Fan first friday may 21st

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fc203, May 17, 2021.

1. carnerd3000

carnerd3000 "This is bad comedy."

It sounds like this will be the ultimate Motormaster toy. I was pretty surprised to hear he will be a Commander class. More than likely it will be another cartoon-accurate figure, which means he could be both the tractor cab and trailer. I also wouldn't be surprised if he came with that little black car that was attached to Menasor's chest.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    It's taken til now for toy technology to get to the point where they can actually give us decent looking versions of the Bayverse lot. There's a lot of them that are basically muddy blurs on the screen for the most part that have turned out to actually be pretty nicely designed, now that we're able to appreciate them more. I'm not a fan of the movies at all but even I've bought some SS and 3P versions of some of the Bayverse 'bots.

Having said that, the Bumblebee movie, to my eyes, does a much better job of giving us instantly recognisable characters done with a fresh eye and I'd like to see more of that in the next movie/s. BB Optimus looks absolutely unmistakeable to my eyes, but I could barely recognise the previous version as the same character at all. Too much and too radical a change tends to turn more people off than it turns on.

They're all that's missing dagnabbit!! If any 3P wants to knock up a set I'll buy a ton and glue them on myself.

I hope the rubber spikes on Wreck-Gar aren't 'too' rubbery and prone to perishing, but I really hope his nipples aren't also rubber as I plan on chroming them....

Oh, and does anyone else look at SG Starscream and think nothing but 'Easy Pharma Repaint', or is it just me?

• Like Like x 3
  3. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    2021-05-22 10-08_page_1.jpg

That looks like marketing speak to me... ;) 

• Like Like x 6
  4. Wayne EHP

Wayne EHP Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I really want SG Starscream just to add a recolor to my Tetrajets but paying 50 bucks for it with taxes and shipping....I dont know I just can't justify it to myself.

5. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I believe based on what Wreckgar has said and listings that have leaked we can add Leader class TFP Optimus Prime, an unknown Leader Megatron, TFP Bulkhead (presumably Leader class because he's apparently sharing a mold with Optimus somehow), and TFP Knockout (presumably Deluxe but it was never specified) to Legacy.
    Like them or not, you can't deny that the CW designs are generally very stylized, particularly the Stunticons who I'd consider the most aggressively stylized CHUG toys period, and that if you care very much about maintaining a coherent aesthetic in your collection they just won't fit in with WFC and SS86 figures.
    I prefer Wreck-gar as an alien bike and like his SS86 robot mode better but the RTS figure does have one of the best-done alt modes of bike-formers in general, as well as the superior head design thanks to having a transparent faux windscreen on top.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    Well, ok, let me try another tack: In the end, we’re all just consumers, looking to connect with brands that make us feel like we’re a part of something that connects us to other people like ourselves. My belief is that a brand’s marketing should try to remind people why they came in the first place, while taking them on a journey that they can easily step into and trust that they’re going to enjoy the ride with others who love the things they love. Like being a part of an exclusive club, where “iykyk.”

Hope that feels a little less like “Marketing Speak”?

-A.S.

• Like Like x 4
  7. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    G1 sells better, I guess.

Yeah, all year. Which started months ago. The year of the 35th anniversary.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 Mandatory Stunning and Brave Fiction in Fiction

Two army building bots at the same time! And the Sweeps! Are they trying to kill my wallet? Every time I see Wreck-Gar or Gnaw or the Sweeps at the store I'm going to want to buy it, even if I already have a bunch at home. I don't think I have the willpower for that!

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
    I feel kind of like a kid again. Thanks Hasbro, you made me feel young again.:drool: :) :cool: 

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  9. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    *raises hand* and I'm not even gonna bother repainting it. He just IS Pharma, now. LOL

• Like Like x 3
  10. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

That Megatron will probably be Prime to match the Arcee, Bulkhead, and Optimus.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    For those who were upset about no Bayverse. Was looking at a Fan First video that focused on 86 movie which wave October 16th. Then on November 13th, there was a Fan First that was about the next wave being Bayverse stuff and that was a Triple Fan First. For all we know, all that Bayverse stuff may be a month away or they may do another Triple Fan First soon.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Gee Won 1984

Does anyone else think Wreck-Gar's toy face kind of looks like a young Geraldo Rivera?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dire 51

Dire 51 Line Stepper.

Now I can't unsee it.

• Like Like x 6
  14. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gee Won 1984

Hasbro should rename Megatron and Bumblebee, Slugtron and Bumbleswoop, then people would see how dumb changing Slag's name was.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Can't say I like Starscream AS much as the other two versions of him but he still looks pretty good and I'm very pleased that they both went with the Siege mold and gave him swords. This may very well be the closest to getting an SG update right they've done and I can't say I'm disappointed at all; That plus this being Starscream makes me look forward to it very much.
    Hopefully we end up getting SG Dirge at some point seeing as he easily could have had a toy but never actually did. Bonus points if they craft a shell for him but I'll take him even if they don't.

17. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Did I hear wrong, or did they refer to this as SS86 'Wave Three'? What was Wave Two??

18. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Marketing strategy: Remind us all we're old enough that almost 4 decades has passed since one of the seminal childhood memories many of us have. Sell toys to console us in our existential terror in the face of mortality. :lol 

In all seriousness though, Wreck-Gar looks amaaaaze balls and is now preordered. Wow. Beautiful looking. The alt-mode, too.

• Like Like x 5
  19. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    They look extremely close to their G1 selves. Your parameters for “extremely styalized” seems to be off if some line work and 1 less pir of wheels on one of them makes them almost unrecognizable.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's a good chance, but we don't know for sure. We're also said to be getting UT figures next year so there's been speculation it could be an Armada Megatron.

• Like Like x 1