Fan Power Scaling

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Reygn, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Reygn

Reygn Banned

We go through different characters, taking inspiration from their different iterations, and give them a set limit and power set.
    Just brainstorm, scale them to others, going off of how powerful they are.
    ie, Brawn has super strength and can lift a building or something.

Bot No.1 - Optimus Prime -

2. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be honest, I'd go with their size, built, type, and such, and keep it within acceptable physics, metal stress capacity, tensile strength, gears and joints and such parameters that makes sense. this should include the fact that with parts being part of transformation, they lose a lot of potential as a "snapped-in" part would not have the same resistance as a set bulkhead type engineered part.

As from one media to another, it gets seriously out of wack and ridiculous and completely plot driven by the writer of the week, so I wouldn't want to consider any media as a reliable source.

For reference: Using a 35K pounds/17 tons of lift capacity for a large excavator, which is the real world example that would be decent comparison to a transformer's arm and mechanism, taking in account that the "alien" metal would be stronger BUT that the robot's arms and such would be much smaller than an excavator arm, so it would balance out.

So Optimus because of size and type, would be quite strong. I'd rate him at around the 25 Tons range. Which if anyone would want to use such a scale, I'd give him a medium rating of 5/10, just so that the much larger robots, including combiners could be on the same scale.

So for a scale I would suggest something like:
    1=5 tons
    2=10 tons
    3=15 tons
    4=20 tons
    5=25 tons
    6=30 tons
    7=35 tons
    8=40 tons
    9=45 tons
    10=50 tons
    etc.

So smaller ones such as the mini-spies (cassettes) or minibots would be either 1 or 2.
    The normal sized cars (Datsuns, etc) would be 3.
    The larger vehicles such as Ironhide, Seekers and such, I'd go with 4.

Combiners would hit the 8 or 9 range.

The city bots and such, would be off these scales and more in the 50+ levels.

Then if you go with speed scales, I'd say that you'd have to rate by the max speed that they can reach, again, taking in consideration their type, size, and alien capacity being enhanced.

1=100 kmph max
    2=200 kmph max
    3=300 kmph max
    4=400 kmph max
    5=500 kmph max
    6=600 kmph max
    7=700 kmph max
    etc...

So Optimus would hit a 2

And in a way, we repeat the similar levels with the others, so smaller ones such as the mini-spies (cassettes) or minibots would be either 1 or 2.
    The cars/vehicles would be 1,2 or 3.
    But then, the flying types such as the Seekers and such, would hit 4 and up.

So that's how I'd do it.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Reygn

Reygn Banned

Interesting; I'll take this into account.