Fan first friday may 21st

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fc203, May 17, 2021.

1. AgapeNS

AgapeNS Active Member

Target has the pre-orders up for the new guys at the old price before the hike.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bumblejacker

Bumblejacker Well-Known Member

*Looks at TFP RID Voyagers with their clear plastic arms*

3. Magnus1701

Magnus1701 Duly Appointed Enforcer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I\'m excited for all these.  Managed to get in the preorders for all four.  I absolutely love Wreck Gar and Slag.  Gnaw I\'m excited for, though I\'m not going to troop build him like the previous legends ones.  Now if anyone wishes to rid themselves of their pre-existing Sharkticon army...  HOLLER!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Excessively Angry Decepticon

Swindle's vehicle mode is terrible. He has giant robot hands where his driver is supposed to go. At least the Arealbots' visible hands were off to one side. Vortex doesn't look like any military helicopter I've ever seen and he still looks nearly identical to Blades. One of them needs a new figure and I vote it be Vortex. Onslaught has a big backpack and a questionable vehicle form but is passable. I honestly forgot about shuttle Blast Off becoming widely available but he is an awkward looking figure. His thruster feet look silly and his lower legs are chunky while his upper legs are skinny.

Menasor can still get the first update, if he is as bad as people say, but I'm still hoping Bruticus will be next.

Last edited: May 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Bumblejacker

Bumblejacker Well-Known Member

Have you not seen Armada Thrust?

• Like Like x 3
  6. butz

butz slippery when wet

Wreck Gar and Slag look great (Daniel not so much), and Gnaw is... ok. I think if I had stockpiled any of the previous Sharkticon releases, I would probably skip this one. Just not wowed by it. Aside from the Ugg boots of course, which are fabulous.
    Wreck Gar leaves me very hopeful for any subsequent Junkion figures: I will buy any and all of them that they decide to put out. Especially need one of the guys with the wheels in the chest/torso region.

• Like Like x 1
  7. setsuna

setsuna Well-Known Member

Which mini figures does everyone thing Slug, Snarl and Swoop would come with?

I feel like Swoop would be a voyager only and not come with a minifig. But a transforming Exosuit or Wheelie would be ideal!

8. setsuna

setsuna Well-Known Member

i know what i said :p 

9. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    You pretty much decided to choose violence when making this comment, didn’t you? I’m not even being sarcastic. Openly admitting that you dislike the ‘86 movie, or G1 in general, is the equivalent of murdering someone’s mother on these boards.

I can’t put my finger on it but I’m pretty sure there’s something about a 35th anniversary this year or something.

Also, I’m pretty sure it was and continues to be successful. If Hasbro had added in the G1 characters in late 2018 or early 2019, I’d be inclined to agree that Studio Series was failing. However, the line was mostly Bayformers, with some Bee movie stuff thrown in here and there for 2 1/2 years. And Hasbro decided to do ROTF Devastator also. If the line had been failing, I really feel like doing a combining gestalt would’ve been at the very bottom of Hasbro’s list of things to do.

There's also the ongoing MPM line, and ThreeZero and Prime1 Studios continue to produce pretty expensive statues. For a failed continuity that nobody likes and is apparently losing Hasbro money, Hasbro sure is doing a lot of merchandising for it.

But Bay bad, G1 good or some shit like that.

Last edited: May 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  10. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Yeah, combiner wars looked very cheap. I didn't buy any of these. Devastator was awesome though, but too big.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think we'll get a second Exo-suit (they'll call it Spike, but since there isn't a face who the fuck cares) with Snarl, Sludge will have a really long neck and come with nothing, and Swoop will either be a voyager or a leader and come with 5 swords.

• Like Like x 2
  12. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    I almost wouldn't mind if Hasbro took another shot at making combiners where the teams don't transform into cartoonishly proportioned vehicles. If they can make toys of the complex-looking ROTF Constructicons and have them transform into different robot and vehicle modes while still being able to combine, I really feel like they could pull off a G1 Menasor or Bruticus.

• Like Like x 6
  13. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do we know if the white on Shattered Glass SS is painted? Cool figure, but all the white being unpainted on a figure that is mostly that color seems cheap

14. WhatWouldSkyLynxDo

WhatWouldSkyLynxDo Well-Known Member

I wish the Takara Strafe was made available in the US. I wanted to get four of those for Lynx Master and give him a “Space Team” that were all matching limbs. Strafe’s red never seemed to match Lynx’s in any version though... Aw well.

15. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

Any traction on SG toys? Seem pretty niche to me.

And Im kind of insulted that they fired the Botcon crew and just stole their project. SG made sense for Botcon; it makes no sense to me as a standalone Hasbro sub-brand. :/

The toys look nice, tho. Just weird that they come direct from Hasbro now...

• Like Like x 3
  16. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And I hope you get it. I’m a Combaticons fan too. They’re the only combiner I’d be tempted to double dip on, if the new versions are better than where mine has ended up!

And a new Bruticus would mean that the Menasor was a success and that’s good for all of us.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Mung daal

Mung daal Dancing is forbidden

I was in primary school during combiner wars so I hope all the season 2 combiners get updated with commander class leaders.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    You and me both

• Like Like x 2
  19. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Glad someone else loves this line :D 

Knowing what this wave contains, I can guarantee that I won't be completely satisfied with this collection until we get Sir Soundwave and Rodimus.

The main reason I think there is more to come is the current Bot to Con ratio. Its literally Megatron and Starscream vs Optimus and 4 other evil autobots.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I own this. Still in package, too.

0A8DFCC4-E1C8-4ACA-9065-0C28413B6CDB.jpeg

I love this line as well, though I’m not gonna be “all in”. Just the characters I want, which so far have been (counting the “preview” set) Optimus, Ratchet, Megatron, and Starscream. Goldbug will be ordered as well. Then just waiting for Grimlock, Jazz, and Rodimus.

• Like Like x 4