lining up.

6. RageD

RageD Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But FunPub runs away in the face of common-sense!

7. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Whoa, man. With the club themselves saying that they don't know how long ago the intrusion happened and that cards used over a year ago are getting used, along with the fact that last year's issue DID happen right around the time of club exclusives and the fact that Curt spent a lot of money looking into the problem and found no evidence of intrusion into their systems, it was a legit question as to whether it may have been an earlier round of club issues.

If you say TFsource was the only link to your card I'm inclined to believe you. TFsource's sponsorship of my youtube channel has no part of it. I like Curt, he's a decent guy, and I don't think he's trying to pull a fast one on any of the fandom. If I thought for a second he was playing fast and loose with our info I'd drop his sponsorship without question. I don't need that money every month. And honestly, I don't think the club is out to get anyone either. I think they got hit with several cruddy issues all at once, and it definitely seems to be taking a toll on how they're dealing with it. It's a hard situation to be in, to be sure.

I'm not renewing with the club or going to Botcon this year, but honestly, that was a decision I made BEFORE any of this happened. If they learn from it and get things back in order I'll be back next year, just like I was with TFsource. I'd have questioned this regardless of my affiliation with TFsource, and I'm not the only one who's thought about it. Not everything's a conspiracy. We all have the ability to choose who we support with our business, and both you and I have done it. Simple as that.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  8. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:

Over a month and still no word on this, what a fucking joke.

9. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    Stop being such a tease, Brian. Tell us what these exciting new features will be!

10. snaketales

snaketales Active Member

Wonder if that will include international postage charges that are realistic? I was part of a group order of Over-Runs to Australia that was overcharged about $38 for postage, and I know of another group order that was overcharged $56.

Surely bubble wrap isn't that expensive? :sly: 

11. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    Military grade bubble wrap is VERY expensive.

12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It better be bullet proof then.:D 

13. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Pretty sure they will insist that the charge is for tracking.

14. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    The club should have said this:

... you know like most places do.

Same here. No emails about my wife's new membership OR my renewal, but at the bottom of my email it had my updated expiration date as 3/5/13.

We sent my wife's membership via priority mail to ensure it got there in time.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  15. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Please don't let this thread get over shadowed by the 'update' thread.

16. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Well that sucks. Spent all that money for priority mail. They get it today per the confirmation number and NOW they extend the deadline. AWESOME!!! So that was 5 bucks totally wasted. Thank you.

I can say for sure I love some of the toys, love some of the ideas, but hate what is happening.

My spam folder is so bloated it needs some laxatives to help clean it out. If anyone wants to meet local MILFs in your area, want to increase your breast size, secure a loan, or get pills from Canada, let me know and I will forward the emails to you.

Luckily the phone number FP had on file is a number I disconnected before this all went down. I feel for those of you that have to deal with the phone calls or international mailing issues.

I did have one card compromised back with the TFsource thing but that was taken care of fast by the card company. My issue with them though is not where the card info was taken as it can happen. I will use paypal for now on though if I buy anything from them. I am just displeased at them holding onto their own exclusives, listing them as sold out, and jacking the price up to almost double at a botcon the same/following year.

So back on topic................

Does it scare anyone else here that Hasbro hasn't said anything else since the last communication the sent out?? Do you think they are finally getting involved and that may be why so much is now happening behind scenes and why we cannot get any real answers??

17. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    As merely an observer of all this, I can only say these people need to be fired. All of them. I can't believe anyone would continue to deal with them. And for what? A toy?

18. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Extending the deadline was a courtesy. They would've gotten hate mail for sticking to their original March 16th date ("I couldn't renew via CC!"), and equally the same volume of mail for extending it ("You screwed me for expedited postage!")

In short, they can't win.

With this extension, the club gives peace to everyone who may have been worrying all this time whether their mail would make it in time. Like the poster said before, I read it not as a "you still have time!" e-mail, but rather a "don't you worry, if you mailed it out, it'll get here" message.

19. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I dunno if it's because I'm in the US or what, but I personally haven't had too terrible of an experience with them. I mean, like, I only had a few issues. I mean, there was the hiccup with the pre-ordering of Runabout, then I changed my card. to be safe (plus i lost it too-2 birds, one stone)

Now I'm not saying that the site isn't a mess, I'm not saying that things couldnt be a lot better, but they ARE updating their stuff now, and are at least trying a bit to fix things, even if it is retroactively. better than not updating at all. So when people are in shock that anyone would still buy from them, well... Those 2 things weren't a big issue with me.

I mean, for those who are overpaying, it sucks, and you have every right to be upset, but I feel like a lot of people are overreacting a bit to the issues they had.

20. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    F.*** P.eople is what we do....

T.aking F.ans C.redit C.ards...is our specialty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.