2D Artwork: Fan Made Transformers Card Game

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by dougger16, Jul 23, 2014.

1. dougger16

dougger16 Active Member

No that is great observation. I come up with these effects off the top of my head and its easy to forget some of the most simple things that you just expect people to know but your right, it needs to be on the card.

This is what I changed it to:
    [​IMG]

2. dougger16

dougger16 Active Member

3. dougger16

dougger16 Active Member

So I am working on some possible alternative art cards for several Transfromers. Right now I am working on Grimlock. I would love to get any of your thoughts on a possible ability for the new card. I am looking for something that would be good but at the same time help balance him out. As you can see, he has some pretty high numbered stats. This is the other one I had made:

[​IMG]

4. dougger16

dougger16 Active Member

For everyone living in America: Happy 4th of July! In celebration I added a new set of command, equipment and mission cards, as well as I finished adding the Dinobots and the Insecticons.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

PS. I am still interested in any thoughts for an ability for an "alternative art" card.

5. dougger16

dougger16 Active Member

Hey guys! I made a quick little guide for the transformers cards, please check it out!
    [​IMG]

6. Devaron9

Devaron9 Token Falchion Wielding Welshy

I think you should rename Barrages ability Scavenge.

As for an alt. Card ability, how about Salvage, where you put a discarded card back into your hand/deck.

7. dougger16

dougger16 Active Member

I like Salvage! I'll see what I can do!!! THANK YOU!!!

8. Axos

Axos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I really like this, the few attemps at official Transformers card games have been really lacking, this is way better.

You could give Grimlock an ability that makes him able to summon Dinobots. And since Shrapnel controls Electricity, maybe he could affect energon in some way?

9. dougger16

dougger16 Active Member

Thanks I really apreciate it! Though, I know the rules still have a lot of work to be done. (I hope to have a "ROUGH" rule booklet up sometime next month so others can print these out and play and together we can help make this an AWESOME game!)

I did end up giving Grimlock an ability that did afffect the Dinobots (that card should be up in the next week or so.).
    As for Shrapnel, the problem with giving him a good ability is that his stats are really good for his lower rank. Often time because of certain stats, I have to find keywords or card effects to balance them out so no one card would be super OP.

10. Devaron9

Idea for a command: Hive Mind - Gives +1/2 intelligence to all Insecticons.

11. dougger16

dougger16 Active Member

WOAH! I like that! I have most of my command cards already made. (just taking my time to upload them lol) but I am definitly going to store that away! I LIKE THAT ONE ALOT!

12. dougger16

dougger16 Active Member

13. dougger16

dougger16 Active Member

I made a concept for the card:

Attached Files:

14. Devaron9

Looks cool. Also how about as an ultra rare card do one where the art takes up the whole card, like the current Pokémon sets.

15. dougger16

dougger16 Active Member

I've thought of that idea before, and honestly it isn't a bad idea but I just feel like design wise, I already have done a lot and I would have to shift where stats go and stuff so... I think its a great option for future sets for when we really need to change things up but for now, im not too worried about it.

16. dougger16

dougger16 Active Member

Hey guys! I want to apologize.... I said I would try to have rules up by the beginning of this month and we are quickly entering the last half of the month and I still dont have any up. It has been hard to find the time to test the game enough to wright rules. Honestly I have only played it once and there is still TOO MANY issues to make a super rough concept of rules. So I dont want to make promises of when it will come out but what I dont want is for your guy's interest (or possible excitement?) to die down. I know in the end that's my fault but please stay tuned for them and hopefully some time soon ill have something for all of you...

17. dougger16

dougger16 Active Member

I know I never posted rules but I did finish posting up the rest of the set (...FINALLY)
    Be sure to check out the rest here: druefus's DeviantArt gallery

AB-36 Optimus Prime (NEW).png DC-36 Megatron (NEW).png